The Woolworths Thread (2 Viewers)

HSC
WA kids who do smokeshop - heads up.

According to our Compliance Officer (Ben you know who I'm talking about ;)), the health department has been given permission to send under 18's out to buy smokes and test us. I know they've been allowed to do it before (coz I passed one of their tests many years ago), but yeah, be extra strict on ID's for the next six months.

bensneddon

HSC
Store Release 10.0 Rollout Schedule
There have already been a number of stores which have been upgraded in the Pilot program, and I can't be bothered listing all of them. Here is the main contents of the rollout schedule...

1/6/2010 Region 8
2/6/2010 Region 7
3/6/2010 Region 6 and Region 3
4/6/2010 Region 5 and Region 4
5/6/2010 1248 Town Hall
8/6/2010 Region 10
9/6/2010 Region 9
10/6/2010 Region 2
11/6/2010 Region 1

bensneddon

HSC
WA kids who do smokeshop - heads up.

According to our Compliance Officer (Ben you know who I'm talking about ;)), the health department has been given permission to send under 18's out to buy smokes and test us. I know they've been allowed to do it before (coz I passed one of their tests many years ago), but yeah, be extra strict on ID's for the next six months.
Heh, oh well that kind of thing is nothing new. The Licensing Enforcement Division of WA Police has been known to do this with liquor stores as well. If you follow ID25, there shouldn't be any problems.

TG Fan

HSC
N/A
Are you kidding?! Lol!! What happens if someone hits cash instead of eft?! Haha. Heres how to do it:
say the purchase was $10.08 and the operator hits $10.10 cash instead of etf.
You go supervisor menu --> tender swap --> and then it comes up with a blue screen, you type in $10.10 (rounding is required, or type whatever amount they hit) ---> press cash button on right sidexof the screen---> amount to be deducted from eft, $10.08 in this case ---> press eft button -->enter --> process as normal.

Easy as pieeee! Lol
Easy as pie yes, for those of us who have more than one brain cell, but believe me there have been some major stuff ups in our store done by supervisors using the tender swap. We are now not allowed to do them.

If the operator hits cash instead of eft, the easiest way to rectify the problem is to do a cash purchase using eft.

HSC
Heh, oh well that kind of thing is nothing new. The Licensing Enforcement Division of WA Police has been known to do this with liquor stores as well. If you follow ID25, there shouldn't be any problems.
I thought they were already allowed to do it, but anyway. But I promise she was her usual terrifying self when she told me :rolleyes:. Takes her job VERY seriously that one...

NNS7

HSC
N/A
Changes with Store Release 10.0:
POS
-Remove RTC Supervisor approval from POS
Does this mean that operators can put through RTC's again?

Screen resolution has been changed to accommodate the new WOW Labour Planning system.

Stock Management and ISIS do not resize, so these applications will appear smaller.

People Planner and Back Office can be expanded to full screen by pressing Alt + Enter
Well I guess that makes sense, but its still annoying, its stock management and corecomms that I can't see. at least they haven't shrunk host too much.

Harry778

HSC
zomg zomg zomg

first time ever since i've been supervising thursday nights that i've gotten out on time.
i'm so amazed :p
problem is, now that i've done it once, they're going to expect that every week.

also, only one customer commented on how ugly my stripe shirt is. not too bad.
Not even going to bother with the stripey shirt. I'm gonna stretch wearing the green vest as faaaaarrr as possible. Everyone is still wearing them at my store. Except the 3ic, she says she gets more people asking her questions cos customers know what it means..haha! BUT, my CSM wears the stripey shirt with the vest over it..which I think is a good idea, so you can identify the CSM if ALL the managers are wearing stripey shirts. I might do that actually too.

HSC
Not even going to bother with the stripey shirt. I'm gonna stretch wearing the green vest as faaaaarrr as possible. Everyone is still wearing them at my store. Except the 3ic, she says she gets more people asking her questions cos customers know what it means..haha! BUT, my CSM wears the stripey shirt with the vest over it..which I think is a good idea, so you can identify the CSM if ALL the managers are wearing stripey shirts. I might do that actually too.
Our previous SSM told us that we were expected to have one once the backorder issues we cleared, and be wearing it whenever you're on the roster as a supervisor. In saying that though, the only people in our store that have them is our SM, STM, Service 2IC, and two pt supervisors. We never wore vests though, our CSM might have worn hers if there was a managers visit. Maybe.

It looks better IRL than in the pictures, I think that the foul pictures have built it up as some kind of horrid punishment.

bensneddon

HSC
Does this mean that operators can put through RTC's again?
No, afaik it means that when a RTC barcode is scanned and it is a reduction greater than 60% there will not be a control check displayed.

Well I guess that makes sense, but its still annoying, its stock management and corecomms that I can't see. at least they haven't shrunk host too much.
CoreComms is an IE based application. You should be able to zoom using the Ctrl & + shortcut, however this may be restricted.

Last edited:
HSC
the thing that asks for a supervisor code "control check" on those reduced items is fucking annoying

it happened to me like 6 times in 15 mins... i think the supervisor hated me by the 6th time
Yeah I reckon we should just use our number like on self serve

HSC
No, afaik it means that when a RTC barcode is scanned and it is a reduction greater than 60% there will not be a control check displayed.
Yay!
I always found that whole thing ridiculous since the RTC stickers were introduced. It's not as if they're being manually entered anymore. Getting numbers every time sucked.

britto89

HSC
-Day-type-month reintroduced to shelf label
What is a Day-type-month? Is that the code on a shelf ticket i could never understand. I knew the reference number, OM, source, price, CUP, etc. but never the code that had random numbers and letters.

-SRT indicator on multibuy ticket
And an SRT indicator?? I like knowing what is on the tickets but haven't heard that abbreviation before.

Britto

bensneddon

HSC
What is a Day-type-month? Is that the code on a shelf ticket i could never understand. I knew the reference number, OM, source, price, CUP, etc. but never the code that had random numbers and letters.
I've never been sure what day-type-month is for, but it appears after the reference number on the ticket and looks like "14R12"

And an SRT indicator?? I like knowing what is on the tickets but haven't heard that abbreviation before.
SRT = Shelf Ready Tray

It appears as a black square with a white "T" inside it.

ekul444

HSC
N/A
SCO
-Changes to wording on payment screen
does this include rounding the total once a customer has hit 'cash'? cause i have had so many people call me over and ask how are they supposed to pay $1.02. lol

-Processing payment screen on credit card signatures
does this include a button for them to push once they've signed (like NCRSCO did), so that they know it has worked and we need to approve it?

-Product ID Test at POS
how will the produce ID tests at POS work - will there be a picture come up and you have to type in what it is? or select from a list what it is??

HSC
Oh produce test, how i haven't done one in ages, last time I did one I ended up on self-serve/ supervision that night good fun

bensneddon

HSC
does this include rounding the total once a customer has hit 'cash'? cause i have had so many people call me over and ask how are they supposed to pay $1.02. lol
There is a change in wording on the Debit Screen. It now reads Sale + $ instead of Total + $

does this include a button for them to push once they've signed (like NCRSCO did), so that they know it has worked and we need to approve it?
A "Payment in Progress" screen now appears after a signature is approved by SCO attendants.

how will the produce ID tests at POS work - will there be a picture come up and you have to type in what it is? or select from a list what it is??
Product ID tests will be accessed from the home screen of POS (ie. a third option will be added to the existing 'Sign On' and 'Menu' screen).

Tests will be administered from a link through Citrix on store workstations.

Currently, this feature is not in use due to performance issues causing dealys at the POS.

I don't know too much about this feature yet... will find out some more info. From memory, all service cashiers are required to do is match the picture with the name.

Last edited:

SS-champion

HSC
Sounds like some great changes are happening. My store got the upgrade last night, went in today... noticed the Qantas points info on the SCO and customer screens... hopefully customers will realise what they are missing out on now!... not sure about the smaller font on receipts... thay are tiny now.

Working all day tomorrow Supervision... so I'll see how it goes :)

HSC
Yeah i noticed Qantas points thing on self serve too and they have changed the font on the receipt for "FRESH FOOD PEOPLE" little strange hmm

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)