Thoughts - How did you all find the exam? (1 Viewer)

pennywise

HSC
ha

1.ecosystems at risk is the easiest topic.....
2.that was an easy exam.
3.quit crying

bJ_Bhoy 87

HSC
Valeroso said:
Hahahahaha! Thats so funny! What did you write? I wonder if you could have said something like "One natural impact is the drought which stagnated rice supply", haha.
Have you ever heard of the "rice bug"? Well, there is one now. Oh, and flood decimated rice crops in 1972. Probably.

sovietski

HSC
Hey all
Though i'd contribute.

Overall, I thought the exam was semi-tough.
Multiple choice was easy i thought tho. Short answers were straight forward.

The essays were my three worst nightmares.

Urban studies one i had predicted, but didnt study. I answered a whole booklet on it, and think i did an OK job, but yeah not as good as my study.

Ecosystems at risk im screwed for because i didnt talk about any ecosystems in detail. Ill probs lose like 5 marks for it. the rest was straight from the text book tho IMO

Economic activity i had trouble understanding the question, but yeah i think i did OK ish.

Anyway, i dont know if i will end up with my band 6, but we'll see how we go.

Valeroso

HSC
bJ_Bhoy 87 said:
Have you ever heard of the "rice bug"? Well, there is one now. Oh, and flood decimated rice crops in 1972. Probably.
Hahahaha! Thats HILARIOUS! The word "decimated" looks so sophisticated, they're BOUND to believe it! *evil laugh* Ah those humans! First the bird flu being spread to humans, now human diseases impacting rice! What has the world come to?

sovietski

HSC
VE = H.S/V.S

i got it equalling 40 as 1cm = 40km on HS
1cm = 1km on v.s

Errr
Counter urbanisation
source b

yada yada yada

dunny22

HSC
what were the TWO economic activites for the first short answer question?

sovietski

HSC
alumina smelter
golf course

why?
because the land has interesting topography for a golf course and vegetatin is scarce blah blah

caity6

HSC
it was sooo bad!!! i had complete mind block for the whole thing and was not ready at all for those essays! i guess thats my bad tho...oohh well

crystel_angel

HSC
dunny22 said:
what were the TWO economic activites for the first short answer question?
I chose golf course and oil refinery
oil refinery cause it had access to port and wharf facilities for transport of refined oil

dunny22

HSC
i said oil refinery n sewerage plant.....so is the sewerage plant wrong/??

misspash

HSC
Geography

Hey

Geo Geo Geo...where to start.Seriously i was freaking out about this exam. It hasnt been the most strongest subject of mine. Iwent to school early to get over fear and nerves. By the time i got over feeling sick we had to start. I went straight to the essays...THANK GOD. My nerves ended. And i wrote consistantly for like 2.45 hrs. I am really happy with all of the questions, but i do agree this year the question were mentally exhausting. The skills section were quite tricky and were not appropriate for the time allocation as 2 mark question were taking like 5minutes to complete. I have been reading peoples responses and i am confident with my answers. Section 2 contained a nice variety of skills and textual based knowledge. The terniary graph though wasnt the most pleasant or maybe cause i dont do maths???

Overall, Essays were concise and straight forward, so the examiners can tell between last minute preparation and actually study a few months (or weeks) before exams.

SW0502

HSC
dunny22 said:
i said oil refinery n sewerage plant.....so is the sewerage plant wrong/??
SAME!!!!!!!!!! i wrote that too letd hope we were right eh hehe

sovietski

HSC
Hmmm

I hate to say, but yeah the sewerage plant is probably wrong... :S
Im not sure, but i mean it is a generally a government owned thing, and is a treatement plant, not an economically important production plant or anything.

dunny22

HSC
SWO502 do u rekon we are a chance of getting it right??/ lolz

frog3

My thoughts...

That exam was crap!!!

Hardly anything I had studied could be applied to the reports except as very brief examples. Overall I hope do to well in the reports but it seems like the general idea at the board of studies was to completely throw off people who were relying on their knowledge of their case studies. Then again some of the shorter questions it seemed were clearly aimmed at just confusing people by their wording...such as spatial patterns and enterprise.

I think this would of been one of the hardest geography papers, not necessarily as I didnt study as I did extensively or cant that do geography (I got 90% in the trials) but the majority of things we studied for were not needed in the end such as with the ecosystems report (being asked on ecosystems in general terms rather than on one of our case studies).

It was disappointing that the things we spent the majority of time studying on indepth were not asked about much such as urban dynamics but instead we were asked more about economic forces (such as the 2nd report). It wasnt a terrible exam, but not a good one either. Repeating what other people said we should get scaled up.

sammysparra

i didnt think it was all that bad but hey i dont know where they pulled that last question, does any 1 have 6 exams in the first 6 days aghhhhhh

GiantSloth

HSC
I said Oil refinery which looks right but is BHP siding right? I said that as my other economic activity.

What did people say for character of a world city???

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
character of world city is that world cities have cultural and political power

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)