• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The Woolworths Thread (4 Viewers)

Treefeet

HSC
OK, So i had a look at the new uniform pics.. and i have seen that uniform before.. it looks like a farming type shirt.. no offence to anyone. Hmmz because my DM was telling me, the new ones were going to be like the big w ones. i mean they arent that bad looking.

With the new self-serve i have been told aswell, when you are shutting them down for the night, its a bit different. But being different is good.. its not like you want to be a robot :p

Does anybody know, if we are allowed to wear a jersey (NRL of course) on grand final day? every other year its been fine, but this year there hasnt been much talk. but yet they dress the store in colours of blue and white :(

HSC
Question: Can we claim travel allowance if we use our own cars to drive to another store to collect bags? If so, how?

Does anybody know, if we are allowed to wear a jersey (NRL of course) on grand final day? every other year its been fine, but this year there hasnt been much talk. but yet they dress the store in colours of blue and white :(
When West Coast won the AFL Grand Final in 06, all we had was ribbons to tie in hair. The front end was somewhat decorated. (I'm in Perth, so this isn't too weird :haha:)

I guess it is up to the store manager. Definitely raise it with them though.

ay0_x

HSC
If there's new shirts

why on earth are they giving us newbies the old ones =\

and omfg induction = sososoboringsavemenow.

EDIT: iMathew, were you at Burwood induction? *stalks* ahah there was a guy named Mathew there.. Because I will totally be friends with you on Saturday because i needs entertainment. ;_;

Last edited:

lordtopcat

Woolworths Bitch
HSC
So this Every Day Rewards you guys are talking about, is it the equivelant to New Zealand's "One Card"? There are certain specials throughout the store that can ONLY be claimed by swipping a one card, and every time you buy one of those specials you get points....Then every May, September and December customers get sent gift vouchers depending on how much points they have...If you have 200 you get $15, 400 $30, 600 $45 etc etc

yoddle

is cool
HSC
So will supervisor's vests be changing? No-one answered.

Also, just rang union delegate re: new years (have like four months notice and CSM reckons I can't have it off), she's finding out if I'm within my rights or not.

Also, we have 15 staff on tomoz (grand final) morning, which is enough staff to man every singleregister except for the ones we never use. Yay! Probs also cos appaz Greg Foran is dropping by.

HSC

Also, just rang union delegate re: new years (have like four months notice and CSM reckons I can't have it off), she's finding out if I'm within my rights or not.

Also, we have 15 staff on tomoz (grand final) morning, which is enough staff to man every singleregister except for the ones we never use. Yay! Probs also cos appaz Greg Foran is dropping by.
More likely to do with Greg Foran visiting than Grand Final, hehe.

Also, good luck with getting new years off. Are you casual or ppt?

danberg

HSC

Your CSM sounds like pure evil!
The SDA has a summary sheet about the Safeway agreement.
RE: Public holidays (which includes New Year's Day) it says:
"
Nobody, including casuals, can be
required to work on these public holidays.
If you​
choose to work on a publicholiday, you must be paid at double-time-and-a-half with a
minimum engagement of three hours."

I hope for your sake that the ?NSW? agreement is similar

Last edited:

yoddle

is cool
HSC
The delegate rang back and said that I'm definitely allowed to have it off (Tasmania SDA agreement)

But totes awkward because she told said CSM that I rang and I asked if she was put out and the delegate goes "mmmm, ummm", which means yes. Appaz she wanted me to supervise.

But I enjoy quite a good relationship with my CSM and I'm scared she's going to hate me now! I see her tomorrow for four hours. Not looking forward to it.

Then again, she shouldn't be ripping me off.
I'm a casual.

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
If there's new shirts

why on earth are they giving us newbies the old ones =\

and omfg induction = sososoboringsavemenow.

EDIT: iMathew, were you at Burwood induction? *stalks* ahah there was a guy named Mathew there.. Because I will totally be friends with you on Saturday because i needs entertainment. ;_;
Omg Mat with 1 "T" and all? What a fluke, it's not me though :( - It'd be nice if it was, cause then i'd have you to talk to instead of nobody, haha.
My induction is this Saturday (tomorrow). So you reckon it's borrrring as hell? :(

Cheers

Harry778

HSC
OMG! I got my transfer back to my old store! I am so fucking happy rite now I could kiss the fuck wit customer that yelled at me this morning! No more stupid staggered express lanes and crappy service desk and falling apart draws =D=D=D
I will be getting my old contract back, with supervision every second week end and every thursday night, smoke shop and self serve! And 9-6 operator shift once a month!!!!!!!! So I'm only on check-outs once a month!

Lol...the HR lady said to me "now try and leave us alone for a bit" lol cos there was my transfer to my current one...then back to my old one!

Re the shirst. I like them except for the two pockets on the front of the male shirts. And the new black vest and jumpers look good=D

HAPPYHAPPYHAPPYHAPPYHAPPYHAPPYHAPPYHAPPYHAPPYHAPPYHAPPY=D

ay0_x

HSC
Omg Mat with 1 "T" and all? What a fluke, it's not me though :( - It'd be nice if it was, cause then i'd have you to talk to instead of nobody, haha.
My induction is this Saturday (tomorrow). So you reckon it's borrrring as hell? :(

Cheers
Yes, 1 T lol I had my hopes up haha!

It is boring :( they make you read out the code of conduct. Like.. "Who wants to read this page? Anybody? Ay0_x, how about you?". All primary school and shiz. And you watch a video about some tool who works at woolies and plays netball (what kind of guy plays netball?).

Union lady talks in length about how aweeeeeeeeeeesome the union is. You get your shirt (you dont get to pick the style[ short sleeve, long or 3/4] I didn't even get to pick the size. I asked for a 10, she gave me an 8. IT'S TOO TIGHT WOMAN ._.). Also they're the old ones not the new uniform everyone's raving about on here.

Then they teach you how to squat and how to lift blabla.

Basically you sit in a room and listen and jot down notes (not that you learn anything important anyway).

If you can, pretend to be Ray Charles and wear sunnies so you can sleep unnoticed. THATS how boring it was.

ay0_x

HSC
Do you get to try them on at least? - and how long is the lunch break
We had 5 minutes.

And some people tried them on but the HR folk were reluctant to change them for us.

They said 'oh bring them back saturday and we'll see what we can do'.

Treefeet

HSC
The green woolies shirts are much smaller fit then the original white shirts. For a female, you like to ask for your size you normal wear, but these you have to ask for a size higher, it makes you feel fat :( so im a size 12 and i have to wear a 14. its crap.. but its the way the shirts are made.

ay0_x

HSC
The green woolies shirts are much smaller fit then the original white shirts. For a female, you like to ask for your size you normal wear, but these you have to ask for a size higher, it makes you feel fat :( so im a size 12 and i have to wear a 14. its crap.. but its the way the shirts are made.
I did ask for a size higher.

I'm a size 8 and asked for a size 10.

they ASKED me if i wanted size 8, and i said, no, ten please.

they still gave me size 8.

and wrote down that they'd given me size 10.

quick90

HSC
My store can't hire anymore staff, because there's to many of us on casual lol

Treefeet

HSC
and that's why, they will start to put people on contracts.. i think most of our staff in my store that i work at, are all on contracts :p well front end anyway :)

Treefeet

HSC
Its not that great - less pay but
+ A/L
+ sick pay

and even when you ask for some personal time off, they take it out of your A/L cover..wtf :( lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)