Thoughts on Paper 1 of the CSSA Trial Exam (1 Viewer)

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
VicerExciser said:
Tomorrow shant be a good day, i can't memorise a single essay, let alone 3.

brb suicidin'

Yeah true that.
Ditto on the BRB.

No the way I see it nothing can possibly worse than creative writing today.

Basic Synopsis:

1. Some Irish guy remembers sitting in a car, having a conversation with two ghosts, but can't recall what one of them said.
  2. Then he is randomly walking down a street.
  3. THEN he gets a letter from his sister who is 'going on holiday' - symbolic of DEATH.
  4. Then we find out he is at war for the British even though he is Irish.
  5. THEN we find out that his two friends die and they are the ghosts he was in the car with.
  6. After this he goes home and within seconds of him arrving home his sister dies.
  7. Then it turns into a euthanasia thing with his mother. He's all like "No, I love you" and she's like "I need you to do this."
  8. Then he kills her and walks out of the house.
  9. Then he meets the mother of one of the guys who was at war with him and died.
  10. And he's like "Let me tell you how it got to be how it is now"
  11. And she's like "Yes, dear, but only after you eat your supper."

catrousel

HSC
My achievements are always so freakin' sporadic. We had an Emma/Clueless in-class essay a week or so ago that we had the whole of the holidays to prepare for, and I haven't read the book or watched the movie and somehow managed a 17/20. BUT, when I throughly study for something, and really "prepare" myself, when I actually TRY, I come out with an average mark.

Am I the only one that this happens to?

Ugh... as for tomorrow, I'm going to prepare some essays. At least I've got the Emma/Clueless one out the way, and Gwen Harwood poetry seems like a pretty simple topic to ~wing~. As for Frontline... it's almost 7pm, I don't have a second related text and I'm relying on second-hand information for my first.

Hahhaa. ...ahhh. The internet will be the fail of me D:

Advv

HSC
My god. The exam was a bitch. Heritage House was pretty hard to understand (I never figured it out). I used that to my advantage and said that it wasn't effective since it required a lot of decyphering to reveal the idea of journeys through time. I quite liked the first text though. Wasn't hard to understand.

I'm pretty sure I messed up sections 2 and 3 though. It was just.. x_x. I had an essay and story all prepared but I fell asleep somehow and didn't get to memorise it...

At my school, paper one = 20%. Paper 2 has different weightings for each essay. 20% for module C, 10% for A and 5% for B.

Total = 55%. Kill me now. Please? D:

We got the form for module B and 3 possible essay questions for C.

networkmaster

HSC
Everything here is so true.

I was talking with a bunch of people after the exam, our teachers have been cramming physical journey at us for terms, and suddenly its something completely different! like wtf

I'm so tempted to print this tread and show it to our HT English lol

proringz

HSC
Looks like I'm with everyone about Text three in section 1. Ahh friggin' King Lear and Wordsworth tomorrow (Frontline not too bad).

Sonata

HSC
BackCountrySnow said:
That's just stupid tohave trials worth 10%.
well my chemistry trials is worth fking 60-70%
pretty much everything else is like 20-40% if i remember correctly?

WHARF

HSC
what the fk? how come your trials are worth so much. i think its worth less than that. mine are worth 10 - 30% max. assessments make up the rest.

today i totally blanked out on english paper 1. totally screwed. forgot everything. my pro story that fit perfectly with the time quote about present and past, omg zzz , probably max marks ill get is 15/45

zooby

HSC
heritage house what the hell is that?
very confusing
i said that "heritage' represents journey through time

Last edited:

Annalisee

HSC
For once in my life section three was the easiest, my creative writing was a magnificent flop and heritage house WHAT THE FUCK
loved the mars thing though, was coo'

since when do you have to title the creative writing?

Zippora

HSC
-According to the conditions of supply of CSSA trial papers for 2008:
'papers scheduled for both weeks must be taken at time/date specified'
Yes, some schools do the ccsa trials later, but those schools have no ethics

-also, did anyone think that the heritage house was actually a brothal? i immediately thought so... "LEATHER MASKS. MANACLES (hand cuffs). CORSETS. CHASTITY BELTS
and all teh women...
and the lady who answered the door was dressed in a robe...

i wrote about the journey of the responder.. that we are taken on a journey with the naive narrator only to coime t the understanding of the true nature of the 'heritage house' aka whore house

everyone i have talked to didnt think that at all.. and from what ive read nor did anyone here.. but it seemed so clear to me haha?

Can some one get back to me on the brothal part because i reallllyy want to know if anyone else thought so??????

Last edited:

Shan4curry

HSC
Hahaha, a brothel! Never thought of it that way...
I should've though. =P

This exam was alright. Creative writing question was CLOSELY related to one of my prepared plots. Not sure about the Reading Task. I don't remember how well/badly I wrote in the last section.

(I really don't sound like I want to think about it =P)

Zippora

HSC
but now that i point it out do you see where i am coming from?

hayerley

HSC
Wow, a brothel!
It actually does make sense but what about the fact that men weren't interested/didn't go there a lot? Or at the end where it was like "the language was now obsolete" or something like that b/c I don't think that the language in or about a brothel would be obsolete b/c they're still around..?
hmm dunno aye...
I hope you're right...that would be hilarious if it is
You should let us know what your teacher says when you get your paper back :uhhuh:

Last edited:

dwarven

[SMSHS'08']
HSC
yeah i didnt get the heritage house :angry:

but everything else was alright

daniiwm

HSC
i did not get it either was stupid story
so glad english is over :uhhuh:

FLYHAWK14

HSC
N/A
I just did Paper 1(CSSA) today, umm, what can I say, Where the hell is the journey in Heritage House???????????????!!!!!!!!!!!! Whoever decided to say that it is a good journey text to include will be terminated!

Last edited:

madd-eh?

Super Member.
HSC
uhhh glad to see that I wasn't the only one screwed over by the journeys paper.

haha and heritage house soo was whore house.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)