things you loved as a kid... (1 Viewer)

HSC
The original Polly Pockets with those teeny tiny dolls which kids can choke on a die if they shallow them. I remember taking them to school and the boys had more fun playing with them than any of the girls.
Yeah, I loved those. Had 3 of them.

My Barbie dream house.

Those textas that you can connect together.

Collecting stickers in my sticker book and swapping them with friends. The furry ones were the best and then there were those scratch and sniff ones.

My box of Crayola coloured pencils in 45 different colours.

Tamagochi. Dropped mine in the bath :cry:

I'd like to say Sea Monkeys but I can't because I clearly didn't like them if I ended up flushing the whole family down the toilet.

One of the boys I knew had this Hot Wheels track set which was just so awesome, I had to always drag my mum to his place so I can play with it.

Lego

My little bro's transformers

HSC
Also, washing Barbie's hair and giving her a haircut from hell.

Butterfly clips

Waking up really early to watch Rage on Saturday morning

Making a "secret" cubby house under the desk with a table cloth as an entrance flap and making my bro go on secret missions to the kitchen to steal snacks.

Edit: How can I forget the first Spice Girls CD.

Last edited:

badquinton304

HSC
sea monkeys! <3
Unfortunately there wass no way to remove nitrogen from the tiny ecosystem so mine always eventually die.
Also when cheeztv goes to a break you have that tv with flashing lights behind it going "chiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiz tv", I think I saw the very first episode of that.
I also remember always having to blow the dust out of the game cartriges fro N64 and megadrive, becuase the dust would build upo and the game would freeze.
One of the best things was being able to buy a decent lunch with a $2 coin.

Cinnamonster

Somewhere in the general vicinity of the Universe
HSC
Unfortunately there wass no way to remove nitrogen from the tiny ecosystem so mine always eventually die.
Also when cheeztv goes to a break you have that tv with flashing lights behind it going "chiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiz tv", I think I saw the very first episode of that.
I also remember always having to blow the dust out of the game cartriges fro N64 and megadrive, becuase the dust would build upo and the game would freeze.
One of the best things was being able to buy a decent lunch with a $2 coin.
N64!
I also miss trying to beat Diddy Kong Racing and when you think you finally beat the game you still had special characters or courses you needed to unlock (including that stupid chicken and Tik Tok and all the reverse courses and mirror courses and mirror reverse courses and blah blah blah... I think I'm exagurrating now). That game took forever to finish.

And Game Boy games. I can't seem to find my Game Boy Advanced SP (the one that sort of looked like a little laptop) and old Pokemon games.

HSC
There's nothing I specifically miss.
Maybe the long summer days and summer nights, but I've always loved it and they've always been here. They just seemed more beautiful as a child.
Innocence, youthful ignorance, and a free spirit.

I loved outsmarting adults. I really didn't enjoy hanging out with many kids my age, so I would always have conversations with adults, and they spoke to me on adult terms and never babied me. Outsmarting them was super lol. I would search my mental archive of general knowledge that I picked up everywhere and anywhere to gobsmack them. I read a lot...

Hmm, there was nothing to miss ot love about primary school. Everyone was so annoying. The guys and girls were continually like 'omgz u haf cooties!' and they would giggle non-stop, and they were so simple minded, stupid and naive.

The best part of all is probably the outrageous imagination. Just entertaining myself out of nothing easily.

The past is the past, I have many good memories, but I look forward to the future and always anticipate ahead.

klaris

HSC
Being a kid, which meant not having to worry about ANYTHING.

I would give a lot of things to rewind ten years and have a few days of being little again.

blaketat

Inextirpable Benevolence.
HSC
All my toy cars and trucks and such.
The ORIGINAL Power Rangers
World 4 Kids (loved that place)
Carefree living.
ABC Kids
Surprises!

mirakon

nigga
HSC
good for you.

btw pokemon cards were soo popular at school, till they got banned from the teachers, coz ppl would fight over em coz someone else ripped someone off etc lol, and other ppl were reported to have stolen cards from others hahaha god that was funny.

it was like dealing drugs only with cards lol, and it would get serious to the extent other kids in gangs would gang up on you, coz you ripped em off lol.

i still got mine, i wana sell on ebay, anyone here wanna buy em, they are all in folders still in mint condition lolol
Yeah and how there used to be like epic fights about whether a card was fake or not.

hsb39

HSC
N64 has to be number 1. DK64 was my first real console game. Gotta say Pokemon as well. Not to mention Dragon Ball Z. The only one of them that I don't like anymore is the Pokemon anime, misrepresents the game too much...

EDIT: Forgot to mention LACK OF STRESS.

HSC
N/A
i remember bath time used to be play time for half an hour :D in a tub of water!! hehe bath toys were the best!

oooh ooh! and BUBBLESSSSSSSSSSS

WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

i miss bubble baths :(

i also miss the flow of all the presents i used to get as a kid. now days, everything is so expensive you dont bother to buy shit loads of presents. and now that im older.. its harder to buy presents for me :(

i still play in wrapping paper though :) hehe. xmas 2009, my dad and both of my sisters husbands coverd me in the used wrapping paper =/
thanks alot!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)