Thoughts? (1 Viewer)

Undermyskin

Self-delusive
HSC
danz90 said:
Lol I bs'd it too.

One point I looked at was the volume of the water body as a whole. Chlorination would be a much more effective way of treating the water for microorganisms, than something like reverse osmosis - due to high costs yadda yadda.

Then my 2nd point related to any industrial sites in proximity leaching out toxic wastes such as heavy metals in effluents. precipitation and microfiltration would need 2 be used bla bla.
lol
WOW.

Er, do you think that if you can persuade the marker to look in the way you interpreted the question, you'll still get marks?

danz90

HSC
Undermyskin said:
WOW.

Er, do you think that if you can persuade the marker to look in the way you interpreted the question, you'll still get marks?
Lol so u reckon 0/5 for me?

I also talked about AAS being used to analyse water samples for presence of heavy metal cations... maybe shud get something for that.

P.S. Do u mean WOW, as in I totally didn't answer the question, or the other way?

JamesTockuss

HSC
r0kstar said:
im pretty sure it didnt say YOUR local catchment... just a catchment
Yeh it didn't say YOUR. But I just went ... The sanitisation process of a water catchment, such as the blah blah catchment for example, depends on its properties. + Sources of contamination for my local Catchment + ways they treat this

vds700

HSC
I think that exam was a gift. So easy, loved all the calculations and the ethanol question was great! Shipwrecks option was a piece of cake too, i was able to write heaps for the 7 marker on resoration of artefacts

YAY its over!!

Undermyskin

Self-delusive
HSC
Danz, just that your answer does look right. But since I'm not even sure what it really means, I can't confirm that you'll get 5/5 for it. But you haven't answered my question, we'll get marks if we can convince them?

I just know that by mentioning "contaminants", you'll get a mark.

adnan91

HSC
That was the absolute best paper ive ever done!!! mc was maad short answer was sooo good and the option was soo good im so happy they put detergents for 7 marker

P.T.F.E

HSC
Not sure ay. It wasnt EASY but not HARD. That bio - ETHANOL CAN SUCK poo. calculations heaps good. all those who says its eay and will scale bad i hope ur wrong cause i didnt think it was as hard as last years test but wasnt as easy as like 2002. 06 etc. Industrial was alright FRASH PROCESS soo good and detergents 7 marks swwet as. :uhoh: confused to good or bad

kangms

HSC
adnan91 said:
That was the absolute best paper ive ever done!!! mc was maad short answer was sooo good and the option was soo good im so happy they put detergents for 7 marker
BOOO ADNAN BOO. Just cause you do 4unit...LOL. The paper was decent i guess. Abit confusing here and there but all good. Now we have to play the WAITING GAME

P.T.F.E

HSC
i think i screwed up the CFC's Quest and the petrol 80L quest STOP saying its easy tho i bet u u really screwd it up hahaha

jcurry

HSC
the paper was about what i expected but ilost my claculator going into the exam :mad: and so im bound to lose marks off all the calculations

P.T.F.E

HSC
jcurry said:
the paper was about what i expected but ilost my claculator going into the exam :mad: and so im bound to lose marks off all the calculations

i would hav cried

Undermyskin

Self-delusive
HSC
Poly tetra fluoro ethene: I did screw it up. As far as I know that I finally got the right answer but (!) I sort of crossed out like 3 times and ended up writing the results one line below the ...... It's just confusing 'cuz I keep looking at the second column. But it's maths, how further can it go?

shakky15

HSC
gezzill said:
the chlorine.
platinum is inert and just transfers the elctrons
h i thought chlorine was the anode, coz it gets oxidised??

cl- loses an electron to become cl gas... oxidation is loss, reduction is gain?

i hope im not confusing with soemthing esle here

Aaron.Judd

HSC
jcurry said:
WTF??? Borrow one from a teacher/another student.

Marinatos

HSC
I thought it was fairly easy...none of the stuff I didn't know xD The multiple choice were a bit wierd and I bullshitted part of my elective, but I could have written more if there was more time.

danz90

HSC
Undermyskin said:
Danz, just that your answer does look right. But since I'm not even sure what it really means, I can't confirm that you'll get 5/5 for it. But you haven't answered my question, we'll get marks if we can convince them?

I just know that by mentioning "contaminants", you'll get a mark.
Well, I think so. I've read somewhere on this forum, I think cem said that, that she's come across a script where the student has answered/approached the question from a very different angle etc. and then the senior marker decided it was an A-range response.

So I think yeah, if your resonse is logical and valid, then you should be fine.

Then again, I agree the question was worded a little stupidly..

Undermyskin

Self-delusive
HSC
shakky15 said:
h i thought chlorine was the anode, coz it gets oxidised??

cl- loses an electron to become cl gas... oxidation is loss, reduction is gain?

i hope im not confusing with soemthing esle here
You're studying too much. Relax.

OK, to become a negatively charged ion, an atom needs to gain electron. Gaining = reduced.

So Cl2 is of the cathode.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)