The Woolworths Thread (2 Viewers)

nanakid12

HSC
Deets?!

Oh yeah that's right you were asking about notice and stuff.

That must be a good feeling ha

T_Knight

HSC
Quit my job today. Laterz
GL man. Several full-time staff also quit at our store in the past week or so. Massive holes all over the roster + dept managers being told they can't rehire new staff due to budgetary wage constraints means i'm getting calls at bloody 7:30am EVERY morning from CSM to come in. Good thing i set my phone to automatically divert all calls to messagebank :awesome:

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
Hahaha yeahhh. Roster for my department is depeleted. Complete staff shortage. With the current members they can't even work the number of hours required without breaking the award agreement for max amount of hours per day/week

vision53

HSC
N/A
Hi.

I am part time working with the LongLife team in my store. I was given a hard copy of the AutoStockR guide by my SM and told to get familiar with it. On page 4 there are 3 reference documents under the heading "Foundations for AutoStockR".

One is for Fresh food depts so I don't suppose I need it. I was given another.

There is a reference to a document called "Stock Management Principles SMP" which the guide states is key to maintaining accurate SOH.

I would like to be familiar with it, but have been told it's not available. I also can't help but wonder if there are better training manuals for those involved with AutoStockR than the ASR Guide as it looks more like a reference for those who have been trained.
Hey, I've been trying to understand the AutoStockR system with regard to MPL's and CAP's (what are they?)and my arrogant manager seems to think that I should know it all by now even though I was only first shown what to do a few days ago.

Xantios

HSC
N/A
Hey, I've been trying to understand the AutoStockR system with regard to MPL's and CAP's (what are they?)and my arrogant manager seems to think that I should know it all by now even though I was only first shown what to do a few days ago.
SOH is simply the stock on hand. The total number of units. If you have ten bottles of lemonade on a shelf, and a carton of twelve in the back dock your SOH count would be 22.

The CAP is the shelf capacity. How many bottles of lemonade fit on the shelf? Suppose it's 20.

The OM of an item is the carton capacity. The box of lemonade has 12 bottles, for example.

The MPL is the minimum amount of product remaining before another carton is ordered. This is typically 1/4th or 15/th the shelf capacity. If your shelf of lemonade holds 20 bottles, then the MPL should be 5. When your SOH count gets down to 5, another carton should be ordered. This, in theory, should maintain a constant supply of the lemonade for our customers, without burdening us with too much inventory of said lemonade.

Hope this makes some sense. Some Woolworths managers make out that Autostockr is the best thing since sliced bread. I tend to find it's the exact opposite. I used to work for an independent, and we would do the orders manually with RF guns. It took a bit of time, but it was so much more accurate.

nanakid12

HSC
Hey guys,
Any idea how you go about getting someone banned from the store? I have asked this before, but I need to ask again.

There is someone who continually tries to buy cigarettes who is not 18. I am going to threaten him to be banned from the store next time he does it. If he does it again after that though, how do you go about getting him banned?
Thanks

Last edited:

vision53

HSC
N/A
SOH is simply the stock on hand. The total number of units. If you have ten bottles of lemonade on a shelf, and a carton of twelve in the back dock your SOH count would be 22.

The CAP is the shelf capacity. How many bottles of lemonade fit on the shelf? Suppose it's 20.

The OM of an item is the carton capacity. The box of lemonade has 12 bottles, for example.

The MPL is the minimum amount of product remaining before another carton is ordered. This is typically 1/4th or 15/th the shelf capacity. If your shelf of lemonade holds 20 bottles, then the MPL should be 5. When your SOH count gets down to 5, another carton should be ordered. This, in theory, should maintain a constant supply of the lemonade for our customers, without burdening us with too much inventory of said lemonade.

Hope this makes some sense. Some Woolworths managers make out that Autostockr is the best thing since sliced bread. I tend to find it's the exact opposite. I used to work for an independent, and we would do the orders manually with RF guns. It took a bit of time, but it was so much more accurate.
Thanks for your help Xantios your're a lifesaver. Out of curiosity though, if you only change the CAP and not the MPL, will the system order a new carton? because I know that Woolworths is getting very picky about their ordering system. ie if CAP is currently say 20 and is changed to 24

bernie14

HSC
Can anybody tell me what this means? It was under my name in the roster for self-serve.

11:00A - 4:00P
Front End/Team
SUP-PT-SUN100-PH
OFF

bernie14

HSC
Actually, don't worry. Just realised I asked for that day (Queens Birthday) off, so that's what it means.

Katebrunner

HSC
How's everything going on here? I had to leave for a while cos I got cyber bullied and noone stood up for me but now I'm back. Whats happening in the world of woolworths?

BSammy

HSC
Can anybody tell me what this means? It was under my name in the roster for self-serve.

11:00A - 4:00P
Front End/Team
SUP-PT-SUN100-PH
OFF
It looks like you're contracted for an 11-4 shift, but because of the public holiday (queens birthday i think) you have the day off, paid.

EDIT: oops didn't see the next page.

Last edited:

Xantios

HSC
N/A
Thanks for your help Xantios your're a lifesaver. Out of curiosity though, if you only change the CAP and not the MPL, will the system order a new carton? because I know that Woolworths is getting very picky about their ordering system. ie if CAP is currently say 20 and is changed to 24
If you changed the CAP from 20 to 24 then the correct thing to do would be to increase the MPL also, to 6. This would maintain the MPL at 1/4th the CAP.

If you simply altered the CAP without adjusting the MPL then an order shouldn't be generated. The order should only be generated when the SOH count drops to the MPL. This wouldn't be the case if an item is on special, obviously.

Last edited:

FrontendFreak

HSC
They need someone to pick up the company and do new and exciting things to compete with Coles! Our new stores look ok but they can't compete with Coles' awesome new store designs with the cafes at the bakery.

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
They need someone to pick up the company and do new and exciting things to compete with Coles! Our new stores look ok but they can't compete with Coles' awesome new store designs with the cafes at the bakery.
Don't forget Aldi and lidl, which are both taking market share

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)