The Woolworths Thread (2 Viewers)

lacho95

HSC
One of my friends who started exactly the same time as me (same group interview induction etc) kept no-showing, calling up denying shifts etcc...
2 weeks ago they gave him 0 hours and last week they took him off the roster.
He came up to me @ school wanting me to ask my CSM if he was fired.
My CSM told me to say that i dont know anything and that just to ignore him.
Lol; anyway, the xsame thing happened to my sister that when they havent given 3 notices but they want to fire you they just stop giving you hours??

Thanks for reading my llonng rant. Lacho.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Okay, I'm proposing a scenario - help.

A particular operator (not a very good one) has been regularly noshowing for shifts. Last week he was 20 minutes late, so I made him speak to our SSM. On Saturday he was again late, and dressed appallingly. He was then given a formal counselling session by our STM.
Today, he doesn't turn up. Doesn't answer his phone, etc. I was instructed to cancel his shift, and find someone else to do it. Which I did.
Here's the issue - If we can't get hold of him, are we then obliged to keep the shift free. So if he turns up on Sat morning, can he be sent home? Its not my fault he doesn't turn his phone on.
Opinions?
I would consider the shift to be abandoned if they cant be contacted 1 hr after the shift has started i think. and yeah, like ben said, 3 shifts in a row missed is grounds for dismissal.

Craven

HSC
Far out!!

We have 10 registers total, lmao. That includes express in those 10 also!
We do have 5 self serve though.
we used to have 16 full lane, 4 express, 2 smokeshop. Now we have 12 full, 3 express, 2 smokeshop and 5 self-serve. Works out to be the same (22 tills) but now we need all lanes manned on Thurs nights, Saturdays & Sundays 9-4... and it's not even Christmas yet... :S Last Saturday a customer exclaims: "open more registers now!" .... yet all of them were open... and the other day a fat lady was shouting at the duty manager "WHY SHOULD I HAVE TO WAIT, GET SOMEONE DOWN HERE RIGHT NOW TO SERVE ME!!!" lol the next 5 customers I served in express said "so did you get someone to serve the fat lady?" but the lady only had a couple of things and heaps of toilet paper in a trolley... so pretty sure the duty manager told her to come down to express but she wouldn't have a bar of that.. lol what a loser.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Also, store release 9.3, cant believe that woolies actually managed to pull off an upgrade with NO PROBLEMS WHATSOEVER, except for the fact that the GCM Spindle's didnt arrive because they were breaking in transi *rolls eyes* not sure the AMTA thing is that great, seems faster to just do it on the computer.

brookie94

HSC
can someone please answer my question about woolworths 2nd interview? please im desperate its tomorrow.
what do i need to take?
what will it involve? she already took my birth certificate and ID and has my resume.
what would it involve? im confused because we did a fair bit in the 1st one which was a 1 on 1, we did the test about matching the batch numbers and stuff and senarios and questions and she siad i did really well and would do well in the job.
my chances?

HSC
That interview that you had was probably with a HR officer, your second interview will be with a potential line manager.
They'll ask you more personal stuff, availability, etc. A bit more of a get to know you sesh.

Good luck!

brookie94

HSC
That interview that you had was probably with a HR officer, your second interview will be with a potential line manager.
They'll ask you more personal stuff, availability, etc. A bit more of a get to know you sesh.

Good luck!
the first one was with a girl ive seen around the store before so i think she might be a hiring person but the way she made it sound was that it was going to be with her again.
what do you think my chances are? she said there are 5 positions available a i think there are a few more than that applying and that we were all really good so :S
i went through availability and a bit of personal stuff with her too so i didnt think there was much else so do lol

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
in my experience, 2nd interviews almost always lead to a job, unless you really, really stuff it up. I mean most of our staff (in our store at least) get hired off of what is essentially a 2nd interview (same format, but it's actually their first interview, usually walk-ins)

BSammy

HSC
not sure the AMTA thing is that great, seems faster to just do it on the computer.

tried this the day after the upgrade, mainly because our SSM was buying a phone, so if it took ages he wouldn't get as annoyed as a normal customer.

the wait for it to load wasn't too bad, and for all the stupid supervisors and smokeshop workers who can't remember their everyday id check login it would help greatly.

only trouble is the on screen keyboard is a little annoying, and not very responsive when typing double letters. have to give a second between the same character.

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
The new release has been hell for us.
Registers are SLOWWWWWWWWWW. Our main register which must be open in "after hours" was killed today. Took 30 seconds to display "Cash or EFT" screen. EFTOS wasn't working, and EFT Log on wasn't fixing it.
Extremely laggy. It was mainly that register though, another one was doing it too though.

Oh well. I like how it displays the change on the customer screen for longer then 1/30th of a second now lol.
And there is a printer menu aswell..

Cheers,

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Oh, also, very grave event happened today, at 2pm, very tragically, the first "proper" christmas carol was played, Away in a Manger, the next hour saw another 4 carols.

Truly this is the saddest part of the year, i both love and loathe christmas at woolies in equal measure, all the lead-up is shit, though i do admit, there is a bit of a buzz working on x-mas eve.

HSC
I hate the lead up weeks. But Xmas Eve, you're pretty much running on adrenaline.

Last year was awesome - my register died at 1pm from overheating. So I did stock/smokeshop for the rest of the afternoon.

I have tickets tomorrow afternoon, so I will report back with Xmas carol hearings hehe.

brookie94

HSC
anyone else got anymore advice on the interview?
please, as you can tell i'm nervous and i really wanna get this job :)
thanks

HSC
anyone else got anymore advice on the interview?
please, as you can tell i'm nervous and i really wanna get this job :)
thanks
Hrm, as you said before, you already had a one-on-one interview that went into personal details, availabilities. I agree with townie in saying that if you have the 2nd interview, you've pretty much gotten then job. So just be calm and friendly...they might ask you about why you want to work at woolworths, what particular qualities you have that make you suitable for the job..? But I'm not sure if you've already gone through these. Good luck !

brookie94

HSC
Hrm, as you said before, you already had a one-on-one interview that went into personal details, availabilities. I agree with townie in saying that if you have the 2nd interview, you've pretty much gotten then job. So just be calm and friendly...they might ask you about why you want to work at woolworths, what particular qualities you have that make you suitable for the job..? But I'm not sure if you've already gone through these. Good luck !
yeh we went through most of that lol thats kinda the problem, i cant think of anything else they might ask haha

HSC
yeh we went through most of that lol thats kinda the problem, i cant think of anything else they might ask haha
In that case...it might not really be an 'interview'? I'm not sure...your first interview seems to have the contents of both the group and individual interview all in one. It might be a more casual thing where they tell you where your training will be or when your first shifts are?
Sorry I can't be of more help >.<

brookie94

HSC
In that case...it might not really be an 'interview'? I'm not sure...your first interview seems to have the contents of both the group and individual interview all in one. It might be a more casual thing where they tell you where your training will be or when your first shifts are?
Sorry I can't be of more help >.<
thats ok youve helped a bit lol. yeh hopefully it is casual like shifts but i dont think so coz she still seemed unsure of who was getting hired but she seemed to really like me, we got on really well lol

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
I hate the lead up weeks. But Xmas Eve, you're pretty much running on adrenaline.

Last year was awesome - my register died at 1pm from overheating. So I did stock/smokeshop for the rest of the afternoon.

I have tickets tomorrow afternoon, so I will report back with Xmas carol hearings hehe.
Oh that would have been better then processing 6,000 total trollies in your shift :p
One of our registers chuck a skits today, in my previous post.. EFT died, etc.

Do I speak to our CSM about getting smokeshop privileges? Or do they give you a complete different login that does both, or do you get 2 separate logins?

Also trying to push my supervisors on duty to give me some self serve instead of checkouts, wanting to learn. I did some relief work whilst the guy went on his break the other night, that was fun, that was without training too :)

I love the POS on it too hehe (altho i am easily amused/entertained)

Cheers

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)