• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The Woolworths Thread (8 Viewers)

HSC
Don't stress, seriously, even the most experienced of operators will make stupid mistakes.

Re resumes: at times we will advertise particular roles in store, and ask for resume's. During these times they go upstairs to the HR office etc. Other times, they go to the service desk, followed by the bin after close.

Sad but true.

gypo101

HSC
we dont take resumes by the hand anymore.. sure they will put it on the bench for a sec, and then it will go straight into the bin.

You can only apply online.. No offence but waiting two weeks...LOL um yeah some of us.. it took like a year to get a job.. myself tho, it was 3 months. Thats cos i already had 4 years exp in cash handling and customer service since i was 12 years old.

So again... Need to apply online!!!

I applied online but the manager said she hadnt received anything after two weeks, so she asked me to hand in my resume and i did...

Harry778

HSC
Has every one seen my photos from Bali? So totally wish I was back there.
On my tea break in the lunch room (on iPhone)

Wish it was 8 o'clock!!

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
Very unlikely I'd say. It would affect the bakery production planner. If all the varieties of rolls came under one reference number, how would they know how many of each variety to produce each day in order to meet store demand?
As far as I'm aware, and I don't know how commonplace this is, but virtually all the stores in my area don't use the production planner to determine the bread levels for loose roll unit. The bakery managers tend to edit the fuck out of it, MOST of all for loose rolls.

All rolls are under the same button now and all pastries etc. My bakery manager said they don't actually look at whick types were sold when deciding how many to make each day. I assume the just count how many are left at the end of each day.
We don't even count how many are left at the end of the day, lol. A lot of the time, we make enough to fill it completely in the morning... and if a particular variety runs out during the day we refill it using the jumbo varieties off the shelf.

Last edited:

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
Anyone had there woolies christmas party yet?
ours is on saturday on a harbour cruise...was gonna go but i'm broke :( and i'll just go out with the better work people and get drunk on land instead :)
Can't wait for ours! :) It's on the 4th of December should be good :) It's at the local sports club (recently done up and nice), the meal options sound lovely, and a fairly good bartab apparently (social club covered the costs of room hire, meals and a small bartab, so we each gave $20 to put on top of the tab heh).
Should be maddd fun.

I've been told to put anything but trolleys through. If there's a person with a trolley with only two cartons of soft drink, I'm not supposed to put them through, but I'm allowed to put through two full baskets. I find that kinda ridiculous, but apparently that's the way it works... =/
At my store the customers are that difficult that I don't even bother arguing with them when they try to get a trolley through my express lane, sigh.

kahlanei

HSC
At my store the customers are that difficult that I don't even bother arguing with them when they try to get a trolley through my express lane, sigh.

I used to not mind so much with fairly empty trolleys or when there was nobody else coming through, but the supervisors have really been pressing the issue - last week was "We'll put you through this time, but we can't from now on" but this week it's "none at all"

yoddle

is cool
HSC
we dont take resumes by the hand anymore.. sure they will put it on the bench for a sec, and then it will go straight into the bin.

You can only apply online.. No offence but waiting two weeks...LOL um yeah some of us.. it took like a year to get a job.. myself tho, it was 3 months. Thats cos i already had 4 years exp in cash handling and customer service since i was 12 years old.

Yeah this. don't ring the store manager, I doubt they would even know it exists. We ferry them upstairs to HR, but chances HR aren't upstairs at the store you went into. If online doesn't work give up probs.

lacho95

HSC

Haha, it took me 4 months until they even called me up and i had forgotten about the application all together.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
hmmm, starting to warm to the job of Service Manager, going to be heaps sad when i leave :(

lacho95

HSC
@Townie.
Wait, so you've gone from CSM, to STORE SERVICE MANAGER (SSM). Am i correct?

bensneddon

HSC
haha no chance somebody goes straight from CSM > SSM!
you usually have to successfully manage both a fresh and longlife department, and either Cert III or IV in Retail Operations, before having the opportunity to interview for entry to the Store Management Training program. If you pass the interview, you complete SMT, then get your first appointment as SSM.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
lol, no, havent been promoted that heavily, thought if i stayed SSM is where i'd ideally like to be somewhere soon. wouldnt be hard to get one department down, SSO counts as one of your departments for SMT, and i'm more than qualified for that. god, would hate to manage a fresh department though, i suppose bakery wouldnt be too bad.

twelvemonths

HSC
Customer complained (to me) for doing my job properly today. Ask for a bag check and they complain. If they complain to SM or something what do you think will happen?

Plus what's the rule on self-serve? Is it OK for non-SCO using customers to enter and exit the store from self serve? When I tell customers to please use the main entrance, they complain at me...

bensneddon

HSC
Customer complained (to me) for doing my job properly today. Ask for a bag check and they complain. If they complain to SM or something what do you think will happen?

Plus what's the rule on self-serve? Is it OK for non-SCO using customers to enter and exit the store from self serve? When I tell customers to please use the main entrance, they complain at me...
If you followed the correct bag check procedure, as per Front End Security, the SM won't care.

Likewise, Front End Security states that all customers, staff and contractors must enter the store through the wanzl gates/turnstile and exit through a manned register. The SCO area is not considered a manned register, so everybody must exit through a normal register.

As long as you get your point across in a polite manner, you'll be fine.

twelvemonths

HSC
Thanks Ben :)

I've been a regular operator for a little over a year now but only just got SCO trained. Recently lots of customers have been complaining (one even refused to enter through the main entrance and left the shopping centre). What if a customer just walks through anyway and doesn't listen to what I'm saying about entering/exiting through self-serve? Can I call a Service 100 (lol)?

Service 100 to self-serve! Someone's trying to enter in the wrong place!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)