Thoughts on Orientation (1 Viewer)

Salliea

HSC
The workshops were more or less useless, unless you wanted to mingle with the few people that attended the talks.

All I can say that the guy at the Lotus Theatre, Phillip? He was a class act. Ahaha.
I just went to the "Writting for Undergraduates" or something. Learnt nothing new :\ Reminded me a bit of HSC planning....

Ohhh Philip!! xD .... and his toilets ==;;
I thought he was entertaining haha. Btw, do you know remember which one was the 'haunted' toilets he mentioned?

MrBean1561

HSC
Uni Grad
I just went to the "Writting for Undergraduates" or something. Learnt nothing new :\ Reminded me a bit of HSC planning....

Ohhh Philip!! xD .... and his toilets ==;;
I thought he was entertaining haha. Btw, do you know remember which one was the 'haunted' toilets he mentioned?
Lol haunted toilets? Now I'm curious.

kkmok

HSC
Uni Grad
not complusory

I skipped last year..... rofl

Bloomster

HSC
N/A
I have the Academic Orientation tomorrow at 9am till 1pm.

Can anyone give a brief outline of what is covered during the 4hrs?

I'm a coming in as a mature age student and wondered if this info is pertinent for me as there is a special half hour session for mature age students at 2pm. I don't want to attend if it's all directed at high schoolers transitioning to uni.

Any feedback would be great.

Salliea

HSC
I have the Academic Orientation tomorrow at 9am till 1pm.

Can anyone give a brief outline of what is covered during the 4hrs?
If its the same as ours, then for the Orientation, you would be shown around the campus, have a library tour, an assembly with everyone from that department and then a free BBQ lunch :D
... Well, that's what happened in my Orientation at the very least.

Btw, this is a bit out of topic, but by any chance, is the Co-op Bookstore open tomorrow?

Last edited:

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
I've stopped going to the bookstore itself to be honest. I find the website so much easier since I don't have to lug all those books around all day (especially with the free shipping).

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
Exactly, i dunno why you wouldn't just buy from the site if you're going co-op, quick, free delivery and no massive lines...

Gangstar1

HSC
What was wrong with your group?
lol I dunno nobody wanted to talk to each other and when we did have something to talk about it would stop after like 5 mins pretty boring :\ esp during lunch were every group was going hard out and we were eating in silence lol

Salliea

HSC
lol I dunno nobody wanted to talk to each other and when we did have something to talk about it would stop after like 5 mins pretty boring :\ esp during lunch were every group was going hard out and we were eating in silence lol
I kinda....accidentally lost my group at lunch time and just sat with my friends from that attended the other departments. I made more friends at lunch time by talking with people next to me compared to my group :\

Fisiks

HSC
heh i got a really good group + mentor :p

only thing i got out of the library tour is that its worse than the old library, there are no quiet places to study it seems

Salliea

HSC
Exactly, i dunno why you wouldn't just buy from the site if you're going co-op, quick, free delivery and no massive lines...
OTL
Forgot about that option =x=''
But if I order it now...will it deliver in time?
Ah well, I'll keep that in mind for next semester ^^

only thing i got out of the library tour is that its worse than the old library, there are no quiet places to study it seems
I couldn't hear most of what my library tour guide said. I thought that the downstairs study area was quiet interesting though.

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
heh i got a really good group + mentor :p

lol, did your mentor have a bitch about the issues with the new library? Or did you work it out yourself? =p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)