The Woolworths Thread (3 Viewers)

Katebrunner

HSC
Gerard Whateley (I'd call him an Australian-wide known journalist) lives not far from our store, and regularly comes in. Gary Ablett also used to live close-by, and was a regular shopper before moving to the Gold Coast.
Neva heard of them

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
Legit question. Would i get in trouble for selling my uniform on Gumtree? Got two shirts at home lying about, might as well make some money

T-R-O-L-O-L

TOO GOOD TO BE CLASSIFIED
HSC
I would buy it and wear it instore and act like a worker when I'm not. it would be perfect for theft :pirate:

undertides

HSC
Hey everyone. Hoping you Woolworths experts might be able to help me out with some advice.

I started working as a cashier just under a month ago and as someone with an anxiety disorder, I'm really not coping. The tasks are simple enough, of course, but the constant customer service and not really having a moment to breathe (my store is incredibly busy) is basically resulting in me having a panic attack for the entirety of my shift, then going home and panicking until I have to go/get called in next. I'm only casual and I'm thinking of resigning but I wanted to know how awful that would be of me just before Christmas (they just hired a handful of casuals) and the right way of doing so? My manager makes me nervous so I want to do this the proper way.

Thanks in advance.

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
Hey if your thinking of resigning. I think the procedure for casuals is to give a minimum 1hr notice LOL. For PT/FT its 2 weeks. But yeah. Write up a quick 2 sentence resignation letter. I'd recommend leaving on good terms. So give a few days notice so you don't entirely mess the roster, which I did lmao. Whole department crashed and burned. I work near my former workplace and I will never go back inside

undertides

HSC
Hey if your thinking of resigning. I think the procedure for casuals is to give a minimum 1hr notice LOL. For PT/FT its 2 weeks. But yeah. Write up a quick 2 sentence resignation letter. I'd recommend leaving on good terms. So give a few days notice so you don't entirely mess the roster, which I did lmao. Whole department crashed and burned. I work near my former workplace and I will never go back inside
Haha, oh god, I live five minutes from mine, I think I might have to avoid it forever.

Thanks for the advice!

Katebrunner

HSC
Hey everyone. Hoping you Woolworths experts might be able to help me out with some advice.

I started working as a cashier just under a month ago and as someone with an anxiety disorder, I'm really not coping. The tasks are simple enough, of course, but the constant customer service and not really having a moment to breathe (my store is incredibly busy) is basically resulting in me having a panic attack for the entirety of my shift, then going home and panicking until I have to go/get called in next. I'm only casual and I'm thinking of resigning but I wanted to know how awful that would be of me just before Christmas (they just hired a handful of casuals) and the right way of doing so? My manager makes me nervous so I want to do this the proper way.

Thanks in advance.
Maybe you can ask for a different position that will involve less customer service? Your manager should be supportive if you explain the problem

undertides

HSC
Maybe you can ask for a different position that will involve less customer service? Your manager should be supportive if you explain the problem
I spoke to one of the team support (my manager wasn't in, he never seems to be when I am) and she had me on the express lane which was a bit quieter. Still not sure it's the right fit for me, especially since they're paying no attention to my availability and now I have to move around my medical appointments.

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
NEVER explain mental issues to managers.

Fast track way of getting fired .

Tiajc

HSC
N/A
Hey guys, can someone please tell how to print out the load list for cigarettes & how to recieve them. Also how do u do a fill stock check for them & how do u print it out.

Thanks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)