The Woolworths Thread (4 Viewers)

yoddle

is cool
HSC
god, i wish we had night office people, we only get 1 change order a day, 2 if we're lucky.

and YAAAAAY, had to cut front end roster from 306 hours to 276 hours because of new store opening next week. and i'll be slaving away at my store all week, whilst some of my staff go off to to bludgy "store greeter" shifts at the new store
Mm they sound fun!
A woman at my work hurt her arm and appaz can't work, so her job is to direct traffic in front of the check outs.

We only do one change order run a day, about 10am ish.
Front end can cope, there's always the draws they never use which get change orders the size of the most used draws. Fucking use them for a change, stop whining about not having enough change, use some Lane Accountability, like you are supposed to.
We do do this, but wouldn't you agree it's better customer service and better all round if, instead of during buys periods, the supervisor has to keep running around looking for change in far-off registers? Also, you're not strictly even meant to swap money between registers.

and you suck for having a night cashier :p . Apart from on the weekend, the latest anyone will be in cash is 6pm, to do the final pick up for the day.
Packing up draws and everything else will be the fronts responsibility, and it's up to them to roster enough people to get the job done.
Hehe. We must be bigger than you?
This was the case at my rural store, but the supervisor only had 7 registers to pack up, so it wasn't a big deal, it's much more of a pain in the arse now.

SS-champion

HSC
im sorry but i had to laugh at that.. i feel bad.. ehehe umm with the note acceptor, that is easy to fix just pull the yellow bit off and then pull the note out. if you break it, just say the dm did it. works for me :p oh the coin acceptor is always fucked for us. its not like you can tell the customers notes only thanks.. You should have told her.. if the people on SS had training.. we wouldn't all be standing here like a pack of ducks. Cos no one from my store has had any training.. so if it breaks.. break it some more and then call I.T :D and then wait for them to come out and fix it,
I always try whatever I can to fix a self serve before calling IT help desk and then if you break it even more (unlikely) then you call them.

ekul444

HSC
N/A
babikakez have you had a response from Spotless, cause I emailed them too a couple of days ago, but I have had no response - did you end up calling them??

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
i wish you could get Host + CoreComms access @ home.

edit: which reminds me, for some reason, 1 thing i've always wanted to do is go into another store in normal clothes, and ask to use their computer to access Host/CoreComms, idk why, think it would just be funny

bensneddon

HSC
i wish you could get Host + CoreComms access @ home.

edit: which reminds me, for some reason, 1 thing i've always wanted to do is go into another store in normal clothes, and ask to use their computer to access Host/CoreComms, idk why, think it would just be funny
If you are in plain clothes + a normal MJM supermarkets badge, you can :)

Regional/Area staff can access most applications from home via Citrix. Not sure if they can get HOST, but they can definitley access WoWNet (which encompasses StoreNet), Outlook (for corporate email), and i'm pretty sure they can get CoreComms

Last edited:

yoddle

is cool
HSC
That's the funniest thing I've ever heard!

HSC
babikakez have you had a response from Spotless, cause I emailed them too a couple of days ago, but I have had no response - did you end up calling them??
no response from them directly. but they did ring my ssm, and he told me that there has been delays to my whole store, but they have now been shipped and i should have it within a week.

lordtopcat

Woolworths Bitch
HSC
A few weeks ago I was an hour away from my store and it was just a junior in Produce....He calls me up and says that one of the boxes of Nectarines we received was full of mould and what should he do? I told him to ask the SM to do a Credit for him but the SM wasn't there and the DM was serving on checkouts....Luckily at this point I was just driving past a Countdown store (Woolworths) and just ran in there, saw a computer on the help desk area and just jumped on it and logged on to Citrix to do the credit my self lol.

Did get asked by the Supervisor who I was and just explained it to her. Was pretty funny. You should do it Townie 0_o

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
ben, MJM???

Also, guys, i need YOUR help

Office Cashier is going to do relief at another store for 2 weeks, but she has NFI about the Self-Serve CASH OFFICE routine. Can anybody give me a run down to give to her?

Black Heart

HSC
Why can't we exit the store through self serve?

Worker: I'm sorry ma'am, but you can't go through here. You need to go through express.

Me: Oh, ok. >.< (A lot of people were looking at me)

Also, I clearly had no items on me if that helps.

ekul444

HSC
N/A
Why can't we exit the store through self serve?

Worker: I'm sorry ma'am, but you can't go through here. You need to go through express.

Me: Oh, ok. >.< (A lot of people were looking at me)

Also, I clearly had no items on me if that helps.
ummm somone correct me if I'm wrong, but Im pretty sure self serve is the only place you are supposed leave the store through, well at least for staff it is, cause that is the only place where there is always staff to check bags.
Also does anyone know if there are any changes for WoWPoS SCO with the upcoming Store Release 9.3?

Last edited:
HSC
lol, just got an email from spotless. basically says:

talk to your ssm - its his fault, we've shipped them and he can't find them. so too bad.

completely different to his story...

bensneddon

HSC
ummm somone correct me if I'm wrong, but Im pretty sure self serve is the only place you are supposed leave the store through, well at least for staff it is, cause that is the only place where there is always staff to check bags.
Also does anyone know if there are any changes for WoWPoS SCO with the upcoming Store Release 9.3?
Policy says staff must exit through a point designated by the store manager (during trading hours) and through the staff entry/exit door (outside trading hours)

Re WoWPOS SCO changes in 9.3:
  • "ATM Add Loan" and "ATM Pickup" items have been removed from the ATM menu in the WoWPOS SCO software
  • "Cash Management" Report has been moved to the Assistance Mode menu
There are some Cash Management changes for SCO's in the Office Cashier menu of StoreLine. The Office Cashier will now be able to specify whether a pickup is required for the SCO acceptor or dispenser. This will affect Pickup and Additional Funds screens.

A new folder has been created under the Office Cashier / Reports menu called SCO Reports, which will contain the current SCO Sales Summary Report and a new report called SCO POS Cash Management Report.

The new report will display live data about the quatities of note and coin denominations in a SCO acceptor and dispenser. This report will be included in the Office Cashier's routine in the future.

Also the bug which currently prevents filtering by date in the Weight Mismatch report of SCOBO (under Service Manager menu of StoreLine) will be fixed.

Townie/others - did I miss anything?

ekul444

HSC
N/A
Re WoWPOS SCO changes in 9.3:
  • "ATM Add Loan" and "ATM Pickup" items have been removed from the ATM menu in the WoWPOS SCO software
  • "Cash Management" Report has been moved to the Assistance Mode menu
There are some Cash Management changes for SCO's in the Office Cashier menu of StoreLine. The Office Cashier will now be able to specify whether a pickup is required for the SCO acceptor or dispenser. This will affect Pickup and Additional Funds screens.

A new folder has been created under the Office Cashier / Reports menu called SCO Reports, which will contain the current SCO Sales Summary Report and a new report called SCO POS Cash Management Report.

The new report will display live data about the quatities of note and coin denominations in a SCO acceptor and dispenser. This report will be included in the Office Cashier's routine in the future.

Also the bug which currently prevents filtering by date in the Weight Mismatch report of SCOBO (under Service Manager menu of StoreLine) will be fixed.

Townie/others - did I miss anything?
So its all basically back office changes? is there any changes to customer interface (like the things weve discussed here about signatures etc.)

Craven

HSC
You aren't supposed to leave through self-serve because it's pretty much if there is 5 customers in there the attendant doesn't have time or the eyes to check people's bags, so we just make it a rule that no one is to enter or exit that area unless they are using the self-serve machines. There should ALWAYS be at least one full service lane and one express lane open during all trading hours so they can check bags.

Changes to SCOs in 9.3 -> attendants no longer have to add loan or pickup into the machines and the cash management report will move into the Attendance Mode menu (removing ATM Cash Office menu). I assume this is a step towards integration with Storeline Office i.e. when I add additional funds in Office to the SCO register, it wll automatically update the values on the cash management report. And in Office, when an SSA performs a pickup on a SCO register they can choose between acceptor or dispenser.

townie, the store should definitely have all the routines printed out (it's on storenet) in a folder kept in the cash office (there should be 2 self-serve checkout folders, one in cash office the other down at the service desk). So do your morning routine as normal up to issuing floats. There will be 2 bags for each SCO: acceptor and dispenser. The acceptor bag is the funds that were inserted into the machine by customers from yesterday and these stay in the cash office (to be picked up later). Take your dispenser bags. There should be a cash management report for each SCO. It will have the number of notes & coins in the dispenser and acceptor bags (dispenser coins stay in the machine overnight unless there is a spotcheck to be performed). Some people do this differently, but basically you need to issue funds UP to the authorised dispenser float for your store's SCOs. So for example, SCO 81 the management report says there are 26 x $50 notes. The authorised float is 40 x $50 notes for our store so I take 14 notes from the safe, strip list this, and add to the dispenser bag. Some SSAs count what was in the dispenser bag but I generally think that's not necessary because a) the cash management report is correct 99% of the time (unless the attendant has entered it wrong) and b) it's really only important that you keep track of what is removed from the safe. So do this for each denomination ($50, $20, $5) and for each SCO, keeping strip list of all funds removed from the safe. Call the attendant/service supervisor to collect the floats/SCO dispenser bags/service accountable items/laynards/SCO key.

Issue the notes in Storeline -> Additional Funds using your strip list. There should be folder labelled SCO Cash Management in the office. It will have a sheet for each SCO that records the number/value of all funds issued each day for the week. Record what you issued today onto this paper. Keep the cash management reports aside to use later for the acceptor bag pickup. For me, I end up respotchecking the safe AFTER the floats have already left the cash office, purely because they won't have enough time to get everything in if I don't let them take it as soon as I'm done topping up the dispenser notes (because I only start 1 hour before trade) but you should do this before the bags leave (but the only way you'd work out which float had excess cash is if you had counted all the notes in the dispenser bag before adding any, which I don't do, since I don't have the time). Once that's all done and everything is OK the store will have started trade, I usually do the morning change run now (but depends on when your store normally does this). If the attendants requested change for their SCOs do this as well (there is a sheet they can use to fill out for each SCO the number of rolls for each denomination). Use this to issue the coins. We break open the rolls and fill into plastic containers that are labelled for each SCO but other stores use plastic bags (which they put into calico bags and transport in bullion bag). On the change order sheet write down the quantity of coins issued (as the attendant at the moment needs to use this to enter into the SCO machine). After the change run I then perform a pickup on the acceptor bags from yesterday. Open it up, sort the notes and put the coins into the coin counter. I let the machine count all the coins for all the SCOs and then bag them up at the end. Check off your counts on the cash management report - they should be the same. I strip list this but you can just use your cash management report to enter your pickup into Office. Bag coins, bundle notes, and place into safe - write pickup as a safe adjust in the banking rec and we store the SCO pickup report in the SCO cash management folder. That's pretty much it for the SCO morning routine. It differs though when a spotcheck needs to be performed. The attendant will remove all the coins at night time and they will be in the safe. Use the coin counter to check off on cash management report, count all the notes, and enter a spotcheck in the workstation. Record the result in the SCO cash management folder - there is a Spotcheck Schedule form for all the SCOs, 1 spot check every 2 weeks. The form gets sent to the SSS every Monday. The spotcheck needs to be performed before trade, obviously. That's it, from cash office's end. But the routines should be printed out and in the cash office, if not they are on storenet.

If your friend is working on the weekend they might need to know the end of week process as well - basically you need to do a 'virtual' spotcheck on the SCOs after trade on Sunday so that there is a figure in the system overnight. So you go to Spotcheck Register, go to over/short, edit, enter the amount shown in the 'expected' column PLUS or MINUS any over or short value if a spotcheck was performed on the SCO that week. They also like you to print an approaching cash limit report (or at least, write down the value of the spotcheck so that they have a record when they poslock and issue floats on Monday).

Last edited:

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
thanks Craven, SCO's are the one thing i have NFI on, and even though i've read the StoreNet notes before, it just doesnt usually make a lot of sense, i'm guessing it's one of those things you actually have to see/do to really get a feel for it.

Craven

HSC
Yeah we only got them just over a month ago and the first 2 weeks were a bit fucked because honestly, we all got training in how to use the actual machine but NOTHING on the routines or anything related to the office side of things (our SSS is a fuckhead and has still failed to assist in phoenix implementation). But now that we've worked out what to do it's really simple. Just annoying that it adds time to your day yet phoenix is taking time away... I just did 2 months of filing tonight, lol.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah we only got them just over a month ago and the first 2 weeks were a bit fucked because honestly, we all got training in how to use the actual machine but NOTHING on the routines or anything related to the office side of things (our SSS is a fuckhead and has still failed to assist in phoenix implementation). But now that we've worked out what to do it's really simple. Just annoying that it adds time to your day yet phoenix is taking time away... I just did 2 months of filing tonight, lol.
lol, that reminds me one day we decided to clean out our Records of Retention Room, fucking hilarious, there were old "Operator Pride Charts" printed out on the long continuious stream of paper, and all the old payroll records (which have to be kept for 7 years) and old sales reports and shit, was so funny

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)