Timetables (1 Viewer)

thedemonpk3r

HSC
Hey guys, just a quick question, how can I get onto the usyd website and fix up or rather set up my timetable...? Because apparently what I've gotten so far is the they are released in mid February this month, but how can I go abouts setting time slots in?

passionxmusic

HSC
N/A
You can't. It's a personalised timetable where the system chooses a class time that best suits you. You can change and swap around classes once the timetable has been released. If the lecture is only offered at that time then you have to work with it.

Edit: And you can block off time slots where you don't want a class until you get a perfect timetable. It'll make sense when you get it.

Last edited:

thedemonpk3r

HSC
Does the uni try to put everything in well organised time slots? Cause I don't and to be having to go to uni for one lecture a day or going to uni for like 10 hours in one day? You know what I mean...

passionxmusic

HSC
N/A
Does the uni try to put everything in well organised time slots? Cause I don't and to be having to go to uni for one lecture a day or going to uni for like 10 hours in one day? You know what I mean...
I hear you man but unfortunately like I said if the lecture is only offered on that day (on that time slot) then you have to work with it - I had to come in for one lecture for just the one day a couple of times myself (and sometimes its a tutorial or them random Applied Anatomy classes that run on Fridays).

https://web.timetable.usyd.edu.au/menu.jsp?siteMap=true

^ Use this to check your lecture and possible tutorial times and the system does try and get you the best possible classes but if that time slot is full then there is nothing you can do unless you contact the tutor or lecture to work your way around it. When you do get your timetable keep switching out of and blocking time slots until you get the desirable timetable. Do it everyday because there are students who drop out and change their class times too. :)

EDIT: I should note that you should do it everyday until uni starts because most classes will be locked out after that.

Last edited:

Amundies

Commander-in-Chief
HSC
Uni Grad
What I would suggest it putting your tutorials on the same day as you have lectures, that way you don't have that day where you have just one lecture (which you'll end up skipping after a few weeks).

EDIT: This would be done by ticking the boxes and saying that you aren't available for days when you don't have lectures (you'll understand when you see it). How to find out what days you have lectures? Keep reading!

If you want to check out what times your lectures and tutes are held for your subjects, check out this site: https://web.timetable.usyd.edu.au/menu.jsp?level0=Timetable Unit&level1=UOS. Type in your UoS Code (e.g. MATH1001), make sure it's session 1 and Year 2015.

antheung

HSC
N/A
What I would suggest it putting your tutorials on the same day as you have lectures, that way you don't have that day where you have just one lecture (which you'll end up skipping after a few weeks).

EDIT: This would be done by ticking the boxes and saying that you aren't available for days when you don't have lectures (you'll understand when you see it). How to find out what days you have lectures? Keep reading!

If you want to check out what times your lectures and tutes are held for your subjects, check out this site: https://web.timetable.usyd.edu.au/menu.jsp?level0=Timetable Unit&level1=UOS. Type in your UoS Code (e.g. MATH1001), make sure it's session 1 and Year 2015.
Unfortunately, two subjects that I want to do are held at the same time. :(

Amundies

Commander-in-Chief
HSC
Uni Grad
Unfortunately, two subjects that I want to do are held at the same time. :(
Ah, that sucks :( Maybe see if one of the lecturers records and uploads their lectures, if not then you may have to do the subject at a later date. That's the one good thing about engineering lol, classes never clash cos there aren't like 1000 subs to choose from.

antheung

HSC
N/A
Ah, that sucks :( Maybe see if one of the lecturers records and uploads their lectures, if not then you may have to do the subject at a later date. That's the one good thing about engineering lol, classes never clash cos there aren't like 1000 subs to choose from.
Yeah it definitely sucks, especially because this is my last chance to do either subject before I graduate :( Last semester I had a clash too but it was between one lecture and one tutorial so I could skip the tutorial. But this time I'll be missing two out of three lectures per week if I insist on doing both. :frown2:

I think I'll have friends doing each of those units though :) Hopefully they'll share their notes with me

Is there something called a "clash form" that you have to fill in if you have clashes? I remotely remember hearing a lecturer asking students to get one in the first week of lectures two years ago, but it had nothing to do with me then so I didn't find out what it was.

Amundies

Commander-in-Chief
HSC
Uni Grad
Hmm, never heard of it sorry. Although I've never been in that situation so I don't know much about these things anyway. Getting your friends to share notes with you would be a good idea, and better if you could study the subject with them so that you can clarify anything that you don't get.

antheung

HSC
N/A
Hmm, never heard of it sorry. Although I've never been in that situation so I don't know much about these things anyway. Getting your friends to share notes with you would be a good idea, and better if you could study the subject with them so that you can clarify anything that you don't get.
Never mind, and thanks :eek: Yeah I guess the best thing to do is to study with my friends as there aren't many other units of study that fit my timetable or look interesting enough :blink2:

passionxmusic

HSC
N/A
@antheung - I had 3 units with lectures that clashed in my last year (first semester) and I still managed to keep up with the work on my own (not the type to ask friends unless I really need to haha). What sucks is that if it is a major clash (which the system will notify you) you're going to have to come in to fix it and get special permission to work around the system - and the line to fix clashes were so long.

Enjoy your last semester ~ :)

antheung

HSC
N/A
@antheung - I had 3 units with lectures that clashed in my last year (first semester) and I still managed to keep up with the work on my own (not the type to ask friends unless I really need to haha). What sucks is that if it is a major clash (which the system will notify you) you're going to have to come in to fix it and get special permission to work around the system - and the line to fix clashes were so long.

Enjoy your last semester ~ :)
Thanks for your reply Passionxmusic! :D

Yeah I guess mine will be regarded as a major clash :( Do you remember if it was a complicated process to get special permission when it comes to timetable clashes? And who should I speak to? (The same School is in charge of both units of study, if that matters at all).

passionxmusic

HSC
N/A
Thanks for your reply Passionxmusic! :D

Yeah I guess mine will be regarded as a major clash :( Do you remember if it was a complicated process to get special permission when it comes to timetable clashes? And who should I speak to? (The same School is in charge of both units of study, if that matters at all).
The system tells you to come in on anytime on specific dates to fix the timetable up. No matter how early you get there you will end up waiting in a massive line to fix up a clash that takes less than a minute to fix and then afterwards get told that since it is a major clash you on your own have to contact the lecturer to work something out. And that was my experience in a nutshell - pretty easy just time consuming.

antheung

HSC
N/A
The system tells you to come in on anytime on specific dates to fix the timetable up. No matter how early you get there you will end up waiting in a massive line to fix up a clash that takes less than a minute to fix and then afterwards get told that since it is a major clash you on your own have to contact the lecturer to work something out. And that was my experience in a nutshell - pretty easy just time consuming.
Ah, I see. Thanks again for your reply! :D

passionxmusic

HSC
N/A
Ah, I see. Thanks again for your reply! :D
I also had a clash with two units that had major assessments (a quiz) at the same time and had to contact the lecturers to work something out. One lecturer was the good guy telling me: sure we can arrange a time for you to complete this assessment whereas the other lecturer was... you get the point. They told me to run along and choose between two major assessments. Just make sure you don't have major assessments like mid-sems due on the same time slot and no problems ~

Last edited:

antheung

HSC
N/A
I also had a clash with two units that had major assessments (a quiz) at the same time and had to contact the lecturers to work something out. One lecturer was the good guy telling me: sure we can arrange a time for you to complete this assessment whereas the other lecturer was... you get the point. They told me to run along and choose between two major assessments. Just make sure you don't have major assessments like mid-sems due on the same time slot and no problems ~
Thanks for pointing that out! :D

Unless the lecturer has changed the arrangements for the assessments for his unit of study, I think at least one of the units of study doesn't have any quizzes or in-class assessments. But I'll confirm that with the lecturers just in case when semester begins. :D

flashyGoldFish

HSC
N/A
What day do we think they'll come out? Middle of feb could be anything from the end of this week to early next week

passionxmusic

HSC
N/A
It usually comes out before O Week.

Edit: a few days before O Week. Friends be telling me they expect their timetables to be released next Monday.

Last edited:

YOLO_SWAYG

HSC
N/A
If there's a clash on the timetable due to one unit of study can I change that unit to something else online?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)