The Woolworths Thread (1 Viewer)

bdude

HSC
As for the Newport one, I agree with them. Newport is a really small village and one of the reasons the Coles was accepted by the locals was the fact that they made it a boutique store - it only has six aisles and is less than 1/4 size of a normal supermarket. And all the parking is underground so it doesn't visually impact on the view. There is a Woolworths in Avalon 10 mins to the north, there is a Woolworths at Mona Vale 10 mins to the south, I don't really think they need another supermarket somehow.
I do agree that they don't need another supermarket, especially when around half of the adult population have signed a petition against it.

The one thing I always say when these stories come up is that I hope every single person who campaigns against a Woolworths/Coles in their town still shops at their local stores and never even enters it. Somehow I don't think that many do.

TG Fan

HSC
N/A
IF I can remember, I'll write down the numbers for you and post them here tomorrow.
Ok, here we go. I did remember to look at my colours for back office. As I mentioned before, they aren't great colours but it makes back office SO much easier to read.

Standard colour: 10 Inverse colour: 15 Overlay text: 39 Lookup text: 39
Data Input: 39 Help colour: 15 Overlay invrs: 15 Lookup inverse: 15

:sun:

NNS7

HSC
N/A
lol, okay maybe it wasn't 504, they only made it today.
maybe it's 304 or 404?
anyone know wat that means?

also, MPL's?
MPL = Minimum Presentation Level, depends on dept for percentage, but in perishables and grocery we use 25%.

If you don't know what a mpl is, it seems a bit strange to have managers numbers!

all the dept managers in my store have numbers between 10-20.
300's are for 2ic's (I have a 300 number) and SM has 1 STM has 2. but as far as i know different stores can vary widely in this area.

PyroTek

HSC
Weird, I'm 33. I can do a HEAP of stuff,

Change MPLs, RTC, Dumps, Change Shelf capacity, Make orders, Authorize orders, Print Tickets/AdHoc's. etc.
The only thing I cant do is really just receive loads and RTC to a lower price. (and a few other things which I don't know what do)
Supervisors call me to the service desk JUST so I can log in and dump stock for them.
Good stuff!

I also got a card saying how much they appreciated me doing the meat manager relief, (and 2 movie tickets on their way!), SM said my sales were up, dumps/markdowns were down, department is more organised, I worked as hard as I could every day, and I proved myself, so they'll get me in doing it again if needed, and also the SM wants me trained as a supervisor on checkouts! Pretty happy about that.

Last edited:

PyroTek

HSC
probably, I can add promo lines etc. as well if needed. I got them when I was working non-trade.

Otacon2009

HSC
It looks easy and unlike checkouts, have the benifet of moving around. It's good to fill in someone's break, however doing a full eight hour shift.

lordtopcat

Woolworths Bitch
HSC
Yeah I was about to say, all the duty mangaz at our store have manager privileges.
DM Mike how do you do that!? I tried to work it out the other day because someone on here said you could but i really couldn't do it.

Just now:
*old man buys three items*
me: "would you like a bag for those?"
old man: "no! no i don't need a bag" "oh wait i forgot prunes!"
*hobbles away and comes back with a small packet of prunes*
me: "okay thats 14.20 blah blah, here's your receipt, have a good night"
old man: "you better get me a bag for these! what do you think i am, an octopus with ten legs!?"

GAH.
If I remember correctly, when you have scanned your item, instead of entering the percentage press 'Enter'. I think this then allows you to enter a manual price.

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
Weird, I'm 33. I can do a HEAP of stuff,

Change MPLs, RTC, Dumps, Change Shelf capacity, Make orders, Authorize orders, Print Tickets/AdHoc's. etc.
The only thing I cant do is really just receive loads and RTC to a lower price. (and a few other things which I don't know what do)
Supervisors call me to the service desk JUST so I can log in and dump stock for them.
Good stuff!

I also got a card saying how much they appreciated me doing the meat manager relief, (and 2 movie tickets on their way!), SM said my sales were up, dumps/markdowns were down, department is more organised, I worked as hard as I could every day, and I proved myself, so they'll get me in doing it again if needed, and also the SM wants me trained as a supervisor on checkouts! Pretty happy about that.
well at least your store is kind.

I worked from Sunday till friday, and then sunday till wednesday because of a manager being sick or whatever. Manager came back, and she didn't say anything. Talk about feeling under appreciated. >=/

lordtopcat

Woolworths Bitch
HSC
well at least your store is kind.

I worked from Sunday till friday, and then sunday till wednesday because of a manager being sick or whatever. Manager came back, and she didn't say anything. Talk about feeling under appreciated. >=/
Same with my SM. He's very quick to point out the negatives but if you ever want something positive from him you have to tie him to a chair and torture him until the dreaded 'Well done' words come out of his mouth.

yoddle

is cool
HSC
Ok, here we go. I did remember to look at my colours for back office. As I mentioned before, they aren't great colours but it makes back office SO much easier to read.

Standard colour: 10 Inverse colour: 15 Overlay text: 39 Lookup text: 39
Data Input: 39 Help colour: 15 Overlay invrs: 15 Lookup inverse: 15

:sun:
Cool thank you very much! I am ever so grateful.

If I remember correctly, when you have scanned your item, instead of entering the percentage press 'Enter'. I think this then allows you to enter a manual price.
Do you guys have the same guns/programs as us? But as soon as you scan the item it automatically comes up with a percentage so if i pressed enter wouldn't it just confirm that?

PyroTek

HSC
Yoddle, the manual price entry is under RTC for single items.
You set the percentage to 00 and press enter. - provided you have numbers between 1 and 10 - store manager numbers.

lordtopcat

Woolworths Bitch
HSC
Yeah, pretty sure. We have the Symbol/Motorola MC3000's Brick and Gun configurations. And I assume it's the same software becaues whenever I do a Cold Boot (9+1+Off) it comes up with the old Woolies Aussie logo.

What PyroTek said, you need to make sure the percentage is on 00, which ours is when we first scan anyway. But of course as soon as you enter anything else it will take it as that percentage. Also with SM numbers the limit of 60% goes up to 90% (I think)

While we're on the topic of guns as well, a lot of the functions don't apply to use as we can't exit our software without the exit pin number, here is the user manual for our guns, if anyone is interested: http://www.bci-gmbh.de/fileadmin/us...symbol/SYMBOL_MC3000_CE_4.2_User_Manual_e.pdf (Or am I just sad that I went looking for that?!?)

Although I was messing around with one the other day and I managed to stay on the Windows Desktop. The guns have all sorts of programs like Windows media player/word/notepad/calculator/internet explorer on them. I thought I better not try any of them though, just in case the eyes were watching O-O

Last edited:

ytrbut

HSC
What PyroTek said, you need to make sure the percentage is on 00, which ours is when we first scan anyway. But of course as soon as you enter anything else it will take it as that percentage. Also with SM numbers the limit of 60% goes up to 90% (I think)
95% on ours, I'm pretty sure.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)