The Woolworths Thread (1 Viewer)

bdude

HSC
As I said, I could definitely understand if I was asking for payment (sick leave as a ppt) or it was more then 1 consecutive shift, or I was a repeat offender. Just took me aback a bit because usually its just 'oh thanks for letting us know, get better soon' - which is what the supervisor said when I called but she said I had to be transferred to either SM or SSM - which has never been the case before. She said something about 'so a manager' knows - I guess my CSM/2IC weren't there yet.

Argh well, he said for a doctors certificate 'next time' and something about 'need to get on top of it' << I have no idea about what I/them are trying to get on top of.... I figured the worst thing that will happen is I need to sign a Stat Dec.
This should probably go in the Coles thread, but since the discussion's in here, here's the Coles bit:

---

6.1.6 A team member shall be entitled to 2 single shift absences without a medical certificate
or statutory declaration in any anniversary year, except where a team member is
absent on the day before or the day after a public holiday. Where a team member is
absent on the day before or the day after a public holiday the Company requires
satisfactory evidence that the absence was caused through illness or injury. Provided
that for any additional single shift absences, at the Manager’s discretion, a medical
certificate issued by a duly qualified medical practitioner or statutory declaration may be
requested to receive payment.

A medical certificate issued by a duly qualified medical practitioner or statutory
declaration shall be deemed satisfactory evidence to receive payment.

For any absence of 2 consecutive shifts or more or a single day absence on the day
before or the day after a public holiday, a medical certificate shall be required from a
duly qualified medical practitioner or statutory declaration to receive payment.

Wherever practicable the team member shall notify their Manager, or if their Manager is
not present, the Manager on duty, prior to the commencement of their shift of their
inability to attend for duty and, as far as reasonable, the nature of the illness or injury
and the estimated duration of the absence.

-----

although it is under the section for paid sick leave, so it might not be required for casuals?

also, if I can't get into the doctors on the day I'm sick where else can I go for a doctor's certificatE?

Mannequin25

HSC
Oi, I would pay for it. hahaha.
I desperately want one =D

We had our upgrade today, and they obviously didnt think it through very well. We had to put cigarettes through self serve but NOT in training mode, because we had to make sure it didnt print out the fuel docket..but how were we meant to put the money in? Me and the 2IC were just like WTF? But we figured it out..by ringing other stores because IT said they didnt know how to fix it..good HELP desk they are aye.
the did the upgrade only not work on ur self serve??
ours was fine, but I had Mayfield call me lol

I was pissed off tho cuz the upgrade didnt go through until nearly 6am, and i was there from 5am. I had alot of paper work to do tho, so it wasnt that bad, but i could have done without getting up at 4am.......

and OMFG the cleaners are so bloody rude!!! i was standing at the service desk and they litterally mopped AROUND me, and then i walked over to one of the registers and she got down on her hands and knees and wipped the floor behind me as i was walking.....i was like wtf

EVAN162

HSC
the did the upgrade only not work on ur self serve??
ours was fine, but I had Mayfield call me lol

I was pissed off tho cuz the upgrade didnt go through until nearly 6am, and i was there from 5am. I had alot of paper work to do tho, so it wasnt that bad, but i could have done without getting up at 4am.......

and OMFG the cleaners are so bloody rude!!! i was standing at the service desk and they litterally mopped AROUND me, and then i walked over to one of the registers and she got down on her hands and knees and wipped the floor behind me as i was walking.....i was like wtf

Yeah self serve were the only ones we had problems with.

YES! The cleaners are SO ANNOYING!! When I open on self serve they move my trolley and baskets and he was mopping around my feet, touching me with the mop, I said to one of them last week 'you know, you can say excuse me'.
FUCK...lol.

milocole

Plane Nut
HSC
Fuck I hate Bigw. They forced me to change my Sunday shift to a Friday so now I work Mon-Fri, but I lose $70 from the extra rate and guess what they have done, added an hour to every one of my shifts. So for the same amount of money every week I am working an extra 5hrs.....Further persuading me to leave.

Half the time the Sunday rate is the only reason I would stay at Bigw, but doing such a long week at that crap payrate makes me pissed.

TG Fan

HSC
N/A
I was pissed off tho cuz the upgrade didnt go through until nearly 6am, and i was there from 5am.
Try having to be at an upgrade at 1:30am. That's the time the WA stores had to be in.

I used to hate upgrades with a passion. That's one of the many reasons I left systems. Not only having to get up SO damn early but also because our store isn't in a very nice town as far as late night vandalism goes. We have to get our husbands to drop us off at work because there's no way in hell we'd leave our cars in the parking lot at that time of night because Woolworths won't compensate damage done to the cars. Plus the spouses used to hate it because not only do they have to get up at that hour, but they also have to go back home and try and go back to sleep so they can get up at their usual time to go to work.

Woolworths has to find a better way to deal with their upgrades!!!!!

TG Fan

HSC
N/A
what is the process at woolies for casuals calling in sick?
As a casual I'm sure you don't need a doctors certificate because you don't accumulate sick days, unlike a contracted employee - aka: part-time, fulltime, salary.

However I would suggest calling them the day before if you know you won't be in the next day. The more notice management gets the more they appreciate it.

TG Fan

HSC
N/A
I know Im repeating what T 360 said, but what was the upgrade for?
Since I'm not in systems anymore, I have no idea. I guess I should have had a gander at the notice when I was in the systems office getting tickets. :p It was probably something minor, like the majority of them are.

Here's another gripe when it comes to upgrades - Why oh why do IT send down an upgrade knowing full well some of the components have got problems? I will never understand their thought process!

jirwin

HSC
As a casual I'm sure you don't need a doctors certificate because you don't accumulate sick days, unlike a contracted employee - aka: part-time, fulltime, salary.

However I would suggest calling them the day before if you know you won't be in the next day. The more notice management gets the more they appreciate it.
I called them at 8.30 this morning - 5hrs before my rostered shift.

HSC
I called them at 8.30 this morning - 5hrs before my rostered shift.
That's alright then :) because it gives them plenty of time and notice. My SSM rung me tonight is like, one of our workers is doing a shift in back dock tomorrow night is there any chance your able to supervise 4-close (22:00) and I said I am not a trained supervisor and if someone is willing to train me while I do it sure, but shes like, "Oh No you would be by yourself don't worry we will get you in one day and maybe train you as supervisor and more on self serve" yipee :D i wanna do self serve

Mannequin25

HSC
omg 130? you kidding me??? holy crap, noooooooooo way would i be doing that!!!

No major changes, it was a pretty lame upgrade, nothing changed. I think it was more for self serve than for normal checkouts or guns.

looooooool does anyone rememeber the major upgrade we had last year, and then the registers used to get stuck on the screen savers??? omfg i was sooooo bloody pissed off....

ekul444

HSC
N/A
No major changes, it was a pretty lame upgrade, nothing changed. I think it was more for self serve than for normal checkouts or guns.
changes for self serve?? thats important to me! haha :p. anyone know any details??

PyroTek

HSC
I hear that the RF guns will have a feature where you can request tickets from 5,5,1, - inventory management. Instead of having to go to 5,1,1 - Price Management.
Inventory management is awesome.

MMacka

HSC
N/A
I hear that the RF guns will have a feature where you can request tickets from 5,5,1, - inventory management. Instead of having to go to 5,1,1 - Price Management.
Inventory management is awesome.
Is there any way to print off adhocs/talkers etc from the RF guns? Atm I am doing it through back office and its really confusing and takes ages.

theonemanshow

HSC
A department (different to what I am doing now) at another store has a position and the dep. manager is happy to take me on. My department manager tells me there is no way he would sign the transfer form (due to staff shortage, 2 gone and 1 fired but no new people hired). What to do what to do? Thanks.

yoddle

is cool
HSC
MMacka i highly doubt it because that Media program wouldn't be available on the RF gun.

Hey what happens in back office when your colours are all whacked? like mine is white on white when i write text into a white text box? I went into the colours section to try and change them but it looked horrible and confoozing.

I'm doing my first ever close as an operator tonight, looking forward to nil responsibility.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)