The Woolworths Thread (1 Viewer)

ekul444

HSC
N/A
Our stupid store is getting refurbed though.

WHY ARE THEY HIRING CASHIERS, WHEN THEY'RE PUTTING SELF SERVICE LANES?

does not compute.

cause they barely take out any checkouts when they put self serve in... self serve does not take many customers away from normal checkouts. for example on saturday right before GF we had all 12 big registers open, a queue at self serve and 3 express open... they still need staff!

ay0_x

HSC
cause they barely take out any checkouts when they put self serve in... self serve does not take many customers away from normal checkouts. for example on saturday right before GF we had all 12 big registers open, a queue at self serve and 3 express open... they still need staff!
so self serve increases customers?! :S

Craven

HSC
iMathew, what scan rates are you currently getting? I'm guessing 15-16 a minute would be average for most operators...except strangely, our supervisors and longlife staff get the best scan rates...probably coz they're never on!
About 16 is what they want you to aim for. Our store average is around 12-13, lol. Supervisors probably have higher rates because we can do quantities and generally only serve on express. The last time I checked my scan rate it was about 20 but I always had a high scan rate to begin with :)

The biggest myth is that stores will lose jobs because of self-serve. People that propagate these ideas fail to acknowledge that supermarkets are always hiring, even through a recession Woolworths was creating jobs. On average we are losing staff faster than we can replace them (especially in rural/remote). (EDIT: I should clarify, not because they were fired/made redundant, but because they are moving on to other careers/finishing uni/having babies/etc).

Harry778

HSC
My last shift at my crap store todaaaaay =D Start at 11 to 8 as an operator gayyy.
I saw this report yesterday with just my name on it. It was a 'Time and Attendance Report' it looked like this

..................................................Total.......Regular.... OT.5
Emp. Name.............Number........Hr/$$.......Hr/$$......Hr/$$
SOMMERS, HARRY J ******.......35.00......35.00.......0.00

Does anyone know what this would be for? It was on the service desk?

Last edited:

lordtopcat

Woolworths Bitch
HSC
Speaiking of Produce...When I first started on check outs I couldn't tell the difference between a cabbage and a lettuce lmao...It's funny because now I'm produce 2IC

SS-champion

HSC
ekull44... at our store the Go Live day of WowPos SCO was the day that we started using the new software. i.e. it was installed that morning at 5am. But the regional champ was there the day before to start organising it.

SS-champion

HSC
Hey all =o

WHY ARE THEY HIRING CASHIERS, WHEN THEY'RE PUTTING SELF SERVICE LANES?

does not compute.
Self Serve definitely doesn't reduce staff levels. It may mean that there are less people on express (eg. 1 on self serve and 1 at service desk/smoke shop) or more on bulk. Woolworths is always hiring especially now ready for christmas etc.

The main benefit of self serve is to reduce that huge express line when it's busy and this does work if the customers know how to use it! :)

jgibson0011

HSC
N/A
Does anyone here know if having a parent working for, and owning shares of the competition (i.e. Wesfarmers) is a conflict of interest? I asked during training last year but they said it should be OK.

Also, used self-serve this morning. It's much better being able to select 'new bag' without having to wait for the green light. Anyone notice that the voice seems quieter and less annoying?

ekul444

HSC
N/A
ekull44... at our store the Go Live day of WowPos SCO was the day that we started using the new software. i.e. it was installed that morning at 5am. But the regional champ was there the day before to start organising it.
Thanks so much for clearing that up SS-champion...

HSC
Does anyone here know if having a parent working for, and owning shares of the competition (i.e. Wesfarmers) is a conflict of interest? I asked during training last year but they said it should be OK.
You will be okay. I used to work with someone who's husband was a manager at Coles, she never had an issue.

HSC
I'm preparing for my interview. Rehersing answers for these questions:

Tell me a bit about yourself? - 50 words.

why do you want the job a woolworths? - 40 wordsish.

Why are you suitable for the job? - 35 words

what are your weaknesses? - 40 words.

tell me about your school and your performance at school? - 60 words? - too much?

what's your career objective? 25 words.

Anyone know from past interview experience at woolies, what questions I haven't prepared for? and what are they?

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
Lmao indeed. I find it best to not prepare for interviews, because when the question comes up, you think "oh shit, did i have an answer planned for this one? what is it, what is it? shit shit".

Just answer it as they come, don't plan. Think of a question to ask at the end, I find that always helps.
I turned up to both my interviews in casual coths (even white shoes. (my black school shoes broke that day)) and I got the job, so don't worry. :)

SS-champion

HSC
Also, used self-serve this morning. It's much better being able to select 'new bag' without having to wait for the green light. Anyone notice that the voice seems quieter and less annoying?
The new bag button is good and they have improved the removal of bags but the new voice is slow and too quiet and when an error comes up on the screen all it says is wait for assistance and you have no idea what the actual problem is and usually there is no problem at all the sco just confuses itself I think.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)