Thoughts: CSSA English Paper 1 (1 Viewer)

CloudDeter

HSC
I screwed this exam really badly.
Comprehension was alright, except not enough time to do the last question. Question (c) was a little hard to understand.
FOr creative writing I used the picture of the family on their mobile phones. I think the quality of my story was terrible.
My essay...well I didn't have enough time to finish it.

TL;DR: I'm screwed for this exam.

mads21

HSC
Great essay question, although didn't take advantage of it. Creative story was ok, forgot about images and had to try and integrate it! Did pretty bad in the short answer, didn't analyse anything well, better luck in the modules!

Pete1555

HSC
Test went OK. I started with Section 2, then to Section 1 and 3.

Section 1: Was OK, expect to get average marks. But ill definitely lose marks in the Text 3 question and question (e). Overall, not too bad.
Section 2: Wonderful. My story was integrated quite well with the picture of the family looking over the beach. Didn't heavily integrate picture to story too much, but it did show strong elements.
Section 3: I had a pre-prepared essay, which fit in perfectly. BUT I forgot my related text paragraphs, so I had to vaguely make them from scratch :p.

Overall not bad test, now to prep for Module B. GL every1!

varsity54

HSC
Uni Grad
I spent five minutes planning on my extended (getting down quotes/ideas etc.) ...fucked me up for the rest of the sections
haha I swear ive never written so fast in my whole life

JBee

HSC
Essay question was great XD. 40 mins
Creative was alright. Used the fish one and had to try and weave the metaphor through- 35 mins.

Short answer. Yuck. Definitely took longer than 40mins and I will lose marks on the mini-essay :/

Oh well good luck for modules everyone!

Kobweb

HSC
N/A
If they specified ONE related text for this Paper, does that mean they will also specify one for tomorrows? Is there a correlation with this and past years?

talulahbay

HSC
i thought the creative writing images where waay to limiting! But in was happy with the essay question and the unseen texts especially the last poem!

kewon

HSC
nothing is certain but maybe theres a higher chance of 2 related texts in module c since its quite unlikely for them to ask 2 for both AOS and mod c

spanky125

Just waitin' for a mate
HSC
Comprehension was alright
Creative stimulus totally stumped me, couldn't figure out how to put my story I wanted into it.
Essay question worked well with my ORT

Better pepper my angus for tomorrow!

loversinjapan

Swag Queen
HSC
I really liked the paper. Did it chronologically, 6/6/6 pages.
The first and fourth texts in S1 were a gift!

Pretty fucked for modules though.

Makematics

HSC
I screwed this exam really badly.
Comprehension was alright, except not enough time to do the last question. Question (c) was a little hard to understand.
FOr creative writing I used the picture of the family on their mobile phones. I think the quality of my story was terrible.
My essay...well I didn't have enough time to finish it.

TL;DR: I'm screwed for this exam.
ur school does CSSA?

NWO

HSC
Didnt know so many schools had trials today.
Section I) wrote too much for a 5 mark question. Spent 40 mins instead of 20m.
section II) WTF. Somehow i wrote full 2 pages which took 40 mins... full of descriptions tho. gonna fail for quantity
sectin III) 2.5 pages used- had 10min left for related. at least i had a conclusion. Other students didnt finish by writing 4 pages.
bye uni, hello tafe :(

Spiritual Being

hehehehehe
HSC
Uni Grad
Didnt know so many schools had trials today.
Section I) wrote too much for a 5 mark question. Spent 40 mins instead of 20m.
section II) WTF. Somehow i wrote full 2 pages which took 40 mins... full of descriptions tho. gonna fail for quantity
sectin III) 2.5 pages used- had 10min left for related. at least i had a conclusion. Other students didnt finish by writing 4 pages.
bye uni, hello tafe :(
it can't be that bad, and you have paper 2 tomorrow...

so don't dwell on the past, and this goes to everyone; whether you did well or not is irrelevant, MOVE ON and do your best

NWO

HSC
And it was the trials. whats cssa and wahts wrong with it?

Makematics

HSC
lol hearing so many ppl complain about not finishing... that's why i bloody said leave the creative till last!!! cos you have the option to bullshit it!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)