The Woolworths Thread (2 Viewers)

PyroTek

HSC
I got to work in the morning to find the storeman was off sick.. Guess who got to be storeman AND meat dude both at once!

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
i voted no.

it pains me to see that staff who are here for 4 hours will be getting 10mins break when they do absolutely nothing.

HSC
i voted no.

it pains me to see that staff who are here for 4 hours will be getting 10mins break when they do absolutely nothing.
OMG yes.
I timed one girl last night, she was gone for 26 minutes on a four hour shift (I was dealing with a kind of complicated issue at smokeshop so thats why I didn't notice earlier) from the time she left her register to the time she got back.
But, when you are the daughter of the SSS, its not like any of our managers want to cross her. I mean she's really nice and all, but she's SO LAZY.

brookie94

HSC
Can someone help me out here?
On a 5 hour shift what breaks are you supposed to get?
Same for 8 and 9 hour shifts too please lol I get confuses as to what breaks for what times

NNS7

HSC
N/A
i voted no.

This was the exact reason I voted no, I don't get any more breaks, but my staff who work 4 hr shifts, like night fillers, do. Total management nightmare, and as an ex night filler I don't think you really need a 10min break for 4 hrs, it would just put you behind and break the 'rhythm'. Checkouts is another matter, I could see it there, but again total management nightmare!

bdude

HSC
Really hoping this will catch on, haha.
Boycott Woolworths until they accept Debit Cards again!!!!! | Facebook
I'm up for no more arguments about the issue.
I love the sole reason for that group's existence is that people don't want to remember the PIN number on their card. I don't want to know what will happen when we eventually move to having only PINs. I've never got why people who obviously can use a PIN for their card choose to sign, it's so much more inconvenient.

ekul444

HSC
N/A
HSC
Boycott Woolworths because they will no longer let us use Visa Debit Cards. | Facebook
this one's been around longer ands got more members :p
and i reckon the 1% is about right. i had only 1 customer on thursday who it affected. and he just used a different card. big deal...
Yeah the posts on that one are unbelievably incorrect.

I actually had quite a few customers with that issue, though it was with a different operator each time so maybe it wasn't that many people. All but one person I managed to talk into pressing savings, and the other person paid on another card. There may have been more customers with the issue that the individual operator managed to explain the change to - as they were trained to.
These people are fuckwits. I don't neccessarily agree with the reasons that Woolworths provided, but we are not responsible for issues that you have with your bank.

Also, many of them need to learn to spell.

Last edited:

ekul444

HSC
N/A
Yeah the posts on that one are unbelievably incorrect.

There may have been more customers with the issue that the individual operator managed to explain the change to - as they were trained to.
has there been training on this? nothing had been mentioned to us by anyone, and the only information ive found was a FAQ sheet in the register drawer. lucky i was sort of aware what was going on and i could partially explain it, but i know most of operators wouldn't have a clue....

HSC
has there been training on this? nothing had been mentioned to us by anyone, and the only information ive found was a FAQ sheet in the register drawer. lucky i was sort of aware what was going on and i could partially explain it, but i know most of operators wouldn't have a clue....
My store did a team talk to all operators about 2 weeks ago explaining the change, why it was happening, possible reactions from customers and how to solve the problem. I know it got done because I feel like I did about half of them. Additionally we have the sheets in the register draws as well.

ekul444

HSC
N/A
My store did a team talk to all operators about 2 weeks ago explaining the change, why it was happening, possible reactions from customers and how to solve the problem. I know it got done because I feel like I did about half of them. Additionally we have the sheets in the register draws as well.
hmm wish we got something like this :(

T 360

One of the Fresh Food Peo
HSC
I have had only two customers so far. One excepted it fine,other one went off his nut. Not looking forward to dealing with it in Self Serve tomorrow,if it arises.

MMacka

HSC
N/A
LOL! did the "National" EBA get through? the "National" one which seems to just merge all he sates ones into one big fucking document? The one which seems to give nothing to employees and just makes it easier for woolworths to refer to one document? the one, which when i had another flick through, has pay rates for each different state? How on earth do they get away with calling it a National Agreement, it's a fucking joke is what it is! More than anything in almost 6 years with woolworths, this so called "national eba" pisses me off more than all the shit customers and shit managers combined. I regreat not being CSM when it was voted on, becasuse i would have talked every single staffmember in my store to vote against it.
Thats exactly why I voted no.

The way it was marketed to people was very clever as well. Most people just don't know that the national payrates are different despite a national agreement. The unions in each state have let us down.

ekul444

HSC
N/A
Also, just read an interesting comment that actually makes a little more sense:

Woolies defends eftpos change > Inside Retailing > Articles page

Interesting thoughts that guy has... makes more sense, then the other worthless comments
bahaha just read this comment on that site:
"For the record, I'm not sure their system can actually recognise the difference between cards - select credit on their system and be prepared to argue - or select credit and enter your pin - the operator never sees your card, and (AFAIK) it is processed as a credit transaction."

lol what an idiot.

TG Fan

HSC
N/A
What I don't understand is why are they pressing credit in the first place. It's their money they're using!! Obviously the convenience of a debit card is so they can buy stuff online or over the phone using the visa/mastercard side of it, but why hit credit if you're right there doing the purchase?

If it's too difficult for people to use the debit card, get a regular ATM and a credit card. Pay the credit card off each month and you won't get paid interest....simple.

What is interesting about this (Boycott Woolworths until they accept Debit Cards again!!!!! | Facebook) site though is the title - "Boycott Woolworths until they accept debit cards". When have we ever stopped? Go to your bank, you lazy ass, and ask for a pin number. 5 minutes later you'll get one....sheesh!

MMacka

HSC
N/A
What I don't understand is why are they pressing credit in the first place. It's their money they're using!! Obviously the convenience of a debit card is so they can buy stuff online or over the phone using the visa/mastercard side of it, but why hit credit if you're right there doing the purchase?

If it's too difficult for people to use the debit card, get a regular ATM and a credit card. Pay the credit card off each month and you won't get paid interest....simple.

What is interesting about this (Boycott Woolworths until they accept Debit Cards again!!!!! | Facebook) site though is the title - "Boycott Woolworths until they accept debit cards". When have we ever stopped? Go to your bank, you lazy ass, and ask for a pin number. 5 minutes later you'll get one....sheesh!
This is why they are pressing credit on a debit account:

"The added security of ANZ Falcon™ fraud monitoring - when using your ANZ Access Visa Debit card for ATM or EFTPOS transactions, select the 'credit' button to activate ANZ Falcon™, which monitors your transactions for suspicious activity. Transactions that you make online or by phone are automatically protected by ANZ Falcon™": ANZ - Visa Debit card

TG Fan

HSC
N/A
This is why they are pressing credit on a debit account:

"The added security of ANZ Falcon™ fraud monitoring - when using your ANZ Access Visa Debit card for ATM or EFTPOS transactions, select the 'credit' button to activate ANZ Falcon™, which monitors your transactions for suspicious activity. Transactions that you make online or by phone are automatically protected by ANZ Falcon™": ANZ - Visa Debit card
But all banks offer security for your accounts in some way or another, whether you activate them yourself or they are a default application by the bank.

jgibson0011

HSC
N/A
I actually had quite a few customers with that issue, though it was with a different operator each time so maybe it wasn't that many people. All but one person I managed to talk into pressing savings, and the other person paid on another card. There may have been more customers with the issue that the individual operator managed to explain the change to - as they were trained to.
OMG yes…I hate this new thing where people can't select CREDIT.
My supervisor said it can still be done though the service desk, something to do with a password being required?? and i saw her with the manual eft thing as well?

The major complaint from customers (and there have been HEAPS) is that the change wasn't publicised enough. One lady told me that her credit union blamed woolworths for all the issues.

@ copeys

My last customer's reaction when I told him was the same…but he had his wife with him so she helped him calm down…but he said in a firm voice "you'd better your manager her quickly!"

HSC
Can someone help me out here?
On a 5 hour shift what breaks are you supposed to get?
Same for 8 and 9 hour shifts too please lol I get confuses as to what breaks for what times
In WA, you get 15mins paid tea break for 5hours.

For 8 and 9 hour shifts, you get an hour lunch break plus two tea breaks (15mins each).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)