The Woolworths Thread (2 Viewers)

HSC
gahh how did she get it! My order status is still 'Warehouse' - at least it's moved on from 'Back Order' AND I still havnt got my refund from Spotless. I got my SSM to get onto HR about it, but he hasn't got back to me either. This is seriously pissing me off - I ordered a new shirt in august so that there would be plenty of time for it to arrive before I start back at work after exams, and before start of christmas hours and I still havnt got anything. So annoying!
I don't know! It was a random at a train station.

jgibson0011

HSC
N/A
On Self-serve,you can do refunds but you are Not Allowed to. This was Emphasized in The Training DVD before WoWPos SCO Launched.
Thanks for the heads up. It probably was emphasised on the training DVD - the one I haven't seen. I am a casual operator and only replace SCO shifts...so basically most of what I know I've taught myself. When I go PPT and pick up regular shifts in the next few weeks, I will ask for formal training then.

Today was busy...I've noticed that the menus on WOWPOS are more sluggish and I had a major EFT problem with one customer...it kept asking me to 'remove the card' when there was nothing in the machine...waited 5 mins then manually restarted the register. The downside was we had to scan all her stuff again...
the upside was I couldn't serve because it said I was already logged on :D

EDIT: Oh and all the 60c bread rolls are now the same item in the menu!

yoddle

is cool
HSC
I'm so late with the convo, but I heart Christmas. And you don't have any crabby customers because they go shopping expecting every one else on Earth to be there (except for those who shop at Coles).

Xmas eve will be my last shift at current store, and will be interesting as I'm used to 7 registers.

Hey with ATMA on register, can you just put in your sup numbers and then let the operator do this rest if they know how? That would be spasmastic.

Don't have to work til 6AM next sunday. woot. I heart opens.

brookie94

HSC
I think you'll get the old one, just coz thats the stock that HR will have.

BUT, forgot to mention this yesterday, but I saw someone wearing the new uniform (as I was getting off the train to uni though). It looks good, very pale, but the fabric looks better than the current one.
She had it tucked in though :( I hope that isn't going to be a requirement for the girls shirts.
i was told i probably wouldnt get one of the current shirts because they are getting new ones soon and i would have to wear a white button-up blouse until i got a new one but i MAY score the current one until the new ones come out.

was the spot shirt nice? it sounds kinda unusual and you cant see in the pictures.

BSammy

HSC
As far as I know the rolls thing is all stores.

It was part of Release 9.3

theonemanshow

HSC
A question for everyone, can a line manager give a negative appraisal if I request a transfer between departments durign my probation period (he is short of staff at the moment and gives me nearly full time hours, but I'd really rather go to another department). Thanks.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
A question for everyone, can a line manager give a negative appraisal if I request a transfer between departments durign my probation period (he is short of staff at the moment and gives me nearly full time hours, but I'd really rather go to another department). Thanks.
i would say they could give you a negative appraisal, i wouldnt ever allow a staff member to change departments whilst still on probation.

whatashotbyseve

It all counts
HSC
Christmas:

Leading up to Christmas absolutely sucks cock. (Our very first batch of Xmas Nuts arrived last week, joy) Grocery (we have deliveries every 3 days for grocery) which means each of those deliveries has 20+ pallets, meaning you can't even fart in the back yard, and if it starts to rain, well we don't have enough tarps to go round so they stick pallets in my produce room, in butchery, everywhere to keep them dry. And at night when they lock up they stick pallets in my room which means in the morning the truckie can't lift my produce into the cool room so it sits outside and then I have to spend 15 minutes taking all the grocery shit out of the cool room and then another 15 moving my produce in.

HOWEVER, while the lead up to Xmas sucks, i am looking forward to Christmas Club night (we like have heaps of produce cut up for tastes, watermelon, strawberries etc) and it is just super fun and Xmas eve. Busiest fucking day of the year (we do double our normal sales) but omg the most fun filled day ever. No body knows what they are doing, everyone runs around like headless chickens, and it's this which makes the day so much more enjoyable. Then at the end of the day all the managers and 2IC's head to the Pub to get hammered.

For those of you who haven't experienced Christmas week, you are in for a fun ride :p Don't let the 10 + Deep lines at every check out annoy the crap out of you, just go with the flow (I remember Last year, our Store Manager was actually packing bags for me! I was like OMG) Just enjoy it and make the most of the experience.
You only get groceries every 3 days? I wish my store had that luxury... a quiet night for us atm is 40 pallets every day, and we will be at around 70 pallets/day the week before Christmas. You do get quite the adrenaline rush at Christmas, especially Christmas Eve.

lacho95

HSC
@brookie 94
as a 14yr old like me you'll be getting $9.06 (as a casual).
P.s. GOOD LUCK!! The novelty will wear off quick but try to enjoy it before it does.
Oh, and our store anyone can sell smokes you dont need numbers to

T 360

One of the Fresh Food Peo
HSC
Today was a Shit Day. The Big W in our centre was having its Toy Sale, and everyone who went there,eventually ended up at our store. Also,Our S/S Operator called in sick today,meaning our Morning SCO attendant had to move into S/S,I had to move into SCO and someone else had to be called in to cover my checkout. Also,When the S/S Operator went to lunch,I had to jump in there for an hour. I had no idea where anything was(I`ve never worked in there before). I also didn`t realise that I was allowed to work in there,as I`m only 15,but according to my CSM, The WA Tobacco act states that anyone can sell smokes.

Craven

HSC
Has anyone else experienced pinpads freezing since 9.3 upgrade? Customers aren't able to select their accounts on the pinpad... sometimes pulling out/putting the cord back in and eft logon fixes it, sometimes it doesn't... and have to restart the POS. Pain in the ass, had to save transactions on one register because we couldn't afford to have it closed (way too busy). Turns out at the end of the day when checking unrecalled saved transactions there was on for about $60... I'm guessing the customer has done a runner (because it was so busy supervisors were serving in express and the operator was just sending customers up to smokeshop with the saved docket)... :S

lacho95

HSC
Has anyone else experienced pinpads freezing since 9.3 upgrade?
No, but for some reason on some of the EFT pinpads the screen freezes and displays a dismatled Woolworths logo and nothing else. Still works, but its really weird :S

T 360

One of the Fresh Food Peo
HSC
Has anyone else experienced pinpads freezing since 9.3 upgrade? Customers aren't able to select their accounts on the pinpad... sometimes pulling out/putting the cord back in and eft logon fixes it, sometimes it doesn't... and have to restart the POS. Pain in the ass, had to save transactions on one register because we couldn't afford to have it closed (way too busy). Turns out at the end of the day when checking unrecalled saved transactions there was on for about $60... I'm guessing the customer has done a runner (because it was so busy supervisors were serving in express and the operator was just sending customers up to smokeshop with the saved docket)... :S
Yes,we had that happen Thursday Night. Bloody Annoying!

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
you know you can reset the pinpad without unplugging/restarting the PoS. just hold down Savings, Cheque and Cancel.

HSC
you know you can reset the pinpad without unplugging/restarting the PoS. just hold down Savings, Cheque and Cancel.
wish you could have told me that a few days ago :( might have saved me from rebooting the last register being used before close, and having to wait ages before i could spot it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)