The Woolworths Thread (1 Viewer)

Katebrunner

HSC
Today is the day when current and former employees are required to submit their stories

Speed6

Retired '16
HSC
N/A
It's late night Thursday so I think most of them are working

nanakid12

HSC
There was a lady who went off at me as there was no price sign on our tomatoes. That's my story.

Brad727

HSC
A man went off at me because I gave him his $5 change shriveled up, on express... Why do most of the disputes happen on express????!
Customers who cant read signs properly eg someone thought 5 bars where $10 but nup, had to void them all, but void function didn't work apparently or I didn't do it properly and still showed on her receipt, now my ass CSM's annoyed at me.
Worst, customer, ever.....

Speed6

Retired '16
HSC
N/A
You should of slapped him right across the face for being a nuisance

bernie14

HSC
Last night was one of the more challenging shifts I've had in my time at Woolworths.

Was being trained for supervision, so we had four people on instead of the normal three. However, just an hour after our shift started, one of the girls started having a panic attack, and had to be taken upstairs by the supervisor where they both stayed for over an hour, meaning there was just one person in express and me in self-serve. Couldn't count any of the registers while this was happening, meaning we were falling further and further behind, not to mention having a lady call and ask if I could scour the carpark for a lost iPhone :shy:

Anyway, supervisor finally came back down, other girl went home, so we were down to three. Given how far behind we were, the supervisor chose to do all the jobs herself, which is fair enough as she is quicker at spot-checking than me, but I was a little annoyed given I had plans for last night but chose to work because I needed the training, which I didn't end up receiving.

Then just after midnight, we realised the person working overnight hadn't come in yet, so we tried calling him countless times, but no answer. Called our service manager, said that one of us would have to stay back otherwise we'd have to close the store. The other two workers couldn't stay, so I volunteered, despite how tired and sore I was.

Overnight person goes home at 7:15am, but I had to leave at 5:30 otherwise I would've gone beyond the 10 hour mark. So I had to call the two girls that started at 6, and ask if they could come in half an hour early, which luckily both agreed to. Not sure what would've happened if I had to stay past 5:30, whether I would've gotten in trouble or not.

Finally got home this morning, feeling very tired and weary after 10 hours with just a 15 minute tea break. In return for staying back and working an extra shift, my service manager offered to replace my shifts for the coming week, which I took her up on. Will be good to have a few days off!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)