The working class is nonsensical and starting to piss me off (1 Viewer)

davidbarnes

Trainee Mȯderatȯr
HSC
Teachers do a hugely important job in helping teach future doctors, lawyers, businessmen, politicians and every other functioning member of society. They deserve more reward for the effort they put in. Teaching is not easy.

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
Teachers do a hugely important job in helping teach future doctors, lawyers, businessmen, politicians and every other functioning member of society. They deserve more reward for the effort they put in. Teaching is not easy.
That's not how things work.

It's called supply and demand.

And teachers are typically fucking idiots, and I would have learnt more spending my high school years sitting in a library than listening to those mouth breathers prattle on.

Last edited:

cantseecats

HSC
1. mouth breeder 27 up, 6 down

A mouth breeder is a chick, involved in a MFF three way, that finishes off the guy orally. But, rather than swallowing the baby batter, she goes down on the other chick and spits it into her.

Tina took Bob's big load then spit it into Gina's snatch, what a mouth breeder!

Rothbard

HSC
N/A
Why don't we just lock up the fat people in a gym? Give them no food till they sweat certain amounts of calories. Put lower-class scum in a confinement where they are neither seen nor heard but produce all the required goods for middle and upper class folks? Then we make Rothbard a dictator who can get rid of all the unpleasant people in society as defined by their socio-economic status.
Hey can you watch this and tell me if you have a lot in common with this guy?

cosmo kramer

Banned
HSC
That's not how things work.

It's called supply and demand.

And teachers are typcally fucking idiots, and I would have learnt more spending my high school years sitting in a library than listening to those mouth breeders prattle on.
+50

teacher is the most overrated bullshit profession ever

those shitcunts can go and get fucked when they want more money

vikraman

HSC
+50

teacher is the most overrated bullshit profession ever

those shitcunts can go and get fucked when they want more money

Dunno. Good teachers make a lot of difference in education. Singapore and Finland always comes out tops (or near the top) in education and you just gotta think for a moment why that's the case. With Singapore yeah, they're all Asian so they work super hard and everyone gets good grades. But Finland? Snowed in mofo's barely even go to school because the roads are closed every couple of days. What is common about both these countries is that teaching is a profession of choice, not one of lack of choice for otherwise unemployable arts graduates. In Singapore and Finland, you gotta finish in the top 30% of your class in uni to get into teaching college and they pay you so well that smart people actually come and teach instead of becoming investment bankers or surgeons or whatever.

cosmo kramer

Banned
HSC
i dunno how important pedagogical techniques and teacher quality is vikraman

northern europeans are northern europeans

95% of school success prob derives from parental involvement/style and genetic factors and obviously parental involvement/style is confounded to some extent by genetic factors too

steve sailer recently got hold of some international educational performance data

(white) u.s students do just as well as northern european students

anyway as i said throwing more money at the system isn't necessarily helpful. in america the LA Unified School District spends over $13k per pupil and has a terrible achievement record. I think you can figure out the reason. This sort of thing is not limited to America either. In Thilo Sarrazin's blockbuster book about Moslem immigration and integration in Germany, he documents how Berlin, Hamburg, and Bremen have the highest spending per pupil in all of Germany. However, they have the poorest results on PISA tests. He documents that it is because of the demographic composition of the student bodies in these cities--too many Mohammedans, not enough Germans. Having the best teachers isn't really necessary except for the best students. Teaching is not rocket science. You introduce the material to students, then drill and drill until they can recite it backwards in their sleep. A great disservice as been done to our students by deemphasizing rote learning. "Urban" schools receive large amounts of funding and prob teachers in these schools receive large amounts of funding as well. . They are shitty because they're full of shitty kids who have shitty parents and are constantly dealing with outright criminal behavior within the schools. The fact that you aren't really allowed to discipline kids anymore is a really serious fucking problem in "urban" schools, since you can't teach if kids are out of control.

Last edited:

TacoTerrorist

HSC
cosmo kramer said:
95% of school success prob derives from parental involvement/style and genetic factors and obviously parental involvement/style is confounded to some extent by genetic factors too
Yes. Parental involvement in their child's education is the biggest determining factor in their education.

In my experience, I'd say about 90% of my teachers were good. The possibility that you didn't learn shit at high school (I learnt fuck all personally) is probably the fault of the curriculum imo. Teachers (contrary to public opinion) work a lot of hours, have to go to uni for 4+ years and deal with bullshit from snotty kids.

Chemical Ali

지금은 소녀시대
HSC
N/A
i dunno how important pedagogical techniques and teacher quality is vikraman

northern europeans are northern europeans

steve sailer recently got hold of some international educational performance data

(white) u.s students do just as well as northern european students

anyway as i said throwing more money at the system isn't necessarily helpful. in america the LA Unified School District spends over $13k per pupil and has a terrible achievement record. I think you can figure out the reason. This sort of thing is not limited to America either. In Thilo Sarrazin's blockbuster book about Moslem immigration and integration in Germany, he documents how Berlin, Hamburg, and Bremen have the highest spending per pupil in all of Germany. However, they have the poorest results on PISA tests. He documents that it is because of the demographic composition of the student bodies in these cities--too many Mohammedans, not enough Germans. Having the best teachers isn't really necessary except for the best students. Teaching is not rocket science. You introduce the material to students, then drill and drill until they can recite it backwards in their sleep. A great disservice as been done to our students by deemphasizing rote learning. "Urban" schools receive large amounts of funding and prob teachers in these schools receive large amounts of funding as well. . They are shitty because they're full of shitty kids who have shitty parents and are constantly dealing with outright criminal behavior within the schools. The fact that you aren't really allowed to discipline kids anymore is a really serious fucking problem in "urban" schools, since you can't teach if kids are out of control.
so how come there's so much literature that says when you teach minority kids properly (not fucking rote learning) the gap between them and whites decreases a lot?

cosmo kramer

Banned
HSC
wtf literature is that

ive never heard of it

are you referring to like theoretical work kind of

like if you teach them in a certain way or this and that way the gap will go away or something

there's a lot of too good to be true stories about some magical teacher with some magical bullet technique that turns a crap school into a bunch of geniuses or whatever

or stuff like KIPP

what is meant by "teach minority kids properly"

teach them how to do math by shit like

quantell and shaqauanaesha have 2 crack rockz between dem each worf $50
quantell knows shaqauanaesha wants anotha crack rock so he offers it to him for $70
how much money will quantell have after this exchange

im not sure what u mean m8

($0: shaqauanaesha will just rob quantell and take his crack rocks and his money)

Last edited:

Rothbard

HSC
N/A
so how come there's so much literature that says when you teach minority kids properly (not fucking rote learning) the gap between them and whites decreases a lot?
Obama effect as well.

cantseecats

HSC
One point: When you refer to minorities, remember you're distinguishing between more intelligent minorities like Ashkenazi Jews (the smartest in the world apparently) and Northeast Asians, and less intelligent minorities like Hispanics and Blacks. (you can replace "intelligent" with "achieving" or something if you want.)

Can you find some examples of that literature though?

Here's one recent article I found about a study on the gap: Proficiency of Black Students Is Found to Be Far Lower Than Expected

An achievement gap separating black from white students has long been documented — a social divide extremely vexing to policy makers and the target of one blast of school reform after another.

But a new report focusing on black males suggests that the picture is even bleaker than generally known.

Only 12 percent of black fourth-grade boys are proficient in reading, compared with 38 percent of white boys, and only 12 percent of black eighth-grade boys are proficient in math, compared with 44 percent of white boys.

Poverty alone does not seem to explain the differences: poor white boys do just as well as African-American boys who do not live in poverty, measured by whether they qualify for subsidized school lunches.
And about teaching urban kids.. read this essay written by a White teacher: http://martynemko.blogspot.com/2009/06/white-teacher-speaks-out-what-is-it.html

Anyone who is around young blacks
will probably get a constant diet of rap music.
Blacks often make up their own jingles,
and it was not uncommon for 15
boys to swagger into a classroom,
bouncing their shoulders and jiving back.

They were yelling back and forth, rapping 15 different sets of
words in the same harsh, rasping dialect.
The words were almost invariably
a childish form of boasting: “Who got
dem shine rim, who got dem shine shoe,
who got dem shine grill (gold and silver
dental caps)?” The amateur rapper usually
ends with a claim—in the crudest
terms imaginable—that all womankind
is sexually devoted to him. For whatever
reason, many of my students would often groan
instead of saying a particular word, as in,
“She suck dat aaahhhh (think of a long
grinding groan), she f**k dat aaaahhhh,
she lick dat aaaahhh.”

Last edited:
HSC
hey guys

guys

could there be factors that are affecting the development of babies/children from hispanic/black etc areas/nations that slow their mental development

i think we can all agree that most white nations have far better standards of living than predominately hispanic/black countries/areas

factors like infant nutrition, smoking/alcohol/drug abuse in mothers, early childhood education fucken etc

could this account for the apparent differences between races? (the answer is yes btw)

cosmo kramer

Banned
HSC
could there be factors that are affecting the development of babies/children from hispanic/black etc areas/nations that slow their mental development

black mental / physical development is actually faster

black babies walk and crawl on the average a month earlier than white babies

but no you are actually right that in AFRICA there are a shtiload of really bad environmental disparities that are accounting to some extent for negro problems

how the fuck does anybody expect a severely malnutritionerd person who has never been to school to develop properly or to the same extent as somebody who has concluded K-12 education or whatever and has had a meal every day

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)