• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The Woolworths Thread (3 Viewers)

LIQR7

HSC
N/A
with lines that have a zero soh on the gun , put a temp unavaliable slip covering the ticket , with lines that have a positive soh eg 10 mark as N on the gun , then go back and try to locate the stock and put on the shelf
geez, if this is how they teach you to do the routine no wonder there are so many stock issues in stores.

1. Temp Unavailable plastic ticket should only be used if there is a Plan Confirm Date in the gun( i.e. 3/3/33 etc) or directed to via natcom/corecom. Any instore ralated stock issue(i.e. MPL issue/promo screens not done correctly, missing stock etc) should be left as is as the product is NOT temp unavailable, just that the dept manager is slack and not on top of their dept most of the time.

2. Any SKU that has either breached its MPL already or will Breach its MPL by the time of your next routine(i.e. if you do 3 per day 6am-11am-4pm) you should scan anything that you think will breach that MPL by 11am if doing the 6am morning scans etc

If your in Liquor and your by yourself from say 7am to 5pm apart from your lunch break, you should be scanning the whole liquor store for anything that will breach MPL that day. thats why we roster people to start an hour before it opens in there.

If any SKU is always looking low, look at your MPL's and either change it or submit a E-form to Autostockr. Thats what they are there for. you should be able to walk your department and know exactly what sells and what should be scanned.

All this is listed on STORENET.

On the topic of shirts, staff were photographed in the new ones on monday to go into the promo images. So they are not far away ;). I attached some pics. There are 2 types, one in the pic, and the other is more greener with the pattern that is less obvious.

Also, FYI, Spotlight don't do the new shirts. Total Image Group do. They also do the new Woolworths Petrol and BWS clothing. They are not actually too bad. Note: the pics are not the best and were taken with my mobile

Pics removed... I suppose they are not supposed to be released yet

Last edited:
HSC
On the topic of shirts, staff were photographed in the new ones on monday to go into the promo images. So they are not far away ;). I attached some pics. There are 2 types, one in the pic, and the other is more greener with the pattern that is less obvious.

Also, FYI, Spotlight don't do the new shirts. Total Image Group do. They also do the new Woolworths Petrol and BWS clothing. They are not actually too bad. Note: the pics are not the best and were taken with my mobile
I don't think I like the new shirts :mad1:
I actually had to order a new one today though, massive hole down the front of my last in-tact shirt. :burn: Think I'm up to six shirts in not even three years of having the green ones.

Last edited:

Craven

HSC
Yeah, I don't like the look of that... I've kind of grown fond of our green ones considering I hated changing to them originally, lol.

HSC
Also, how do you handle people that always ask to do stock or find some way to escape the register?
Haha, I was always one of those operators. But I was at least good at stock/selling raffle tickets.

What I tend to do is proactively try to get good operators off doing these jobs - by good I mean people who aren't annoying and are actually good at the jobs I want done. Usually I will have people who can fit both of these criteria.

In saying that though, I also have one or two operators who I would never take off their registers because they have a tendency to sit in the tea room rather than do stock.

ekul444

HSC
N/A
yeah, it doesn't let you create a new login.

hope ours aren't white though, didn't we just move away from that?
they're not white??? - theyre pale green, as seen in LIQR7's photos which are the actual shirt

Isaia

HSC
Hi All,
I have a very big favour to ask anyone in the Long Life department experienced with AutostockR. I am in the akward position of being entrusted to complete AutostockR routines and dont actually know what Im doing. I learnt AutostockR from a workmate whom I have since found out was not doing it properly when she tought me. She never taught me of Capping Report or RR Report.

What I mean by this is... as you are completing the capping and overstocks for a particular aisle you are required to scan everything to determine the reason it is an overstock, ie. Its on Special, Incorrect Count etc.

However, Apparantly If you are unable to determine the reason why its overstock, the product get sent to Capping Report for a manager to do further investigation maybe, like I said im not sure.

So what I want to know is how do we figure out if we to send a product to Capping Report???

Once you finished work the capping/overs for the aisle apparantly you adjusting the empty spaces on shelf to (as you have worked all stock capping/overs it cannot be in store) adjust the count to Zero. Apparantly there is a RR Report concerning this???

Any information on Capping or RR Report much appreciated

Regards.

Isaia

HSC
PS: I know we send the product to Capping Report by pressing "C" but I want to know why we send the product to the report. What do we look at, how do we know it needs to go???

lordtopcat

Woolworths Bitch
HSC
I'm in produce and we don't do capping reports, but if I remember correctly I think Capping reports are any items that are not able to be displayed on the shelf, and they go up to the top of the shelf (Aka Caps) so that would be my guess that anything that is on the top shelf needs to be scanned for a capping report.

With Random Review we usually just print it off without doing anything as we can't be assed, but here's an example: You find an empty gap in the shelf and you scan the ticket, it says the SoH is 108, however you KNOW there is no stock for that item out the back, therefore you press R to put it on review, so the Longlife Manager/2IC/Supervisor (or whoever) will then review this SoH, check to make sure there is nothing out the back and then adjust the SoH accordingly.

Isaia

HSC
Thanks but actually I dont think its everything on capping which must be sent to the report I think there is something else to me find out first. Thanks for your help though.

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
Hellooo people =o

I have induction thursday & sat.

What to expect? =o
Lol as do I.
I think the induction is dry - watchign videos - learning company policy - etc?
The department specific inductions is where you learn about checkouts - or whatever your department is.

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
Safeway- so VICTORIA
SDA payrates as at 1 Jan 2009
Casual- first 4 months will be $10.02/hour
After 4 months you'll get $10.54/hr

But im thinking it may have gone up a little in July? They did last year
I see how you got $10.02 p/h, but not sure how you found out the after-training wage, as it says nothing about it.

How did you find the $10.54 p/h wage?

HSC
Yeah the email says you get it on the first induction day. Do you have to get changed as soon as you get it, or do you just wear it for the next inductions from there on in?
I think that they have some to try on so that you get the right size, and then you get your actual shirt in a packet.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
new shirts look like they'll either be really comfortable and cool, OR really itchy and hot. i'm suspecting the second

Isaia, i suggest you go onto storenet and read the AutostockR manual, or see if there is a hard copy in store. I'm not too familiar with the routine myself, but know it is on storenet.

NNS7

HSC
N/A
As far as the capping report goes, as a Perish 2ic I can't help much as we don't use these, well at lest not in my dept. lol

I'm in produce and we don't do capping reports, but if I remember correctly I think Capping reports are any items that are not able to be displayed on the shelf, and they go up to the top of the shelf (Aka Caps) so that would be my guess that anything that is on the top shelf needs to be scanned for a capping report.

With Random Review we usually just print it off without doing anything as we can't be assed, but here's an example: You find an empty gap in the shelf and you scan the ticket, it says the SoH is 108, however you KNOW there is no stock for that item out the back, therefore you press R to put it on review, so the Longlife Manager/2IC/Supervisor (or whoever) will then review this SoH, check to make sure there is nothing out the back and then adjust the SoH accordingly.
But for the RR we don't use it for the purpose above, that is done in quick wins. we only use RR to scan any OOS in the bread, complete manual counts and then use this in determining bread ordering (not bakehouse) and to consult with reps and suppliers. we also use it sometimes to order any tickets that may need replacing without constantly having to go between functions on the gun while completing PI, instead just pressing R while in inventory review, and giving the report to the systems operator.

sorry I can't be more help

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)