The Woolworths Thread (4 Viewers)

BSammy

HSC
Could someone please help clarify this for me: " An employee who works ordinary hours on a Sunday shall be given 3
consecutive days off which shall include Saturday and Sunday, once
every 4 weeks. By mutual agreement alternative arrangements may
apply
." I'm full time, And I am currently contracted to work every sunday. does this affect me?

If your contract says you aren't getting these days off then you've signed agreeing to the alternate arrangement.
(I've also seen a contract sheet with a tick box for every condition like this that can be chosen not to apply)

If you regularly get new rosters and you want this to apply to you then I'd mention it before they just give you a new roster to sign.
As far as I know you don't get paid for these days off, it's just to ensure that if someone is giving up a sunday then they get compensated elsewhen.

Does that make sense to anyone? If someone has a different interpretation then post it!

britto89

HSC
3% pay rise per year, not sure about other changes but the draft EBA is apparently floating around. Voting is August 20-Sept 7 instore.
Well it has to at least rock up in store by the 20th August. I'll have a look next time i'm working to see if i can find a copy.

britto89

HSC
Well it has to at least rock up in store by the 20th August. I'll have a look next time i'm working to see if i can find a copy.
Had a bit of a look tonight at work and couldn't find a copy of the draft EBA. Also, two things in relation to the new phone system. firstly with the current system and how some people have complained about the "Night Service" prompt being in the way at anytime you can press the Enter button (inbetween the two arrows) to clear it away. so if the phone is ringing you can press it to see who is ringing you (either a transfer or an internal one).

In relation to ECM i'm a little bit sad that my old store area is actually a pilot store for it. although most stores will probably see it in september.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Could someone please help clarify this for me: " An employee who works ordinary hours on a Sunday shall be given 3
consecutive days off which shall include Saturday and Sunday, once
every 4 weeks. By mutual agreement alternative arrangements may
apply
." I'm full time, And I am currently contracted to work every sunday. does this affect me?
Yes, theoretically you should be given a full weekend off every month, however the fact you signed the original contract is their butt cover as you have "agreed" to that - this was my experience as somebody who worked every Sunday for more than 5 years

readmod

Banned
HSC
N/A
Yes, theoretically you should be given a full weekend off every month, however the fact you signed the original contract is their butt cover as you have "agreed" to that - this was my experience as somebody who worked every Sunday for more than 5 years
Townie is right.

You could be getting those days, but your contract has an "alternative arrangement"

BSammy

HSC
(I was right first :p )

Basically it boils down to, is getting the sunday pay rates every week more important.

quick90

HSC
Thanks guys for the replies! I have been given a new contract, as they want me to do a close every week.
The box that says "by mutial agreement i agree to forego the 3 consecutive days off, which include saturday & sunday, once every four weeks..." has not been ticked. Does this mean I'm in my right to ask for a sunday off once a month? how does it work, one week a month you only work, say 30hrs instead of 38?

The sunday rates really don't bother me, I was quite happy on my tue-sat roster.

I really don't mean to sound like I'm making a big deal over nothing. It's just that 4 new contracts in about 2 months, kinda gets a bit annoying after a while. feel like a casual sometimes.

britto89

HSC
Thanks guys for the replies! I have been given a new contract, as they want me to do a close every week.
The box that says "by mutial agreement i agree to forego the 3 consecutive days off, which include saturday & sunday, once every four weeks..." has not been ticked. Does this mean I'm in my right to ask for a sunday off once a month? how does it work, one week a month you only work, say 30hrs instead of 38?

The sunday rates really don't bother me, I was quite happy on my tue-sat roster.

I really don't mean to sound like I'm making a big deal over nothing. It's just that 4 new contracts in about 2 months, kinda gets a bit annoying after a while. feel like a casual sometimes.
I don't think the tick box is very important. What is important is the 4 week cycle detailed on the form. Like someone said, if you've put a 1 week cycle in the roster section and signed off on it then you are essentially signing away your sundays. if however you had a 4 week cycle where you worked sundays weeks 1 - 3 but on week 4 didn't then thats different.

jgibson0011

HSC
N/A
Anybody else having their self serve shift hours changed?
Yes, mine were altered slightly, but I'm not exactly sure why. CSM told me that it was a decision made by management because few people use SCO after 9pm, and would now be unmanned after 9. Seems like more cost cutting by the company. Not sure how much more of it I can handle. I took a month off to recharge, and work on one of my TAFE assignments. I go back next week, but looks like my store got that new phone system everyones been complaining about. So, not really looking forward to it!!

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
Yep, so for a 7am-10pm store, the shifts will be:

AM Open
0800-1600 (as opposed to 0630-1500. Nobody in self serve before 8am)

PM Close
1600-2100 (as opposed to 1500-2230. Nobody in self serve after 9pm)

Supervisor stays back until 11pm instead of 10.30pm to close self serve alone. Now this is stupid because they wanted the supervisor + sco person to close due to loss prevention issues and now they're cutting that self serve person, meaning the supervisor will be alone.. Silly.

readmod

Banned
HSC
N/A
Yep, so for a 7am-10pm store, the shifts will be:

AM Open
0800-1600 (as opposed to 0630-1500. Nobody in self serve before 8a
m)

PM Close
1600-2100 (as opposed to 1500-2230. Nobody in self serve after 9pm)

Supervisor stays back until 11pm instead of 10.30pm to close self serve alone. Now this is stupid because they wanted the supervisor + sco person to close due to loss prevention issues and now they're cutting that self serve person, meaning the supervisor will be alone.. Silly.
Along? really without any managers?

the way to go

HSC
we've got paid meetings in our store soon to discuss the new EBA agreement, i think ill go to the meeting on a sunday ;)

really?! no one on self serve for 4 hours a day?! well then im going to refuse customers assistance and allow, no, encourage them to steal. thats just bullshiz. what the hell are they thinking?!
cost cutting can only go so far. why should i care about my customers and my company when corporate doesnt even care?!
frick it, just make a staff-less store already, its exactly what theyre going for by the sounds of it.

(btw anyone else got problems with coca-cola company 600mL drinks on self serve? it never allows them in the bagging area for us...)

nanakid12

HSC
This cost cutting is ridiculous. I can't wait until Masters can actually support itself so that the supermarket profits can actually be spent on the supermarkets.

Last edited:

britto89

HSC
if i were a moderator i'd probably be deleting the last few posts relating to the weight restrictions. just saying.

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
Why? Every person who uses the machine can CLEARLY see that there is no weight restrictions. It was the companies choice to do it, I'll post it all I want :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)