Tips for productivity & wellbeing (1 Viewer)

oml

HSC
Hey guys!! I created this thread for everyone to share their tips & secrets to being productive, studying, and in general maintaining good mental health. Please feel free to contribute your fav apps, strategies/methods, and ideas to help each other through these times!!

lolcti

HSC
N/A
I don’t study a lot but people think I study like a lottt for my grades especially since it’s hard at my school. I’ll give a few tips to the fellow bos’ers who may care ; )
  • Pomodoro timer: I do 50 minutes and do 10 minute break using https://studywithme.io/aesthetic-pomodoro-timer/ which is so good cause it has a timer, is aesthetic and you can listen to lofi without spotify or YouTube (no adds) !!
  • Anki - best app for flashcards for free, just don’t use for chem, physics, and maths. I recommend it for heavy memorisation subjects like bio, legal studies, business, etc…
  • Whiteboard & IPad - GUYS DEF INVEST IN A WHITEBOARD ITS SO USEFUL OMG. Even an iPad is the same!! It’s so much easier to take notes and in a way it’ll also benefit you since you’re hsc exams are written, it’s better than typing.
  • Neon highlighters - Yeah pastel highlighters are cute, but ugly neon colours stand out and you’ll be better off with them.
  • During class always write questions about what you’re learning, I lowkey never write in class and instead write small dot points and questions I want to know so I can extend my knowledge so it’s not just plain words!!
Also I hope this helps <3

mzkashi

HSC
awesome idea! I'm not the best for this, but generally I like to encourage my friends / classmates,
- Breaks are okay, it's good to rest, otherwise you'll end up burnt out.
- Trying out hobbies like reading, cooking or exercise, something that isn't like games or movies, I guess. Not that either is bad, but one will help you build some good skills/knowledge/health, and it always makes you feel pretty good.
- Getting sunlight and getting outside! I swear, I've always been terrible with sunlight, but it's always good for you, even if you're just opening a window while you study, it helps a little!
- Timeblocking schedules - it might not work for everyone, but it's working really well for me in academic season, definitely that sense of structure can be quite helpful in keeping you on track
Sorry my tips are mostly wellbeing based and sort of basic, I think it's one of the biggest things to focus on though, school is so damn stressful

mmmmmmmmaaaaaaa

HSC
- Trying out hobbies like reading, cooking or exercise, something that isn't like games or movies, I guess. Not that either is bad, but one will help you build some good skills/knowledge/health, and it always makes you feel pretty good.
I agree. Through my watching of movies and video game playing, I have learnt very valuable life lessons - although I can't say it always makes me feel good

Cute-Duckie

HSC
In terms of things that I find good for my productivity and wellbeing...
  • Find an app or focus timer or some tracker you actually care about your stats on to motivate you to study just that little bit more
  • I've found having an ATAR goal kind of unrewarding as most of the courses I want to get into are more Arts and History kind of stuff (which you don't need a high ATAR for at all lol), so setting a goal for a certain mark on each assessment task I do is much more motivating for me
  • Breaks are essential
  • Plan your time well - especially if you have a lot to do.
  • Struggling to get to sleep because of stress? I like to tell myself that the best thing I can do to help combat that stress is to simply get to sleep.
  • Going on walks - even if I don't want to, is a great way to have a break from studying when I want kind of a minimal effort maximum results (from the benefits of the break)
  • EAT GOOD FOOD. Don't starve yourself, don't eat tons of junk. You feel way better!
That's all I'm bothered to write right now but I might do more later if I feel like it.

lolcti

HSC
N/A
A sudden thought popped up and I know its quite irrelevant to this thread but is it bad that I seek motivation for studying by being in bed?
thats the only way I study lmaoooo, it helps me stay comfortable and relaxed while I'm studying but i think i may have ruined my posture and back when actually writing notes :D its okay though its all worth it

lolcti

HSC
N/A
awesome idea! I'm not the best for this, but generally I like to encourage my friends / classmates,
- Breaks are okay, it's good to rest, otherwise you'll end up burnt out.
- Getting sunlight and getting outside! I swear, I've always been terrible with sunlight, but it's always good for you, even if you're just opening a window while you study, it helps a little!
- Timeblocking schedules - it might not work for everyone, but it's working really well for me in academic season, definitely that sense of structure can be quite helpful in keeping you on track
Sorry my tips are mostly wellbeing based and sort of basic, I think it's one of the biggest things to focus on though, school is so damn stressful
omg in my school once we were all studying for the same test right and people made fake websites and all to sabotage others, its so toxic and competitive I ain't ever helping these losers again

mzkashi

HSC
I agree. Through my watching of movies and video game playing, I have learnt very valuable life lessons - although I can't say it always makes me feel good
oh yeah, same! I feel like games are so good in moderation, but when you overindulge, it really gets in the way of things

mzkashi

HSC
In terms of things that I find good for my productivity and wellbeing...
  • Find an app or focus timer or some tracker you actually care about your stats on to motivate you to study just that little bit more
  • I've found having an ATAR goal kind of unrewarding as most of the courses I want to get into are more Arts and History kind of stuff (which you don't need a high ATAR for at all lol), so setting a goal for a certain mark on each assessment task I do is much more motivating for me
  • Breaks are essential
  • Plan your time well - especially if you have a lot to do.
  • Struggling to get to sleep because of stress? I like to tell myself that the best thing I can do to help combat that stress is to simply get to sleep.
  • Going on walks - even if I don't want to, is a great way to have a break from studying when I want kind of a minimal effort maximum results (from the benefits of the break)
  • EAT GOOD FOOD. Don't starve yourself, don't eat tons of junk. You feel way better!
That's all I'm bothered to write right now but I might do more later if I feel like it.
Your points are all so good, especially walking/sleep/eating well.. definetely something I want to get back on track.. Eating is so important though, really, you get out what you put in 😅
I'm totally gonna try out your second point, with goal grade>goal ATAR, sounds so much more rewarding than putting all focus into the big picture, rather focus on small goals that add up :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)