• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Thongs (1 Viewer)

mmm_sofay

time to pretend
HSC
i have 3 pairs on thongs. did have 4, but chucked a pair out as i didnt wear them anymore.
i love thongs.
my mum doesnt have a problem with me wearing them.
i got a stripey pink pair that i dont wear often
black glitter claire powells
and hot pink havaianas

wanton-wonton

HSC
steph@nie said:
So, my dad has the biggest problem with thongs (flip flops/havianas/whatever) and preaches to me the dangers of wearing them and how I might step on something, how they make me look like a derro yadda yadda.
I wear them pretty much all the time and am really tired of hearing about how daggy I look because I'm wearing brown/black/pink/white thongs.

Does anyone else have this problem?
Yes, so many people wear it nowadays. It's everywhere, even when people go shopping. Unless it's to the beach or your mate's places or somewhere casual, there is no bloody reason to wear thongs. It's like a bloody new trend or something. In reality, it makes you look like a cheap cunt who can't afford real shoes.

beccaxx

surprised things change
HSC
wanton-wonton said:
Yes, so many people wear it nowadays. It's everywhere, even when people go shopping. Unless it's to the beach or your mate's places or somewhere casual, there is no bloody reason to wear thongs. It's like a bloody new trend or something. In reality, it makes you look like a cheap cunt who can't afford real shoes.
no way. i disagree. some thongs can b stylish expensiv ones.

anyway, i like them. i find them completely to classify as shoes.

Smokey_22

the member
HSC
wanton-wonton said:

In many cases its more comfortable to wear thongs. On hot days, thongs allow your feet to stay cool hence regulating your body temp. With consideration to clothing, thongs can be very fashionable to wear, but not in winter.

mmm_sofay

time to pretend
HSC
its not as tho i do it on a regular basis.
its mainly when im just venturing outside.
but i once wore thongs with socks to maccas one night.
then i ended up down at the lagoon and fell asleep in some randoms car and woke up in a different car.

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
Do your parents realise that something like 75% of people in the lecture theatre with you would also be wearing thongs?

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
hipsta_jess said:
Do your parents realise that something like 75% of people in the lecture theatre with you would also be wearing thongs?
Maybe for you. However, because of the labs and such alot of people wear shoes in my program.

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
We have labs too. But we take enclosed shoes to change into, and they come off and the thongs go back on as soon as we're finished.

HSC
braad said:
lol...yeh...my sky blue ones are mad...so trendy...but dusnt help my belittled manhood :( im going shopping 2morow 2 solve this problem n make me a proper man! or is what i just said a contradiction in terms? :rolleyes:
WHERE DID U GET SKY BLUE THONGS FROM????? thats exactly what i want!! iv been looking EVERYWHERE but i cant find them.

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
I've seen sky blue Hav's in quite a few surf shops.

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
hipsta_jess said:
We have labs too. But we take enclosed shoes to change into, and they come off and the thongs go back on as soon as we're finished.
I was thinking of buying some of those shoe glove things, the ones you have to wear when you go into nuclear places. I wonder If I could get away with them.

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
live_without_it said:
WHERE DID U GET SKY BLUE THONGS FROM????? thats exactly what i want!! iv been looking EVERYWHERE but i cant find them.

errrr....i think miranda..one the surf shops coz they're globe...didnt know globe made thongs, till i bought those ones of course...

Hippy La-Laa

Stupid Pixie.
HSC
I wear (black leather) thongs to work and no-one's said a thing. They're all spiffed up in their pretentious corporate clothes and I meander in wearing boho skirts and thongs.

I think they just accept that I am a psycho hippy who sits at reception and answers their phones. *shrugs*

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)