• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The Woolworths Thread (5 Viewers)

Craven

HSC
lol in my store the attendants just do the calls themselves. Unlucky :p
thing with that is at our store we don't call departments for pricechecks, the supervisor just goes and gets it themselves.. a whole lot quicker than calling someone, waiting for them to come down (if they bother), waiting for them to come back.... eh... and if it's going to end up being a scanning policy i'd rather see the ticket with my own eyes.

PyroTek

HSC
Twelve months:
If induction tells me so, I think it's pretty good grounds for doing it. I haven't been mispaid for it yet.
If i'm allocated an hour, i take an hour, if i'm allocated 30 mins, i take 30 mins,
If i'm allocated an hour and take 30 mins, i just write an adjustment, and it's all correctly paid etc.

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
thing with that is at our store we don't call departments for pricechecks, the supervisor just goes and gets it themselves.. a whole lot quicker than calling someone, waiting for them to come down (if they bother), waiting for them to come back.... eh... and if it's going to end up being a scanning policy i'd rather see the ticket with my own eyes.
Your supervisors must do nothing at the service desk all shift if they can do it all themselves... lol

HSC
No idea, but what happened? Are you allowed to say? I want to know the gory details!

I wouldn't want Woolworths to book my doctors appt. I'd want to go to my own doctor lol
I don't have an issue with seeing their doctor. I have a feeling that I have to go to a specific OH&S medical centre anyway.

I have a dislocated shoulder after a customer who was a billion times bigger and stronger than me tried to yank the trolley from me that i was pushing. So yeah, my shoulder went in his direction. My DM took me to emergency yesterday (when it happened), we got a basic return to work plan done up but I still need ongoing checkups because tickets basically needs that shoulder wholly. I spent today with my arm in a sling in cash office. It sucks :(

I'm so fucking over the pain.

twelvemonths

HSC
lol odd story about departments not coming down...

I usually make standard PA calls: "Grocery, service 40 to register 5, grocery". A customer needed a price check on something without a barcode so I called a service 40 to my register using the nearby PA (on a different register, but that's a different story). While this was happening, and grocery still hadn't come, I had to go to tea so someone came and took over (saved transaction and then put it on their login). Grocery still hadn't come, so this person, the dept 3IC, well known for not liking grocery, practically yelled across the PA "Grocery, service 40 to register 5. Grocery, service 40 to register 5!". They came immediately.

I feel so powerless.

twelvemonths

HSC
Twelve months:
If induction tells me so, I think it's pretty good grounds for doing it. I haven't been mispaid for it yet.
If i'm allocated an hour, i take an hour, if i'm allocated 30 mins, i take 30 mins,
If i'm allocated an hour and take 30 mins, i just write an adjustment, and it's all correctly paid etc.
Casuals don't get to write an adjustment in my store.

What do you mean 'if you're allocated an hour'? In my agreement it says you can take an hour for lunch but if you like you can only take 30 min (and get paid for that extra 30 min).

twelvemonths

HSC
I don't have an issue with seeing their doctor. I have a feeling that I have to go to a specific OH&S medical centre anyway.

I have a dislocated shoulder after a customer who was a billion times bigger and stronger than me tried to yank the trolley from me that i was pushing. So yeah, my shoulder went in his direction. My DM took me to emergency yesterday (when it happened), we got a basic return to work plan done up but I still need ongoing checkups because tickets basically needs that shoulder wholly. I spent today with my arm in a sling in cash office. It sucks :(

I'm so fucking over the pain.
I hope the customer got in trouble. You need big $$$ for this.

HSC
I hope the customer got in trouble. You need big $$$ for this.
Don't think the customer even noticed. I just let him have the trolley and then cried at the service desk. The whole thing is rather embarrassing.

And since I'm casual, there's no monetary compo. Rather they just need the claim to justify why a casual who does on average 14 hours a week needs to spend all of those shifts in cash office or getting bells, thats it. Because I'm not going be able to do tickets for a looooooong time, probably won't be able to lift anything til after christmas. I can't drive until I get this medical clearance either.

Last edited:

twelvemonths

HSC
Straight from the induction booklet re finger scan

...This information is used both for wage calculations and as a staff record for roll call should we have the need to evacuate the store during an emergency... Failure to use the finger scan for any unacceptable reason may result in disciplinary action.

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
Twelve months:
Why not just sign off and follow policy like you should which will avoid any screw ups that NOT signing off will eventually cause? :s

twelvemonths

HSC
Don't think the customer even noticed. I just let him have the trolley and then cried at the service desk. The whole thing is rather embarrassing.

And since I'm casual, there's no monetary compo. Rather they just need the claim to justify why a casual who does on average 14 hours a week needs to spend all of those shifts in cash office or getting bells, thats it. Because I'm not going be able to do tickets for a looooooong time, probably won't be able to lift anything til after christmas.
Wow, if that happened to me... well, I won't even say :)

twelvemonths

HSC
My SM did say I was dealing with it rather well ;) But he wasn't the one that had to dress me after I'd been to the hospital, lets just say I'm VERY well acquainted with one of the relief SSM's.
Wow, that must have been very distressing.

Did the customer just snatch the trolley from you (rudely)?

edit: 100 posts :)

HSC
Wow, that must have been very distressing. Did the customer just snatch it from you (rudely)?
Pretty much. He was like "I'll take that" but didn't even give me a second to let go. Fuckwit.

And then today, I took my sling off on my lunchbreak because it was hurting my neck, but then couldn't get it back on. So one of the bakery boys decided he was going to help me put it back on (he's a nursing student, so I trust him ;) ), so if anyone decides to watch over the cameras near our finger scanner, I dunno what they're going to think.

:angel:

twelvemonths

HSC
Pretty much. He was like "I'll take that" but didn't even give me a second to let go. Fuckwit.

And then today, I took my sling off on my lunchbreak because it was hurting my neck, but then couldn't get it back on. So one of the bakery boys decided he was going to help me put it back on (he's a nursing student, so I trust him ;) ), so if anyone decides to watch over the cameras near our finger scanner, I dunno what they're going to think.

:angel:
lols @ the bakery boy. I like the people in bakery. Easily the most fun department after deli, of course.

I hope you were returning the trolley to the trolley bay or something like that. I'd hate it if you were doing something important with it. Adding insult to injury. Get well soon.

MMacka

HSC
N/A
allright guys, change of topic completely.

i have a workers comp claim going through after this weekend, anyone know whether i'm supposed to book the doctors appt and let my ssm know (so he can come along), or wait for him to book it and let me know.

i know its an odd question, but yeah, any ideas?
Are you a member of the SDA union? If so contact them and they will be able to give you some advice and help you along the way. Seriously the woolworths workers comp insurers will try and screw you over and make out it was pre-existing or somehow your fault so they don't pay up. Also the union will most likely suggest that you don't see a company appointed doctor, as they have been known to side more with the company than the employee.

lordtopcat

Woolworths Bitch
HSC
Signing on/signing off...Man I hope New Zealand gets fingerscanners soon...We still use a darn Phone to clock in and out. It is crap, only one person can actually clock in at once and after that you need to wait about 2 minutes because you can call it again.

Re: Breaks..Here we (as in Department Managers) have to sign off our employees wages each day. So if xxx worked an extra hour but didn't ask too, I'd take that hour off etc. Same with breaks, if they took their half I write it in, if they didn't I don't. Do you guys not have that system, are all the wages just sent to the office straight away?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)