The Woolworths Thread (2 Viewers)

Jwri1

HSC
N/A
Hi everyone new member here,

I found this thread and it was packed with tones of great information. I have worked for woollies for about 1 year now and will soon be filling in as the inventory manager for my store for the next 3 months. I have a strong knowledge of the routines required in that role but in preparation I was hoping to learn a bit more about things I would like to know better:

Specifically I am curious about any information relating to the following:
- The LSM system (what makes it tick, i.e what impact does setting p.i is inaccurate have vs reflat stack and why might something appear repeatedly for )
- AutostockR (would love any information about mispicks and resolving errors at the warehouse level)
- gap reports (specifically curious about the following errors not in AutostockR scope and the MPL needs to be reset )
- anything you think would be helpful.

Sorry if I am asking a bunch of questions but becoming a inventory manager is ideally where I would like to head with my career so would love to hear from anyone with tips , advice or even horror stories I should be prepared for.

Thanks in advance :)

BSammy

HSC
good luck with it all, unfortunately i don't know much about that side of the business

kaitmaree77

HSC
N/A
Anyone know much about transfers? I've been in the Front End of my store for almost 2.5 years but I feel like the environment is growing toxic. Not sure I want to leave Woolies yet but maybe starting over elsewhere is the answer?

quick_throwaway

HSC
Anyone know much about transfers? I've been in the Front End of my store for almost 2.5 years but I feel like the environment is growing toxic. Not sure I want to leave Woolies yet but maybe starting over elsewhere is the answer?
how exactly in regards to toxic? Yeah same with mine.

There’s so much bitching behind people’s back, it’s honestly sad and a lot of the regular team members that have been here for 2 years, are here like 3 to 4 days every week are salty because they just hired some new kids, yes kids (18-19) who are going straight into supervisor training and they feel like it’s Just about ignoring them.

Also, the amount of favouritism...some team members are immune to serving on full service and will spend basically all their time either in self serve, doing returns, confectionary, drinks, just anything to avoid the registers. Often young females, typically not physically well built. Then you’ve got team members like me, I’ve done 4 5hour shifts this week all of it in full service. Actually I started one shift in self serve, before a different supervisor kicked me out to open another register...and then suddenly that same girl goes back in self serve again :mad2:

Like please, guys, this is exactly the kind of thing that will push me to leave. I know I’m a guy, and I have muscle, but if that’s all you see me as, and others get a bludge and get paid the exact same, this is not fair.

Last edited:

kaitmaree77

HSC
N/A
how exactly in regards to toxic? Yeah same with mine.

There’s so much bitching behind people’s back, it’s honestly sad and a lot of the regular team members that have been here for 2 years, are here like 3 to 4 days every week are salty because they just hired some new kids, yes kids (18-19) who are going straight into supervisor training and they feel like it’s Just about ignoring them.

Also, the amount of favouritism...some team members are immune to serving on full service and will spend basically all their time either in self serve, doing returns, confectionary, drinks, just anything to avoid the registers. Often young females, typically not physically well built. Then you’ve got team members like me, I’ve done 4 5hour shifts this week all of it in full service. Actually I started one shift in self serve, before a different supervisor kicked me out to open another register...and then suddenly that same girl goes back in self serve again :mad2:

Like please, guys, this is exactly the kind of thing that will push me to leave. I know I’m a guy, and I have muscle, but if that’s all you see me as, and others get a bludge and get paid the exact same, this is not fair.
Could have written this about my store. I get stuck on registers all day... I know it's my job, but it's not fair when the distribution of work isn't the same. Our supervisors are all super close friends and I'm positive that's why one was promoted... meanwhile those of us who aren't in the clique are left to do the heavy lifting while they chat, doing impulse, drinks and anything they can to ignore actual customers. With all of that and the gossip, it feels like high school all over again. I'm too old for this.

Last edited:

bernie14

HSC
Our store has recently started having a team member at the front of the store next to the baskets handing them out to customers as they walk in the door. It's the biggest load of crap I've ever heard of, the other day we were massively busy and we were already understaffed, the queues on the main registers were huge so I told the girl on the door to go out on a big register. Next minute the store manager is down on the floor asking where the door person is, and told me that at all times there is supposed to be someone there.

I guess that's more important than wait times for customers *shrugs shoulders*

vision53

HSC
N/A
Our store has recently started having a team member at the front of the store next to the baskets handing them out to customers as they walk in the door. It's the biggest load of crap I've ever heard of, the other day we were massively busy and we were already understaffed, the queues on the main registers were huge so I told the girl on the door to go out on a big register. Next minute the store manager is down on the floor asking where the door person is, and told me that at all times there is supposed to be someone there.

I guess that's more important than wait times for customers *shrugs shoulders*
Don't be ridiculous, you should know that most customers don't realise or look for a basket/trolley that can be utilised to easily transfer items from the shelf location to the registers for purchase. Oh wait they do. Now I know where I have gone wrong all these years *says sarcastically*.
Store Manager should be down there handing out baskets. Must be one of those 'do what I say while I look busy managers'.
Just a note: There are plenty of good managers, including store managers throughout our stores, however, like most professions, a minority give the rest a bad reputation.

bernie14

HSC
Store Manager should be down there handing out baskets. Must be one of those 'do what I say while I look busy managers'.
Just a note: There are plenty of good managers, including store managers throughout our stores, however, like most professions, a minority give the rest a bad reputation.
I wouldn't call him a 'bad' manager. He's very friendly, and if he sees you doing something wrong, he'll quietly pull you aside and tell you instead of making a scene of it, something our old manager liked to do :spin: but yes, I don't think I've ever seen him operate a register before. When it gets busy, you can count on him pacing up and down the store looking for grocery/produce members to drop everything and go help out front end, which is incredibly frustrating as sometimes this process takes forever and customers become even more impatient.

JimmyGadol

HSC
Did any one in Woolie help me how to update stocks in the little device, when stock meat into shelf?

JimmyGadol

HSC
Brothers & Sisters:
I am going to develop an mobile app, for product code with location, picture, unit of weight, picture of the product etc.
I need your guys to submit products code, from the time being I have more than 100 product codes for beginning, I need more products code to complete the project.
my second project will be Woolworths internal GPS, that located the product name, product code as well as location, of course picture too.
product code sample :
Thigh Fillet Chicken : Product Code :310
Drumstick Chicken : Product Code: 300
Bettocci Mortadella: Product Code: 3105

Last edited:

vision53

HSC
N/A
Brothers & Sisters:
I am going to develop an mobile app, for product code with location, picture, unit of weight, picture of the product etc.
I need your guys to submit products code, from the time being I have more than 100 product codes for beginning, I need more products code to complete the project.
my second project will be Woolworths internal GPS, that located the product name, product code as well as location, of course picture too.
product code sample :
Thigh Fillet Chicken : Product Code :310
Drumstick Chicken : Product Code: 300
Bettocci Mortadella: Product Code: 3105
Will be interesting to hear your results

Last edited:

kaitmaree77

HSC
N/A
Guys, how much notice is expected for a permanent part time employee of 2.5 years to resign? 2 weeks?

vision53

HSC
N/A
Hey guys! I'm a new line manager at my store(they had no-one else) and I need to set a store central account for one of my team members. The help from management is not so good. They keep pushing it off (four months now) and I really need it otherwise she has to use my account, which doesn't work when we're both on. Can anyone tell me the process to go through? Thanks heaps!

nanakid12

HSC
Unreal. Almost 15 years old this thread!

Also hope you Woolies folk are keeping well! I resigned in February last year. Made it to 10 years, and now have an amazing new job in the public service that is keeping me going.

Missin' the priority one calls and customer jokes "if it doesn't scan, it's free" *Krusty the Clown laugh*

Keep well Woolies crew! Love you all!!!!!

cosmo 2

the head cheese
HSC
lmao this thread is from 2005 hahaha

ancient age archaeology shit woolies in 2005 what the fuck

didnt even have auto checkouts back then

could just walk into the building and thered be a board with all the available jobs up on it, new jobs available every day now theres 1 every 5 years

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)