• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The Woolworths Thread (8 Viewers)

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Quick question. Townie or someone might know this.

How close do you need to be to a person to get Bereavement leave?
Full-time and part-time employees are entitled to paid compassionate leave as follows:
(a) A maximum of 4 days of paid compassionate leave on each occasion the employee is absent from work due to the death of an employee’s spouse, parent or child.
(b) A maximum of 3 days of paid compassionate leave on each occasion the employee is absent from work due to the death of an employee’s parent-in-law, brother or sister-in-law, grandparent, grandparent-in-law, grandchild, brother or sister, son-in-law, daughter-in-law, defacto parent-in-law, cousin, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, or Godparent.
(c) A maximum of 2 days paid compassionate leave on each occasion the employee is absent from work due to the death of a member of the employee’s household.
(d) A maximum of 2 days of paid compassionate leave for the purpose of spending time with an employee’s spouse, child, parent, brother or sister, grandparent, grandchild, or a child, parent, brother or sister, grandparent, grandchild of a spouse of the employee, or a member of the employee’s household, who has a personal illness or sustains a personal injury that poses a serious threat to his or her life.
(e) A maximum of 1 day of paid compassionate leave to attend the funeral on the death of a significant other.

Extra 2 days if the death is outside australia

it doesnt define what a "significant other" is, but i'd say if it was a close friend, you would be able to take the day of the funeral off

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
Full-time and part-time employees are entitled to paid compassionate leave as follows:
(a) A maximum of 4 days of paid compassionate leave on each occasion the employee is absent from work due to the death of an employee’s spouse, parent or child.
(b) A maximum of 3 days of paid compassionate leave on each occasion the employee is absent from work due to the death of an employee’s parent-in-law, brother or sister-in-law, grandparent, grandparent-in-law, grandchild, brother or sister, son-in-law, daughter-in-law, defacto parent-in-law, cousin, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, or Godparent.
(c) A maximum of 2 days paid compassionate leave on each occasion the employee is absent from work due to the death of a member of the employee’s household.
(d) A maximum of 2 days of paid compassionate leave for the purpose of spending time with an employee’s spouse, child, parent, brother or sister, grandparent, grandchild, or a child, parent, brother or sister, grandparent, grandchild of a spouse of the employee, or a member of the employee’s household, who has a personal illness or sustains a personal injury that poses a serious threat to his or her life.
(e) A maximum of 1 day of paid compassionate leave to attend the funeral on the death of a significant other.

Extra 2 days if the death is outside australia

it doesnt define what a "significant other" is, but i'd say if it was a close friend, you would be able to take the day of the funeral off
Townie you might know the answer to my issue re: safeway 16 year old rule for cigaretts, unless NSW requires you to be 18 thus you probably wouldn't know. (you are in NSW right?)

twelvemonths

HSC
townie... is there any way to get storenet at home? i really want to look at the sco manuals.

HSC
Townie you might know the answer to my issue re: safeway 16 year old rule for cigaretts, unless NSW requires you to be 18 thus you probably wouldn't know. (you are in NSW right?)
I believe its up to the individual stores if there is no state legislation. We used to be min 16, then anyone (I was the first 15 year old, go me!), then to 18 for a few weeks with a new SSM, now back to anyone.

Unrelated though, ITS MY BIRTHDAY TOMORROW! Total party in our cash office tomorrow night :cook:

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
afaik StoreNet is unavailable at home, except for some policies and procedures that are relevant for external contractors, suppliers etc. but they are just re-produced elsewhere, not direct from storenet.

i wish it was too sometimes, or at least if you could save documents, or e-mail them or something.

lacho95

HSC
I believe its up to the individual stores if there is no state legislation. We used to be min 16, then anyone (I was the first 15 year old, go me!), then to 18 for a few weeks with a new SSM, now back to anyone.

Unrelated though, ITS MY BIRTHDAY TOMORROW! Total party in our cash office tomorrow night :cook:
yeah i tihnk thats it coz i know a few 15 yr olds working on SS. Oh and babeyyy cakes, happy 18th dont get too pissed

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
it's not just supermarkets either, also thomas dux, petro and liquor. it also has links to other things like mag returns, gift card management, PWRM, etc.

lacho95

HSC
it's not just supermarkets either, also thomas dux, petro and liquor. it also has links to other things like mag returns, gift card management, PWRM, etc.
is there anything else they can do with it?? so basically its kinda like citrix??

BSammy

HSC
Thanks, that's what I needed. My Uncle died yesterday, I really don't feel up to working.
I got the 6am cash office start in 4 hours, until midday, and am supposed to then have 4 hours on front end. I'm going to ask for those 4 hours off, and Sunday off also.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Thanks, that's what I needed. My Uncle died yesterday, I really don't feel up to working.
I got the 6am cash office start in 4 hours, until midday, and am supposed to then have 4 hours on front end. I'm going to ask for those 4 hours off, and Sunday off also.
ah dang that sucks, yeah, you should take some time off then.

it's funny about the office shift though, that you'll still be doing it, i've noticed that about office shifts, no matter whats going on 99% of the time people will show up for a shift in the office. i know i've done my fair share when i've still been drunk from the night before etc. in fact i have only missed one, when i so ridiculously sick when i got out of bed i fainted, even then i was giving directions over the phone on what to do.

groovygirl

HSC
I swear our store has been forgotten, we still havent gotten GCM stuff except the iTunes cards, called the supermarket helpdesk, and they are like "yeah, yeah, we'll get back to you" and still havent, we also never got our new Toll Bags. Hate how mailbags are only picked up twice a week now as well.

Are all stores phones connected to the PA? i've only ever been able to page other phones, but have never tried this #9 thing before.

as for register shorts

+/- $20 need an investigation form
+/- $50 needs to be reported to the SSS
Regular +/- $20's from the same operator need to be reported to Loss Prevention.

Also, friggin HATE uni exams, have no operators for next week. Craven, ekul, whatashotbyseve, ANYBODY come to my store

where is your store? if you mean for next week ? im not rostered on from monday to wednesday at my store in mt druitt if your are still looking for someone i can replace someones shift. im available. only if your still wanting CSO from other stores

groovygirl

HSC
my CSM cancelled my 10 hour S/S shift on sunday, why me? what have i done wrong? My CSM didnt give me any reason to why she cancelled my 10 hour shift

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)