• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

This ever happen to you? (1 Viewer)

samthebear

HSC
Thanks for your reply.

... yes I'm still reading.

What do I say but? Have you ever caught a train during peak hour?
It's usually all quiet, everyone's dozing off (or trying to at least) ... and ... you can hear everyone's conversations ... it's packed too ... that's how I figured out that she went to my friends uni ... and that she studies teaching and all ... people will sense it from a mile away that I probably have ulterior motives ... rather than just striking up a "casual convo" :confused:
haha thats just something you've got to do =P and no one will sense any ulterior motive if you just start a casual conversation - its all to do with your attitude =] just be friendly, dont be aggressive and please for the love of god, dont do the creepy pick up - just dont use any pick up line. It makes your intention too clear. btw, dont mention anything about knowing that she does teaching at so-and-so university < that is creepy. just talk about general things, if its crowded, make a mention about how peak hour traffic sucks, move on to the weather etc and thats just how you start a casual conversation =] Of course i wont take into account if she hesitates or whatever, but its up to you in that moment to judge how to procced =] just dont chicken out in the middle!!

And yes i have caught a train during peak hour - its horrible, you end up too close to people you'd rather not be and its generally an uncomfortable and sucky train ride. Unless of course you had someone nice to talk to on that trip =] *hint hint*

Last edited:
HSC
The whole point of meeting new people and talking to them is by actually taking that 50/50 chance dude. If she isn't interested in you (friends wise), then you can't do anything about it. But if she responds well to some of the questions / stuff you talk about, then you just gained yourself a new buddy on the train, because once you speak to that girl that one day, every other day you see her on the train she will remember you as that guy that was either very nice, gentlemanlike, funny, good looking perhaps etc.

...and as that friendship grows along, you can then proceed to go out with her into the city, clubs, parties, coffee, even be there for her to talk to in some cases.

Just be really friendly dude.
You'll be fine :)

Dude ROFLSS at ur video sig :haha::haha::haha:

Reckoner

HSC
haha thats just something you've got to do =P and no one will sense any ulterior motive if you just start a casual conversation - its all to do with your attitude =] just be friendly, dont be aggressive and please for the love of god, dont do the creepy pick up - just dont use any pick up line. It makes your intention too clear. btw, dont mention anything about knowing that she does teaching at so-and-so university < that is creepy. just talk about general things, if its crowded, make a mention about how peak hour traffic sucks, move on to the weather etc and thats just how you start a casual conversation =] Of course i wont take into account if she hesitates or whatever, but its up to you in that moment to judge how to procced =] just dont chicken out in the middle!!

And yes i have caught a train during peak hour - its horrible, you end up too close to people you'd rather not be and its generally an uncomfortable and sucky train ride. Unless of course you had someone nice to talk to on that trip =] *hint hint*
Thanks guys.
Appreciate the outside opinion I got from here.

The Vassallo

HSC
first of all, if she's obviously hot then dont compliment her on her looks by saying shes gorgeous, just approach her and say something like "my stops coming up soon so i wont bother you for long, but its been killing me for a while now and id kick myself if i didnt come up and say it - but you look really interesting" .....
plus you sound like a bit of a weird cunt
LMAO at the last part.
but yes a couple of things
number one, im astounded that someone of the male persuasion has analysed this girl in such detail and is actually so caught up in it.

and two
my advice,
whatever it is that makes her seem interesting,
THATS what you use to initiate conversation.
im sure shed be flattered if you complimented her on why you find her to seem interesting than if she had a good rack.
we also havent taken into account yet the "she might have a bf" factor.
but then again
you know enough about her to probably know her marital status also.
i know these things are easier said then done but you said it yourself
better give it a shot then youd atleats know the outcome.
Good luck.

Last edited:

Reckoner

HSC
LMAO at the last part.
but yes a couple of things
number one, im astounded that someone of the male persuasion has analysed this girl in such detail and is actually so caught up in it.

and two
my advice,
whatever it is that makes her seem interesting,
THATS what you use to initiate conversation.
im sure shed be flattered if you complimented her on why you find her to seem interesting than if she had a good rack.
but then again
you know enough about her to probably know her marital status also.
i know these things are easier said then done but you said it yourself
better give it a shot then youd atleats know the outcome.
Good luck.
Yeah it sounds like I've over-analyzed ... haha ... but honestly I haven't over analyzed anything ...

you have to remember, I've been going on the same train, and sitting on the same carriage (most of the time) for like 1-2 years now ... and when she's with her friends and all ... they talk heaps about everything LOUD, like it's a social club ... you know ... how was your weekend, boys, bars ... studies ... etc etc ... yada yada ...

It just seems like I've over-analyzed b/c it's all coming out now ... and the reason why it's coming out now is b/c you don't realize what you have until it's about to be taken away for good ... the state of the economy and all ... with unemployment going up my feeling is there's a higher chance one of us will be laid off and back to university for good ... I've noticed a few "regulars" on my carriage have disappeared one by one, and my feeling is that they probably got laid off ... so ... yeah ...

yeah she was on and off again with someone ... but i'm pretty sure she's been single for the last 6 months or so ... hahaha :)

But honestly ... don't you guys see hot girls/guys when commuting?? I see all sorts of great looking people, who are all dressed up and smell nice ... maybe it's my train ... haha

But she catches my eye, b/c we have a lot of similarties and compatibilities ... I live like 10-15 mins away from her I think ... so yeah.

Thanks again. Really appreciate the female advice.

sarahdee

HSC
yesss, this has happened to me.

1. it was a cute guy who smiled at me for a whole trip - but he didn't do anything. DISAPPOINTED! if this is you to her, she may be a bit disappointed too.

2. creepy guys that perve and talk to me. if this is you, piss off.

i'm hoping you aren't one of those extremes but a normal of "healthy" as you say (haha) guy, so find a way to talk to her. e.g. "hey, you know we've been catching the same train for 1-2yrs and we have never even spoken, like we kinda know eachother but we don't.. i'm (insert name)" or something along those lines.

i know you arent a stalker though cause i totally do the same as you. i have people who catch my bus and/or train for the past five years during my 1.5hr commute each way and yeah, you get to know them even if you dont speak to them. its really awkard though when you bump into them out of your public transport situation. you almost feel like you can say hi.. cause you see them nearly every day, yet you've never spoken.

but let us know how it goes with this girl :)

hahah at the person who said put it in MX, those "here's looking at you" are so lame now. they are pretty cliched now. but then again, MX strikes up alot of convos. i was in one of the makeovers and this guy totally added me on myspace somehow.. bit creepy but yeah whatever.

Pace_T

HSC
yesss, this has happened to me.

1. it was a cute guy who smiled at me for a whole trip - but he didn't do anything. DISAPPOINTED! if this is you to her, she may be a bit disappointed too.

2. creepy guys that perve and talk to me. if this is you, piss off.

i'm hoping you aren't one of those extremes but a normal of "healthy" as you say (haha) guy, so find a way to talk to her. e.g. "hey, you know we've been catching the same train for 1-2yrs and we have never even spoken, like we kinda know eachother but we don't.. i'm (insert name)" or something along those lines.

i know you arent a stalker though cause i totally do the same as you. i have people who catch my bus and/or train for the past five years during my 1.5hr commute each way and yeah, you get to know them even if you dont speak to them. its really awkard though when you bump into them out of your public transport situation. you almost feel like you can say hi.. cause you see them nearly every day, yet you've never spoken.

but let us know how it goes with this girl :)

hahah at the person who said put it in MX, those "here's looking at you" are so lame now. they are pretty cliched now. but then again, MX strikes up alot of convos. i was in one of the makeovers and this guy totally added me on myspace somehow.. bit creepy but yeah whatever.

well the only difference between those guys is that one is cute and the others are not.
girls like it when they have a cute guy look at them, but if its a guy that they dont find attractive, hes somehow a pervert?

sarahdee

HSC
well the only difference between those guys is that one is cute and the others are not.
girls like it when they have a cute guy look at them, but if its a guy that they dont find attractive, hes somehow a pervert?
he was cute because he was smiling at me. not entirely based on his looks.

and let me elaborate on "creepy guys": guys that ask to take you to a hotel room, guys that whisper sexual stuff in your ear, guys that ogle at your body, guys that try and touch you, guys that pull out their dick (yes this has happened to me), guys that invade your personal space, guys that just make you feel uncomfortable, guys that could be your father or grandfather trying to sweet talk you -> this is why i hate being a girl. now you might say that i "provoke" this guys by the way i dress.. but i don't. i am very modest in the manner in which i dress. so yeah those guys are creepy guys not ugly guys.

samthebear

HSC
he was cute because he was smiling at me. not entirely based on his looks.

and let me elaborate on "creepy guys": guys that ask to take you to a hotel room, guys that whisper sexual stuff in your ear, guys that ogle at your body, guys that try and touch you, guys that pull out their dick (yes this has happened to me), guys that invade your personal space, guys that just make you feel uncomfortable, guys that could be your father or grandfather trying to sweet talk you -> this is why i hate being a girl. now you might say that i "provoke" this guys by the way i dress.. but i don't. i am very modest in the manner in which i dress. so yeah those guys are creepy guys not ugly guys.
^ +1! i agree! btw @ Reckoner: when i say "Dont be creepy" thats what i mean!

iloveapple

HSC
i picked up this chick in the train....absolute random.....just sat next too her....figured she was first year.....started a convo....3rd base on the weekend.

not hard
you disgust me.

just talk to her, dudes. someone said something along the lines of 'hi, I've see you everyday for a while now, and i thought that i should and intro myself. I'm ____" and i agree. keep it simple and honest. if you guys have made eye contact, then she should notice you, and kind of know who you are anyways, so it won't be freaky.
you have nothing to lose. trust me, she's not gonna reject you.
seriously, if i was the girl, i'd be flattered.
Just don't choose to come up to her if she's doing something, like reading. wait until she's not doing much THEN talk to her. =)
oh and don't keep on approaching her after you guys have an initial first conversation. smile at her on the platform from a short distance away and leave her be. if she likes you, she'll walk over and talk to you again. if she doesn't, she'll stay where she is.
GL and you'll be fine. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)