The Woolworths Thread (3 Viewers)

MMacka

HSC
N/A
ahahahahahaha seriously?
awww

zomg i just googled him so that everyone else has a *slight* clue what we're on about - he's marked on fricken google maps. :(

Tree man Richard Pennicuik for mayor? | Perth Now

for relevance, why do we need a no nail polish rule? don't they know that i buy cheapass nail polish remover that actually doesn't work.
I bet it will be like the simpsons, theres gonna be a massive storm and the tree will fall down and everyone will think he is dead.

T 360

One of the Fresh Food Peo
HSC

Harry778

HSC
Wish I was working :(
I'd so be on smoke shop by now...oh god the counts are probably all fucked and the cupboards will be messy :O

Hahahaha..I'm so uptight about it. Have to go in today...but I cant drive so I have to go in with my mum..everyone will be like OH GOD SHES BACK! Lol.

HSC
ahahahahahaha seriously?
awww

zomg i just googled him so that everyone else has a *slight* clue what we're on about - he's marked on fricken google maps. :(

Tree man Richard Pennicuik for mayor? | Perth Now

for relevance, why do we need a no nail polish rule? don't they know that i buy cheapass nail polish remover that actually doesn't work.
We have a no nail polish rule? :confused:

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Tried to log into a few things today

Host Access: Gone
Paymas Access: Gone
People Planner Access: Gone
Back Office Access: Gone

but, funilly, Officer - Service Manager and Office Cashier Access still fine, and register still fine.

bensneddon

HSC
I have a question for any of you systems operators... wait... SSO/SSA's (I'll never get used to that)

How can I link a TUN to an Item Number? Eg. outer box on one type batteries has TUN barcode, but won't scan, whereas others will.

PyroTek

HSC
Townie, at our store all the stock management (Stock management, back office) numbers are being cleaned up - so to say. I'm luckily keeping my numbers - or, same privileges anyway. :D

yoddle

is cool
HSC
Zomg Melbourne! Come to my store :D
Soz i'm back. Where was it? I didn't go to any Woolworthses.

8.93 is not that far off what our 17 year old PPT's get - so you're actually doing quite well.

Totes come visit us. We are super awesome, even if our store isn't ;)

We have dead as late night trade again from the 30/3 until 9/4. Not looking forward to it AT ALL. What is the point when we make $400 an hour after 6pm.
Whaat? That's worse than us, even we make 1k an hour or so after six. That's 50c for every resident.

Ummmm so like i signed my PPT contract (temporary) today.

WED: 3.15 - 21.15 sup
THU: 10-7 op
FRI: 12.15-21.15 op/sup
every second week i have a saturday or sunday full day supervision in addition to that, so 22hrs one week and 30 the other.
but i am gunna get heaps more than my set hours most weeks, e.g. next week is my 22hrs and i've got 33 and this week i have like 40 or something, which i apologised for.

Today i was serving a customer at the service desk register and one of the other supervisors was kneeling right next to me filling smokes, and then i was like "how may i help you?" to a customer, and then looked down, and the supervisor looked at my crotch and mouthed "how may i help you?" while making wanking motions with her hand and laughing, then i got totally distracted and had to ask the customer 3 times how much phone credit she wanted. It was more embarrassing cos the customer couldn't see her, so she thought i was just nuts. But also funny.

She also told me a story about how her boyfa was in another Woolies and an old couple had an argument about whether to buy butter or margarine which ended a full on domestic and they called each other arseholes.

TG Fan

HSC
N/A
I have a question for any of you systems operators... wait... SSO/SSA's (I'll never get used to that)

How can I link a TUN to an Item Number? Eg. outer box on one type batteries has TUN barcode, but won't scan, whereas others will.
I never really liked to link TUN's to an item number because it could screw up your counts, so I used to leave it to corporate to do that.....BUT....if you want to, you need to go into Back Office and do the following -

TO LINK EAN NUMBER

4 – 2 – 2
Type in EAN
Enter
Type in reference number
F2
F4

NC8000

HSC
N/A
I never really liked to link TUN's to an item number because it could screw up your counts, so I used to leave it to corporate to do that.....BUT....if you want to, you need to go into Back Office and do the following -

TO LINK EAN NUMBER

4 – 2 – 2
Type in EAN
Enter
Type in reference number
F2
F4
DO NOT link a TUN or EAN in store. there should be NO reason whatsoever to do this. Simply log a helpdesk call via Buying & Marketing and speak to the business team.

It is a business rule that suppliers furnish us with a GS1 report for both EAN/TUN that match exactly what the product is. Only a business team should be doing this. if the tun is not live for you, its the same for everyone so please log it so we know about it.

Its a PITA but it is very important that we check these things, the product may be slightly different and you may have been sent it by mistake. another example is the supplier may have stuffed up and put the wrong barcode on

E.g Supplier put a 1L barcode onto a 700ml product. even if you are not ranged to it, the POS will scan it, lookup CASS for a sell price and charge the customer the incorrect amount(then spit you out a negative report the next day).

Another example is going from a 6x4x375ml product(deleted) to a 4x6x375ml. same qty but different packs, if a store adds the other TUN to the old reference number it will scan up at 60% markdown due to the old one been deleted. huge headaches for all of us plus a loss of $$

ISIS will be blocked from June from adding a TEMP TUN and it blocks EAN already, with all supermarkets going to ISIS very soon this should solve the problem.

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
We don't have that rule... last time I checked it's only fresh food staff that can't have it, and dress policy states that a business-like colour of polish is appropriate for front end staff :cool:

bensneddon

HSC
DO NOT link a TUN or EAN in store. there should be NO reason whatsoever to do this. Simply log a helpdesk call via Buying & Marketing and speak to the business team.

It is a business rule that suppliers furnish us with a GS1 report for both EAN/TUN that match exactly what the product is. Only a business team should be doing this. if the tun is not live for you, its the same for everyone so please log it so we know about it.

Its a PITA but it is very important that we check these things, the product may be slightly different and you may have been sent it by mistake. another example is the supplier may have stuffed up and put the wrong barcode on

E.g Supplier put a 1L barcode onto a 700ml product. even if you are not ranged to it, the POS will scan it, lookup CASS for a sell price and charge the customer the incorrect amount(then spit you out a negative report the next day).

Another example is going from a 6x4x375ml product(deleted) to a 4x6x375ml. same qty but different packs, if a store adds the other TUN to the old reference number it will scan up at 60% markdown due to the old one been deleted. huge headaches for all of us plus a loss of $$

ISIS will be blocked from June from adding a TEMP TUN and it blocks EAN already, with all supermarkets going to ISIS very soon this should solve the problem.
Thanks NC8000, I thought this might be the case. Looking forward to the ISIS release :)

TO LINK EAN NUMBER

4 – 2 – 2
Type in EAN
Enter
Type in reference number
F2
F4
Thanks TG Fan... I thought this may be the case :)

Last edited:
HSC
I think my store is starting to tighten their belts even more - 10 hours next week rostered. I mean, I'm only working 11 this week but thats because I got rid of shifts on Monday and Friday.

And, for the first time EVER, I heard a manager seriously mention age in terms of deciding who to roster. Interesting...

(Though I'm not complaining, just saying...)

Whaat? That's worse than us, even we make 1k an hour or so after six. That's 50c for every resident.
Its quite pathetic. We're in what, a 200 store centre, and three stores stay open - Woolworths, Coles and Kmart - even Target closes.

There were nights when it cost more in wages (for a dm + four checkout staff + two liquor staff + two deli staff) than we made in sales between that time :|

Last edited:

Mannequin25

HSC
lol my CSM is pissed cuz she was told to cut 60hrs out of next weeks roster. She was so filthy today about it. As she said on Tuesday when she was doing the rosters, its rediculious that a job that should take 3hrs, is now taking her up to 6hrs because of the budget that shes been given.
Shes off to a confrence in Sydney next wednesday, so once again it will just be me by myself on the floor, yay.....

Im going to break my no complaining rule haha. Today was so shit. I have not experienced it that busy in such a long time (even more so than the other day). It was litterally at the point that I was running the floor, doing smokeshop and express (with a line up to bakehouse) by myself, while all large lanes had 3+ trolleys waiting. When the CSM got back from lunch she had a go at the boss cause shes sick of having no express alert people, and the 2 that we actually had today, wouldnt come down for us! She told him that she was over it and on the verge of walking out.....hmmmm. Its just getting beyond a joke.

Roster For Next Week:
finished doing my 2IC relief this week :cry: but its all good, all supervision this week anyways and only another 2 weeks before ill be 2IC for 6 weeks again :p

Monday- 630-1630 Supervision
Tuesday- 930- 1730 Supervision
Wednesday- 800- 1800 Supervision
Friday- 1745- 2415 Supervision
Saturday- 1545- 2215 Supervision
Sunday- 1615- 2115 Supervision
(i work on a 6/4 day roster, 44hrs back week, 32hrs pay week)

lordtopcat

Woolworths Bitch
HSC

Funny, we use ISIS and we can still add EAN's in store. In fact I do it quite regularly. With Woolworths cutting hours I don't have time to be on hold for half an hour just to tell the snobs to add an EAN.

NNS7

HSC
N/A
Tried to log into a few things today

Host Access: Gone
Paymas Access: Gone
People Planner Access: Gone
Back Office Access: Gone

but, funilly, Officer - Service Manager and Office Cashier Access still fine, and register still fine.
yah, host goes heaps quick, i was sick for two weeks once and my host access was "revoked"! funny back office was gone, i've done reliefs etc at other stores and come back and its still fine. must depend on how strictly they police everyone's numbers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)