The Woolworths Thread (1 Viewer)

Katebrunner

HSC
Does anyone have an advice on how to properly roll the sleeves up on the front-end shirts?? You know how it has that little strap that you are meant to button up, I find it very difficult (actually impossible) to do by myself haha :(
Get your mum or girlfriend to help

FrontEndHero

HSC
N/A
Hello everyone! I have been lurking for quite some time now and I've decided to join in. I've been working as a cashier for 4 months now in a pretty big Woolworths in a well off area, so I'll share some stories if I find the time to type them up. I don't have too many memorable encounters since a lot of customers are well mannered but there is the odd one occasionally. Pretty keen to be here though :)

Speed6

Retired '16
HSC
N/A
Hello everyone! I have been lurking for quite some time now and I've decided to join in. I've been working as a cashier for 4 months now in a pretty big Woolworths in a well off area, so I'll share some stories if I find the time to type them up. I don't have too many memorable encounters since a lot of customers are well mannered but there is the odd one occasionally. Pretty keen to be here though :)
I would like read your best stories please.

rondo96

HSC
Hi guys, i've lurked on this thread for ages and thought I should post.

19yo longlife assistant and duty manager with PLENTY of stories to tell lol

Give me a topic and i've probably got a story for it

Speed6

Retired '16
HSC
N/A
Hi guys, i've lurked on this thread for ages and thought I should post.

19yo longlife assistant and duty manager with PLENTY of stories to tell lol

Give me a topic and i've probably got a story for it
Hi there Rondo,

We welcome you to this forum, we all look forward to reading your best stories.

One of the most interesting stories that I like reading/hearing about from my friends who work at Woolies/Coles and also members of this forum are in-store thefts/catching those in the act and how they react to the situation.

Also, on a side note, what is the most expensive item you broke whilst working at Woolies?

Speed6

Retired '16
HSC
N/A
You have a weird fetish for these stories aye.
False.

I cannot confirm that I have links to Grant O'Brien's HR department run by David Guise, the director.

I cannot confirm nor deny any speculation of my involvement with Woolworths, Woolworths Limited and it's affiliated logos.

Speed6

Retired '16
HSC
N/A
One can post on any thread they like...

But how and why would that speculation you have, has got to do with anything about me having OR not having an independent/commercial affiliation to Woolworths?

BSammy

HSC
i worked on sunday so that the pay was done early. where's my fuckin money?

T_Knight

HSC
Strange. Good news is I got paid, but bad news is it's about 10 hours less than what is on the payslip lol. I'm with NAB but other team members have yet to see funds in their account (most are with CommBank). Maybe an issue at woolies state payroll dept perhaps?

undertides

HSC
My pay came in about an hour ago (9pm Wednesday.) It's usually there before midnight on Tuesday. Apparently the WoW People Portal cited "human error."

bernie14

HSC
My pay only came in this morning, I just assumed it was late due to a public holiday.

Had a girl last night steal cigarettes from me. She had a handful of groceries (nothing important, Iced Coffee, a few bags of chips etc), and then she asked for a packet of Winfield 20's. Got them for her, scanned them, handed them to her, and she put them in her handbag, as most customers do.

However, her card declined when she went to pay for it. She tried again, but got the same result. She said she'd duck out to her car and grab her other card. Yeah, she never came back.

Unsure if this was her plan all along, or she got out there, realised she had the smokes and then decided to leg it. A co-worker was next to me at the time and said it happened so quickly we both can't be blamed for not reacting until she was already out of the store.

Speed6

Retired '16
HSC
N/A
Bernie, why don't you get CCTV image of her face and pass it down to centre security as well as your LAC?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)