HSC
N/A
Why are you reminding me for?

I'm the one that reminds everyone.

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
Story time; my 3rd ever shift. They told me to do openning. And i fkd up. Coz they gave me no training and i was by myself.

Brad727

HSC
I did 39.83 hours last week, how's that for a story?
Anyone know why my hourly rate went up from $16.10 to $16.95? (I'm 19 BTW) anyone else get a pay-rise?
First time I've earned more than $700 :p accept when Tone Abit taxes it. :(

nanakid12

HSC
Lucky you. I'm never allowed to work more than 38 hours a week for overtime.
And no I didn't :/

Brad727

HSC
My store was desperately understaffed last week and around 4 people called in sick each day. Lol
Love working 6 days in row.

bernie14

HSC
I have my 21st next Saturday night, which I'm rostered on for a supervisor shift. Having a terrible time trying to get it covered! Five no's with one more person to ask :angryfire:

nanakid12

HSC
If it makes you feel better, I worked on my 21st a few weeks ago. I figured I couldn't get to crazy on a Tuesday night :/

Last edited:

bernie14

HSC
I just read yours is a Saturday night ha. Had any luck?

Haha yeah, this is my actual 21st birthday party, my birthday isn't until next week, which I'm also working on, which doesn't bother me. But I obviously can't miss the party!

Have contacted six of seven supervisors, all have said no. Will ask the last one tomorrow. After that, who knows? I think the service manager said if worst comes to worst she'll cover it for me, so at least I have that.

bernie14

HSC
Ooh, is it still Thursday? Just remembered a story.

Ya'know how in express there's a little ledge for a customer to put their basket where they then unload it onto the register for you to scan? Well, sometimes some customers will bypass the ledge and just put the basket on the register, and make you do all the unloading. A quick "if you wouldn't mind putting your basket down on the ledge and passing them up that would be great" does the trick. Most of the time.

This middle-aged guy came in one day last week, marched up to my register and dumped his basket right in front of me. I looked at him and said "Hey would you mind popping this down there and passing your items up to me?"

He looked at me, then at his basket, then back to me. "You want me...to unload every single item???"

"Yes?"

*Inaudible grumbling as he complied*

I can't believe how thick and lazy some customers can be.

nanakid12

HSC
I would never tell someone that! I give them the cold shoulder though if they don't unload their basket. Especially if they have been waiting in a queue for a while, they easily had time to do it.
And far out, it gives me the shits when people do it with those wheely-baskets. Like FFS it's pretty inconsiderate.

Brad727

HSC
Depends how desperate the store is. Make sure, if you do it goes to the CSM or longlife manager ect.

bernie14

HSC
No. Most people (at least in my store, and including myself) will just throw it in the bin.

Apply at wowcareers.com.au

We get quite a lot of kids hand in resumes at our service desk. They will sit on the desk for a while, and before you know it, 'Johnny Smith' is arriving for his first shift a few weeks later.

bernie14

HSC
Is anybody having trouble looking at rosters on the AllYours website? I have a 'no rosters available to download' message.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)