The Woolworths Thread (4 Viewers)

Puke_24

HSC
Hey there, I'm about to apply for a nightfill assistant. What exactly do you do? Am i like a "wingman" to someone?

Thanks.. :)

BSammy

HSC
Yeah, it's exactly like Top Gun. :p

Actually it's more like putting stuff on the shelves to replenish the stock. Assistant basically means not a Manager.

BSammy

HSC
What about your manager in checkout doesn't let you go cause the department is short of people but perishables has positions available at the same time? ( Same situation but different departments here :()
Is there any chance of doing a bit of both?

That way your checkouts don't miss out on you, but you can get trained at perishables.
Then if perishables is impressed they can slowly steal you away from the front, when front end finally gets some new staff.

lordtopcat

Woolworths Bitch
HSC
What about your manager in checkout doesn't let you go cause the department is short of people but perishables has positions available at the same time? ( Same situation but different departments here :()
When I went from Checkouts to Produce, I didn't 'ask' the checkout manager if I could go, I just simply applied for the hours and got them.

HSC
I want more shifts in either longlife or self-serve. So I'm going to talk to my department manager regarding that and then see the longlife manager or 21C (He's good and knows his job really well), even though checkouts is one of the most important departments. We are always and no matter what understaffed.

Last edited:
HSC
Just got a call from a store about 25-30 minutes away asking me to supervise there this afternoon, but I have an exam tomorrow :(
Apaz my store said "I would definitely do it" - despite having N/A'd today and all. Nice to know they're whoring me out :rolleyes:

Why do they always call when I'm not available? I'd love to do a close or something at another store, just to see how it rolls and all.

brookie94

HSC
Just got a call from a store about 25-30 minutes away asking me to supervise there this afternoon, but I have an exam tomorrow :(
Apaz my store said "I would definitely do it" - despite having N/A'd today and all. Nice to know they're whoring me out :rolleyes:

Why do they always call when I'm not available? I'd love to do a close or something at another store, just to see how it rolls and all.
hahaha you ARE a whore Jess ;) kidddding!! :p well you must be ok if it's you they chose!! Lol

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
I get customers who want 40cents out of their bank.... Lol?

This old woman came back with a receipt for $1.09!!! That's ONE point!!!! And it takes ages to process them.
They only get points when they spend over $30...

On a happier note, payrise seems to be effective as of this past pay. Yay! now on PPT wage of $9 an hour coming from 8.93. Wewt!!

yoddle

is cool
HSC
On EDR. Not F$C. So what happens if the EDR isn't scanned because the operator forgets to ask? Just too bad?

I trained a supervisor today. She was 3.15-9.15 with me as an extra shift, and she's senior casual atm so the CSM must have sacrificed shit to do it. It was great. She's gunna be me but with breasts. My supervisor training guide went down a treat with the CSM.

Also loss prevention was in today to sack someone. It was awesome. When she left she presented her bags and I was like "i better check your document wallet too, you could probs fit some DVDs in there lulz" and the she said she hoped i was that thorough with everyone, which she knew I wasn't which is why the person who got the sack got away with stealing cigs every night. Lol.

HSC
On EDR. Not F$C. So what happens if the EDR isn't scanned because the operator forgets to ask? Just too bad?
Pretty much.
Anyway, after my store whored me out to another store, saying I'd "definitely close for them", they rang me asking me to work this arvo. Err, I'm either N/A (which I was, I usually work wednesdays), or working at the other store.
Retards.

danberg

HSC
well back in the days of enthusiasm, I would say we could refund it all, and process it again....but then I did it once and realised what a waste of time it was.
So now its just 'oh sorry, nothing we can do unfortunately'

For anyone still that enthusiastic!
just look at the receipt, take note of any multibuys
SVR Menu - RETURN SALE
SCAN EVERYTHING (for multibuy items enter the price for singles)
THEN refund to cash
next transaction, just scan everything again- pay by cash
SCAN EVERYDAY REWARDS CARD (lol once i did all the above without scanning EDR!)

HSC
well back in the days of enthusiasm, I would say we could refund it all, and process it again....but then I did it once and realised what a waste of time it was.
So now its just 'oh sorry, nothing we can do unfortunately'

For anyone still that enthusiastic!
just look at the receipt, take note of any multibuys
SVR Menu - RETURN SALE
SCAN EVERYTHING (for multibuy items enter the price for singles)
THEN refund to cash
next transaction, just scan everything again- pay by cash
SCAN EVERYDAY REWARDS CARD (lol once i did all the above without scanning EDR!)
yep, too much effort. I would NEVER do that, though I have seen my 2IC do it.

HSC
Sorry guys, this is going to be a bit of a rant...
So yesterday I find out that they're training up another supervisor who's only been working for like 6 months. Just before that they'd trained up someone else who'd only been there a year. Now, I think these two are perfectly capable at supervising front end, and they'll do a good job, but I just feel a bit lost at the moment. There are at least 2 other people as well as myself on frontend who have been working there for 2-4 years. We're all around the same age as the new supervisors and we have had more experience and yet we keep getting overlooked, and I don't really understand what I can do to change that. Because as it is, I feel like I'm getting nowhere with Woolworths. I've felt for a while now that my job has become too easy and I wanted to become supervisor to have more of a challenge with different tasks etc. I've really tried to prove myself more to my CSM and other supervisors but nothing seems to work, so I really don't know if I should just quit.

HSC
Sorry guys, this is going to be a bit of a rant...
So yesterday I find out that they're training up another supervisor who's only been working for like 6 months. Just before that they'd trained up someone else who'd only been there a year. Now, I think these two are perfectly capable at supervising front end, and they'll do a good job, but I just feel a bit lost at the moment. There are at least 2 other people as well as myself on frontend who have been working there for 2-4 years. We're all around the same age as the new supervisors and we have had more experience and yet we keep getting overlooked, and I don't really understand what I can do to change that. Because as it is, I feel like I'm getting nowhere with Woolworths. I've felt for a while now that my job has become too easy and I wanted to become supervisor to have more of a challenge with different tasks etc. I've really tried to prove myself more to my CSM and other supervisors but nothing seems to work, so I really don't know if I should just quit.
I hate that feeling! It irritates me too, don't worry :)
I worked with this kid who was made like a night supervisor from 18:00-21:00 for a bit and he was horrendous at the job! he quit after 3 months of doing that job haha never liked him :p

HSC
Thank you =] Someone understands where I'm coming from...

But honestly...I helped train these girls on checkouts and now they're supervisors. It just doesn't seem right >.<

lordtopcat

Woolworths Bitch
HSC
Unfortunately, in this business it's not what you know it's who you know. So guaranteed 327% if there is someone there who is 'friends' with the CSM but even though you are the more experienced, they will get the position over you.

Same example has happened to me. I was one of the 5 people who applied for Produce Manager, and as 2IC with 2 years experience in the job I (as well as others) thought I would be the right choice.

Wrong.

One of the office cashiers got the job, want to know why? She is friends with the store manager outside of work. (She goes drinking with his wife, babysits their kid etc)

Was this decision logical? No. The SM gave me these two excuses - I was too young. Well hello, the cashier is only a year older than I am. Second excuse - I didn't have enough experience. Well hello, I've got more experience than she has.

So again, it goes back to the - it's not what you know it's who you know.

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
Unfortunately, in this business it's not what you know it's who you know. So guaranteed 327% if there is someone there who is 'friends' with the CSM but even though you are the more experienced, they will get the position over you.

Same example has happened to me. I was one of the 5 people who applied for Produce Manager, and as 2IC with 2 years experience in the job I (as well as others) thought I would be the right choice.

Wrong.

One of the office cashiers got the job, want to know why? She is friends with the store manager outside of work. (She goes drinking with his wife, babysits their kid etc)

Was this decision logical? No. The SM gave me these two excuses - I was too young. Well hello, the cashier is only a year older than I am. Second excuse - I didn't have enough experience. Well hello, I've got more experience than she has.

So again, it goes back to the - it's not what you know it's who you know.
That not only applies for woolies, but every other private business out there.

HSC
Yeah, I know what you mean. Kinda sucks it has to be this way though...
So I don't know, do you guys think I should stay on and keep trying? I'm kind of thinking like, it's been 3 years, what's the chance it'll happen if it hasn't already? So yeah, just really unsure about what I should do..

ytrbut

HSC
Is your CSM the sort of person who you'd feel comfortable discussing this with? If it's either become a supervisor or quit, you've really got nothing to lose by talking with them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)