The Woolworths Thread (5 Viewers)

brookie94

HSC
New house, no kids.

Well I guess you must have along time to talk when scanning through $1100 worth of Groceries :p
haha yeh they were really nice and joking about it so it helped lol they had 2 trolley plus stuff that couldnt fit and the husband went to the car like 3 times lol i felt sorry for her unpacking it :p

Craven

HSC
the biggest order I put through was about $5500 worth of fresh food but that was for the Army and they filled the back of a mini truck! Had to scan it all before the store opened. :)

EVAN162

HSC
Just joined! Been looking at this thread for a while!

I'm on check outs..and supervision occasionally. I think they just put me on s/vision when they have no one else. But I enjoy it.

yoddle

is cool
HSC
I've seen $2000 worth of chocolates... But the most I've put through is $750
Holy schmoley. I think my record is like $600something, however I have seen about $10 000 put through a register (actually maybe it was $4000 ... but still) it filled an entire car, it was this weird pre-prepared order for these people from vodafone, needed manager's numbers for approval.

The people who bought our old farm come in once every two months and fill four trolleys, and i still manage to keep up conversation that entire time. Appaz she's due sometimes this week .... :spzz:

I pretty much gave myself a 10 - 4 shift today, being sensible as Australia Day has seen some of my most outrageous moments since the age of 15. It was awesome, no customers, drooling over hot backpackers and i helped my CSM with doing one grid for next week, was fun! SM and his supervisor wife got a transfer to QLD, they are leaving at the end of the week, have no idea who HR are going to get to do it at one weeks notice, being out in the sticks and all! We will get a new Long life manager on the same day.

Today this guy signed for his card and his signature was exactly this: "KYLE!!"

Tragesty

HSC
Hey guys,

Did you gusy also get payment sent on the 25th as opposed to today? Just wanna make sure it isn't jsut me.

Last edited:

Tragesty

HSC
Damn I knew i should have just read previous posts, sorry and thanks for the quick response :)

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
Why do we have to cancel the EFT to add cash out? It's stupid, because it asks the customer for cash out after they've scanned.
It's crap

bensneddon

HSC
Why do we have to cancel the EFT to add cash out? It's stupid, because it asks the customer for cash out after they've scanned.
It's crap
It's a limitation of PC-EFTPOS, which is the 3rd party software used to implement EFTPOS transactions. When the cashier selects $123.45 for EFT tender, that amount is passed to PC-EFTPOS to be used for the EFTPOS transaction. If the cashier instead selected $143.45 (ie. $123.45 with $20 cashout), the amount $143.45 is passed to PC-EFTPOS, and then WoWPOS calculates that the amount passed to PC-EFTPOS is $20 more than the transaction value, which then becomes the customers change.

So to change the figure which is passed to PC-EFTPOS, the current EFTPOS transaction must be terminated.

Make sense sorta?? I can clarify if need be.

lordtopcat

Woolworths Bitch
HSC
Again, with my jam packed thrilling life...

Two more shots of inside my Supermarket....It was a bit hard because the program I'm using is for building houses, not Supermarkets :p Lol

One of checkouts, the other of pretty much the store. The shelves are empty because no nightfill turned up!!

(On the news of Real work...)
Got offered 6.5 hours in Storeroom on Saturday....Good experience for me, another department mastered. + not to mention Woolworths are putting me through my Forklift license :)

Last edited:

brockjock

HSC
N/A
Ok I have 2 shifts I can't do.... How do I get out of them? Who do I tell when do I have to tell them?
Thankyou.

quick90

HSC
I think I got over payed this week by at least $200! can't even check it because pay slips still aren't out.

I'm guessing next weeks pay is gonna be very low

ekul444

HSC
N/A
i have a question about superannuation - hopefully somebody here will be able to help me.

i didnt think that i was eligble for super because i am under 18. but to my surprise on my payslip for the w/e 3/1/10 there was
*RA RSTSG9% 28.00
in the 'deductions and company superannuation' section. now i assume this is super being paid.

so i checked the ATO website and:
"To be eligible you must be:
  • aged 18 years or over but under 70 years of age, and
  • paid at least $450 (before tax) in a calendar month
If you are under 18, you are eligible if you work more than 30 hours a week."

that particular week i worked only 25.97 hours (but earned over $450)

however the week before i worked 32 hours, the week after 33.5 and the following week 38. no super was on my payslip for any of those weeks.

does anyone have and idea what is happening here?? when should i be paid super and have i missed out??

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
I found the same thing when I was about 17. Um um um it worked out that because of the hours totalling for consecutive weeks to be over X amount someting something super had to be paid on the 4th week.... yeah.

Makes no sense but :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)