Thoughts on Paper 1 of the CSSA Trial Exam (1 Viewer)

Arowana21

HSC
N/A
LoneWolf1990 said:
Comprehension texts

1.Some article involving symbols

2. A magazine cover with a picture of Mars

3. An extract from 'Heritage House' by Margret Atwood.(Whoever thought that this text is a journey should burn in hell!)

Creative writing, you had to write about a journey in time using quotes from the texts above.

Essay question:'Your Journey may not be mine. But you give me an understanding of what it is to make a Journey.'

I think it was something like that, when I had to do this paper, it was a bit daunting using first person, since this was the first question I came across which uses it. Anyway I felt the paper was more biased towards people who do Imaginative Journeys as the comprehension texts were imaginative journeys and the creative writing 'Journeys in time'-that says it all and the essay question 'Your Journey may not be mine...', Well Imaginative Journeys are certainly not ours!

Is it just me or is there a conspiracy going on by the Catholics?!
I guess with the essay question, u could relate that to feliks skryznecki and immigrants to central station cos u can simplify that quote to "a journey is what you make of it", it isnt anyone else's journey, but a journey in which the protagonist goes through, if u know what i mean.

Plus do remember what the quotes for the creative?

Triple777ER

Vamos Rojas
HSC
IT WAS A JOURNEY THROUGH TIME

so.....how exactly is a journey through time supposed to be like? can anyone enlighten me?

LoneWolf1990

HSC
Arowana21 said:
I guess with the essay question, u could relate that to feliks skryznecki and immigrants to central station cos u can simplify that quote to "a journey is what you make of it", it isnt anyone else's journey, but a journey in which the protagonist goes through, if u know what i mean.

Plus do remember what the quotes for the creative?
First off, who are you and how did you know I do Peter Skrzynecki??!!:uhoh:

and sorry I don't remember two of the quotes, but I remember the one I used, it was: "The Time has come to expand our horizons" since I could mold that into a physical journey.:rolleyes:

madd-eh?

Super Member.
HSC
Zippora said:
so im not crazy?
the only thing is that while everyone laughs at it as a possibility in retrospect, i actually wrote it down and my teacher is going to read it haha. oh well at least it didnt count for me.
it doesnt count for you?????

lanymphet

HSC
heritage house was a physical journey too, same with mars, cause we need to physically get there one day, same with the first one, since ppl physically travelled the roads. all journeys entail spiritual growth so its always inner somehow. the texts related to all 3 journeys.

lanymphet

HSC
if you're thinking through time like.. time travel, it dusnt mean that. it means a journey that was progressive.

dwarven

[SMSHS'08']
HSC
dammit shudve waffled on about how journeys are time consuming and stuff:burn:

Propadanda

HSC
N/A
I loved that paper, the essay question was great and I think I wrote the best one I have ever written in exam conditions. Hopefullyyyy I get 40/45. HOPEFULLY.

Zippora

HSC
madd-eh? said:
it doesnt count for you?????
nup, i dont know i think our school had already assessed too much on area of study or exam conditions or who knows whatever..
but our paper 1 trial didnt go towards our hsc, only the paper 2

ellie110

HSC
THANKGOD, someone like me. ALL the texts SUCKED SO BAD!!!!!!!! Heritage House is by far the worst text that has ever been put into a trial exam, acutally the wrost text on this planet. The other two texts were pathetic. None of the texts had any substance and no undelying themes or concepts that I could elaborate on, maybe if if i had 4 hours to read the texts 30000 times each i might be able to do something but overall, I hated it. Part 2 and 3 were pretty reasonable but i expect to fail. I take my hat off to all those who understood one word of part 1.

how many people only used one related text?

iluvGG

HSC
haha. yes. got paper 1 back today. . hmm, not too good! haha. and getting paper 2 back tomoro. hopefully will go better in that!!!!

iluvGG

HSC
haha, got 63% total. ahhh, how crappy. and 2/3 of my year failed!?! wth. english sucks. grr.

08rf

random_rach
HSC
nice to know some of u's didnt fancy the paper...i found it a little gay - havent got marks bak but not expecting the awesome.
the texts a bit odd....... i guess the essay was too open-ended 4 me
oh well....lol

Cabrera1990

HSC
I got 70% in Paper One & 70% in Ppaer Two! Im really upset about how i went...:( ah well its dun and dusted and arent we theoretically supposed to get 10% extra in the real HSC because the Trials are "HARDER".....well i hope so!

anirudh18

HSC
I did better than expected overall, i got 100% for Paper 1 - Area of Study and 96% for Modules. Ended up with 96% in total. Someone in my grade got 100% for both papers -0-

Last edited:

Triple777ER

Vamos Rojas
HSC
anirudh18 said:
I did better than expected overall, i got 100% for Paper 1 - Area of Study and 96% for Modules. Ended up with 96% in total. Someone in my grade got 100% for both papers -0-
Do you expect us to believe that?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)