The Woolworths Thread (3 Viewers)

nanakid12

HSC
The most recent music I've noticed is Carly Ray Jepson's Call Me Maybe and Payphone by Maroon 5. AND I STILL HEARD THAT GODDAMN "WATERMELON MAN" by the Gun Club the other day.

IT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE DELETED IMMEDIATELY LAST YEAR.

quick90

HSC
Must be a weekend thing, Songs were back to the usual ones today.

Some that I can remember from yesterday:

N.E.R.D. - Everyone Nose
Mariah Carey - Obsessed
Mariah Carey - Touch My Body
Selena Gomez - Who Says
50 Cent / Justin Timberlake - Ayo Technology
Rihanna - Rude Boy
Rihanna - Umbrella
Rihanna - Take A Bow
Rihanna - Hard
Orianthi - According to You
Lady Gaga - Bad romance
Lady Gaga - Alejandro
Lady Gaga - Love game
Kesha & Taio Cruz - Dirty Picture
Ellie Gaulding - Lights (this song seems to play at night)
Kanye West - Flashing Lights
Kanye West & Rihanna - All of the Lights

nanakid12

HSC
How come you lot still get such awesome music? Is that just dependant on which state?

I know someone at a store in Brisbane who reckons that they're still on the uber-ancient one from the start of last year... is there a manual way to change the radio station in the Communication Room, or does it all happen automatically?

powlmao

Banned
HSC
How come you lot still get such awesome music? Is that just dependant on which state?

I know someone at a store in Brisbane who reckons that they're still on the uber-ancient one from the start of last year... is there a manual way to change the radio station in the Communication Room, or does it all happen automatically?
We get music from the 1950;s and 1940's

:(

nanakid12

HSC
So whats been happening lately everyone?

I got in trouble for asking a customer if they would like a receipt the other day.

Highlight of my life.

BSammy

HSC
feel so busy every night i work. feeling over it. will probably leave by the end of the year

bensneddon

HSC
A few interesting things happening soon.

Store Release 12.07. Some interesting new features including the ability to generate a barcode to acknowledge requests for supervisor privileges (not for sign on though). For those interested, have a look under storenet > supermarkets > policies & procedures > admin > store release

Also Cisco ECM. We're migrating from Cisco Call Manager Express to Enterprise Call Manager. Basically all VoIP will be routed through Norwest. As a result, the publicly listed phone number of the store will change, night mode will be no longer, and the best feature (imo) is the ability to call any extension in any store directly. E.g if I want to call the service desk at Palmyra in Region 1, I would dial 40 (speed dial code) 4302 (store number) 103 (extension number) so 404302103. Pretty useful!

If anyone wants more details, let me know.

bensneddon

HSC
That's awesome. Why is night switch being taken off? What will happen there?
Basically, the store will be issued a new phone number which will become the publicly listed number (phone book, receipt header etc.) This new number will follow a 'new and improved' call path. First the two Invoice phones (101, 108) as well as the Duty Manager cordless (124) will ring, if no answer after 20 seconds, the call will divert to the service desk (103), and after another 20 seconds, to the Store Manager (121).

Another 'internal' number will be created, which will automatically go to a special 'hunt group' which rings all phones in the store. This number will be made available to CMS, the Service Desk etc.

BSammy

HSC
i'm glad it will ring the duty managers phone 20 seconds before ours, then the lazy bastard might actually answer it

bensneddon

HSC
i'm glad it will ring the duty managers phone 20 seconds before ours, then the lazy bastard might actually answer it
The duty manager seems a more appropriate choice than going straight to the store manager (if no answer from invoice) like it currently is

T 360

One of the Fresh Food Peo
HSC
The Cisco phones are so crap. The best thing they could do would be replacing them and giving us our old phones back. So many staff members (myself included) have said that they have had to ring 8-10 times to get through to the store. And its not because our lines are busy,the calls just don't come through. I had a staff member whinge at me on the phone the other day about not answering, but I was by the phone the whole time and it never rang once. They really should just leave things bloody well alone.

And that's going to be great. Give us all a new phone number. That's not going to confuse people at all,right? No,not much! Bloody hell.....

BSammy

HSC
to be fair it sounds like this time they realised 'oh, our new phones are pretty crap' and they are working on a better system for them

and as long as they COMMUNICATE(learn to do this, everyone at woolworths, not just at store level) new numbers won't be a problem, because these sound like smarter new numbers.

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
The Cisco phones are so crap. The best thing they could do would be replacing them and giving us our old phones back. So many staff members (myself included) have said that they have had to ring 8-10 times to get through to the store. And its not because our lines are busy,the calls just don't come through. I had a staff member whinge at me on the phone the other day about not answering, but I was by the phone the whole time and it never rang once. They really should just leave things bloody well alone.

And that's going to be great. Give us all a new phone number. That's not going to confuse people at all,right? No,not much! Bloody hell.....
If the phones aren't on night switch, it won't ring the service desk phone. That's probably why. We've had no problems of missing calls when night switch is on.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)