Thoughts: CSSA English Paper 1 (1 Viewer)

kewon

HSC
how's every1 preparing for tomorrow
I'm still trying to memorise my essays haha and adapt to some questions later

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
anyone got any tips for hamlet cause im freaking out right now... its the most unpredictable module :( can I just drop English
- Themes
- Hamlet's Soliloquy(s) including Claudius'.
- Characters/Characterisation (interaction with other characters)
- Dramatic Techniques/Devices
- Important/Key Scenes

Yeah, those are basically the 5 areas that you need to know inside out if you want to be 100% prepared.

Or you could always just memorise 1 prepped-essay and hope for the best. [probably a 20% chance to do well]

varsity54

HSC
Uni Grad
Is there a high possibility that they will ask for two related texts for any of the responses?

Makematics

HSC
lol hopefully you guys get good questions. we got an excellent mod C question, but mod b was an absolute shocker. entire grade got boned hard, and i mean hard. most people only wrote like 2/3 pages for it haha

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
Who's genuinely unprepared for tomorrow?
Me.
I know that I'll have that mini heart attack when I look at all the essay questions then have a mental blank for the first 5 minutes.

Also... Speeches *cringe*

loversinjapan

Swag Queen
HSC
Mentally drained after both the English and Music exams and I'm struggling to retain any information. Looks like I'm going to sleep now. Hopefully going into the exam with a bunch of quotes and skills in bullshittery will serve me well. (I'll report back tomorrow with updates of how paper 2 ripped me a new one)

Good luck everyone!

Remember that staying up too late to study will be counterproductive, wake up early if you have to.

Spiritual Being

hehehehehe
HSC
Uni Grad
Mentally drained after both the English and Music exams and I'm struggling to retain any information. Looks like I'm going to sleep now. Hopefully going into the exam with a bunch of quotes and skills in bullshittery will serve me well. (I'll report back tomorrow with updates of how paper 2 ripped me a new one)

Good luck everyone!

Remember that staying up too late to study will be counterproductive, wake up early if you have to.
That must've sucked.

I feel for you, I had English and Business on the same day for half yearly.

TOMORROW, modules then a one night cram for legal.

Then, after LEGAL, a one night cram for sor2.

LOL. I'm living the life guys.

Looking at it now, I might do an all nighter or sorta all nighter for sor2, since I don't have an exam the next day. I'll most likely sleep before 2AM though. I slept at 10:30 yesterday for AOS paper 1, and I found that it helped me IMMENSELY in deriving techniques and completing the paper to the best of my ability (albeit time management for q5 of s1 was the only thing that went a tad wrong).

Last edited:

CloudDeter

HSC
Who's genuinely unprepared for tomorrow?
I could say I'm really unprepared for most my texts, especially Tom Brennan (module c) which our class hardly did any work on (only given 2 booklets). Hoping that my essays for the first two will redeem me for today. :/

RealiseNothing

what is that?It is Cowpea
HSC
lol hopefully you guys get good questions. we got an excellent mod C question, but mod b was an absolute shocker. entire grade got boned hard, and i mean hard. most people only wrote like 2/3 pages for it haha
My teacher said that the mod B question for Slessor in my trial is an absolute shocker as well. I'm starting to think we have the same one as you lol.

Makematics

HSC
lol when i started my modules, i literally forget 80% of my quotes, but then all of them came back to me as i wrote the essays. so if you forget a few at the start, don't panic too much! but then again i crammed like hell to remember those quotes

Spiritual Being

hehehehehe
HSC
Uni Grad
OH MY GODDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fml

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)