The Woolworths Thread (2 Viewers)

bensneddon

HSC
you fail the mystery shopper part about ques if there is more than 1 customer waiting, unless an express alert/more people are called to registers, the whole criteria is up on Storenet now.
Hey townie, what is the mystery shopper criteria under on StoreNet?

mitch179

HSC
Hi.

Long time lurker, first time poster. I used this thread as research before deciding to work at Woolies :haha:. I don't suppose anyone works at the MacArthur store in Brisbane?

Regards,
Michael.
Doubtful...
There aren't many of us Queenslanders on BOS.

HSC
LOL at me and my SSM tonight. taking tills upstairs after spotting them.

ssm: sure you got all of them? i'll strangle you otherwise.
me: yep. dont you think i can learn.
ssm: k. but i won't be coming to your funeral.

*get upstairs, signing tills in*

me: fuck, 10, fuck.
ssm: should i get my noose
ssm (calling to smokeshop operator over pa, as she was the only operator who hadn't left yet): noni, go get 10, jess is a fuckwit.

*i run downstairs, a whole bunch of nightfillers are staring at me. get the till, realised its been spotted, but is 50 under. forget about it, head back upstairs.*

ssm: oi, i cant get the safe open.
me: so, i can;t open it either.
ssm: shit. so you're pretty much incompetent at everything.
me: well in two weeks i'll go back to being incompetent on tuesdays, not thursdays.
ssm: damn right. my little boy hasnt seen me in ages hey. he'll be like, who are you. and i'll be like, that bitch jess hey, go talk to her.

sadly, he's growing on me. only coz i've realised there's no prospect for change.

so not quite lol worthy when i put it into words, but the mood was lighthearted nonetheless.

T 360

One of the Fresh Food Peo
HSC
Got a Sort of Promotion(for want of a better word). Our Self-serve attendant who works Thursday Nights and Saturday Afternoons is transferring. My CSM asked if I would like to take over. It would mean working Thursday Nights & All Day Saturdays(Afternoon in Selfserve) and Morning doing odd jobs).

Craven

HSC
upgrade is underway. im glad i only had to count 5 scos, i feel sorry for stores with 20 of them... love how they give us a 30 min charge off to count them.. took about 2 hours.

ay0_x

HSC
Does anybody have like, a set roster? My work is going to make me sign a set roster contract thing

HSC
Does anybody have like, a set roster? My work is going to make me sign a set roster contract thing
You mean like a PPT contract? Meh, I'd like one, but they're not everyone's cup of tea. I'm sure you know all the ins and outs.

The best thing, I reckon, about being PPT is that any time you ask for leave, its more formalised. Like in a few weeks, we're going to have a night where the 4 supervisors who are all available on that night are asking for time off. Two on schoolies, one on a teaching prac, and I'm going interstate. Of us, I'm the only casual, but I was second to ask for the time off. But I know that I'm gonna be the one that gets that shift and has to beg to have it off.

Yeah not looking forward to when that roster comes out.

lordtopcat

Woolworths Bitch
HSC
Hmm, it works the other way around in our store, Casual's are the first to get time off before Contacted staff.

NNS7

HSC
N/A
In my dept, we have a first in, best dressed, unofficial policy, that way it stays fair between PPT and casuals. sometimes we make exceptions and we always try our best to accommodate everyone, but esp around Christmas/holidays, if you want it, you get in first! lol

yoddle

is cool
HSC
Woot woot! Party in my pants!
Just went into my old store where I'm heading back to in the 5th of Jan, and they're putting me on a temporary FULL TIME contract for four months before i go away!!! YAY!!! I'm gunna get so RICH and have so much money for the U.K.!!!!

AND there is only one other full time supervisor apart from the CSM, and she's quite unmotivated, so I'm pretty much going to be 2IC!! I only turned 18 like a month ago, so that's pretty cool.

AND i finish at my current store on boxing day, but don't start at the other one til the 5th, so a big holiday in between! yaeys!

yoddle

is cool
HSC
Wow looks like Sorell Woolies has jazzed up since I was there last. I remember it being an, old cramped shop.

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
Yeah, my contract has me at
Monday: 5 am - 10 am
Saturday: 9 am - 6 pm
Sunday: 9 am - 6 pm

That said, I've been working 38 hours a week for the last month or so, plus a good 20+ hours of my own time. Getting it into their heads that I'm serious about my job.

Craven

HSC
I noticed the SCOs @ Big W have a little attendant station at the exit where the attendant can stand and see what's going on all the other SCOs at once... nifty! I guess they don't bother putting that in at Woolies cuz they think Big W is more high risk items... bleh!

pokerchoker

HSC
Yeah, my contract has me at
Monday: 5 am - 10 am
Saturday: 9 am - 6 pm
Sunday: 9 am - 6 pm

That said, I've been working 38 hours a week for the last month or so, plus a good 20+ hours of my own time. Getting it into their heads that I'm serious about my job.
20 hours for free I'm not sure that makes you serious about your job or just lonely!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)