The Woolworths Thread (2 Viewers)

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
In my state, duty manager is classified as EBA employee 5b and is paid a base rate of $23.09 irrespective of age.
Salary is impossible to tell because every person can be different. It all depends on how many days you work, how generous your store manager is and how generous your HR rep is. I'd expect 45-55k for fulltime (minimum/starting) DM salary.

Last edited:

sb26

HSC
First time supervising tonight! Was fun actually, but got annoying how many times various people made comments about my face, mannerisms, etc -- cheer up don't stress etc, ergh enough please you're not helping. But yeah once I got into it, was fine.

We have an alarm clock that goes off every hour to remind service staff to call Service 6 safety check every hour... In angst at how annoying it was I threw it in the bin... then forgot that when I took out the bins. Lol.

nanakid12

HSC
Congrats :) sounds like it was a good night.
Just outta curiosity, how old are you? (I'm turning 19 in July of you're wondering ha

Did anyone else's store wage budget get severely cut back, permanently? Like, not just for end of financial year, actually permanently? :( it really sucks

Last edited:

sb26

HSC
Congrats :) sounds like it was a good night.
Just outta curiosity, how old are you? (I'm turning 19 in July of you're wondering ha)

I'm starting to get sick of supervising, but I need the extra money haha.
I'm 18, 19 in september. And while I shouldn't give details because I think it's still ongoing, I'll be supervising more nights soon as the old night svr was fired recently. Shouldn't give any hints but, yikes.

I took up tickets a couple of weeks ago, sort of because I thought there'd be an off chance I'd eventually spark interest in the right people about cash office. Well it only took two shifts before they offered me full time SSA :DD But for aforementioned reasons and instability in our dept including other people leaving etc I'm not going to take it up just yet.

That's the goss from our store from the moment :) And yeah the money is unbeatable and even more so considering we get full adult wage.

the way to go

HSC
anyone know if its possible to program the main phones for either contacts or speed dial, its a pain in the butt when we need security quickly, and have to find the phone book, look up the number, type it in, get an error cause you forgot the 0 at the start to dial out, retype it in properly, and watch as the under-age teens run off with a bunch of beer before it even starts ringing... any ideas? haha

(unfortunately we have to call westfield security, they dont like us dealing with police and ambulances which i find really weird, they like to "take care of things")

britto89

HSC
I would ask the security guards if they have a spare radio you can have at the service desk. as for the speed dial question i suggest you talk to your store manager about it as they can always put in a support request to IT.

I think it would be possible, perhaps just like **4000 gets the helpdesk they could setup a speed dial specific to your store to call security.

sb26

HSC
anyone know if its possible to program the main phones for either contacts or speed dial, its a pain in the butt when we need security quickly, and have to find the phone book, look up the number, type it in, get an error cause you forgot the 0 at the start to dial out, retype it in properly, and watch as the under-age teens run off with a bunch of beer before it even starts ringing... any ideas? haha

(unfortunately we have to call westfield security, they dont like us dealing with police and ambulances which i find really weird, they like to "take care of things")
Speed dial thing on the phone would be a great feature, although personally I got sick of the dialling and just found it easier to add westfield security to my own phone and just call whenever needed from it.

britto89

HSC
Speed dial thing on the phone would be a great feature, although personally I got sick of the dialling and just found it easier to add westfield security to my own phone and just call whenever needed from it.
Well that is always another option. I wish Woolworths would liase with shopping centres better and look at having a radio at the service desk to make communicating with plaza management and security easier.

moleman_1

HSC
N/A
Hi everyone,

I recently got accepted a job position at Woolworths. I was told to register at www.allyours.com to complete my online induction before my first shift (which is in 2 days). However, upon trying to register, I am unable to as it gives me a message saying that my details do not match the records. Can anybody help me solve this issue?

Thanks in advance.

BSammy

HSC
I tried to register someone for it (our store has a bunch of old people struggling with computers) they'd moved and hadn't updated their address in the system. so make sure you're using the right postcode they have on record. if it doesn't work at all, maybe call your store, double check they have your details correct.

moleman_1

HSC
N/A
I tried to register someone for it (our store has a bunch of old people struggling with computers) they'd moved and hadn't updated their address in the system. so make sure you're using the right postcode they have on record. if it doesn't work at all, maybe call your store, double check they have your details correct.
Thank a lot. I called up HR and they have the wrong post code -.-
It's all good now.
One more question though:
I ordered the polo shirt online but it says delivery wait time is 4-6 weeks. What do I wear until the shirt comes in? Or do they supply me with a shirt on my first day?

30G0947

HSC
N/A
Hi all, long story short, nightfill manager (also duty) has days off thursday and friday. Fill in manager/supervisor (also team member) is "retiring". I'm 16 and being trained to be able to run nightfill on thursdays and fridays, but it's not for sure yet. What would be the correct way for going about things in regards to the EBA? Would it be an allowance or an upgraded pay grade? I've had a quick look and under the SA/NT section it says:

"3.1.3.1 Supervisor's Allowance: (SA/NT only) A supervision allowance shall be paid for any time that an employee is in charge. Adult Supervisors Allowance…"

Does this mean that I would be paid 754.36+46.51(supervisor allowance)÷2(because I'm 16)÷38? This should work out to be an additional 62c per hour?

Also, I have a Senior First Aid certificate and none of the first aid attendants work past 10pm as the nightfill manager's expired, does this mean I could ask the store manager to be a first aid attendant or is that privilege only given to dept. managers/ duty managers?

oldmanjoe

HSC
N/A
Hi all, long story short, nightfill manager (also duty) has days off thursday and friday. Fill in manager/supervisor (also team member) is "retiring". I'm 16 and being trained to be able to run nightfill on thursdays and fridays, but it's not for sure yet. What would be the correct way for going about things in regards to the EBA? Would it be an allowance or an upgraded pay grade? I've had a quick look and under the SA/NT section it says:

"3.1.3.1 Supervisor's Allowance: (SA/NT only) A supervision allowance shall be paid for any time that an employee is in charge. Adult Supervisors Allowance…"

Does this mean that I would be paid 754.36+46.51(supervisor allowance)÷2(because I'm 16)÷38? This should work out to be an additional 62c per hour?

Also, I have a Senior First Aid certificate and none of the first aid attendants work past 10pm as the nightfill manager's expired, does this mean I could ask the store manager to be a first aid attendant or is that privilege only given to dept. managers/ duty managers?
Junior rates do not apply to Grade 3 or above rates - you will be paid ADULT rates for the time that you perform higher duties.

And in my store, the only attendants we have are Dept Managers and a Duty Manager. No harm in asking though! :)

30G0947

HSC
N/A
Junior rates do not apply to Grade 3 or above rates - you will be paid ADULT rates for the time that you perform higher duties.
Under the Grade 3 list it has:

Department Team Support
Stocktake Team Leader
Store Services Assistant
Skilled non-tradesperson:
-skilled bakery assistant
-skilled meat assistant

So then I would be classified as Department Team Support to be in grade 3?

And in my store, the only attendants we have are Dept Managers and a Duty Manager. No harm in asking though! :)
We have 3 blank spaces on the first aid attendants posters so I think I might have a chance ;)

britto89

HSC
If you can show to your store manager that there are times when you are the only person in the store with a first aid certificate in the store then you should go well in getting the allowance. If you are a supervisor and there is always a duty manager with a first aid certificate in the store at the same time you are then your chance of getting the allowance is less since the company only has to make sure at least 1 person on site is trained.

Staff victoria

HSC
Hello all

For those who are interested Woolworth are conducting a staff survey on line here http://www.allears2013.com/

I'm a Woolwoths employee in logistics in Victoria and a SDA member .just for clarity . The survey is anonymous so feel free to tell the truth :) . If I can help anyone with information I will . Good to be on board

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)