TMAT! The Martial Arts Thread (2 Viewers)

doe

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by JKDDragon
Wing Chun Kung Fu.
and here was me assuming the JKD in your nick meant Jeet Kune Do :)

berry580

HSC
>Go Kan Ryu
>Beverly Hills, Sydney (not USA- the country that invades some 3rd world defenceless oil filled country to 'save the world':cool: )

I've been training for over 1/2 year, and I find some of those more advanced blocks or stances to be not practical in real situations, because in fact even when those black belts is sparring, I never see them use those moves.
Those basic and advanced stances (e.g cat stance- lean all weight on on leg, with other in front with no weight on it, touching the ground ready to do a front kick) and blocks (e.g triple block) are never praticed in sparring (suppose to simulate real situations), so whats even the point in learning them?:confused:

santaslayer

HSC
1) Kung Fu- namely Wu Shu

2) Train at Ultimo on Sundays and the Hurstville Salvation Army on Wednesdays.

3) I've been doing it on and off for nine years. I started when I was nine and I'm 18 now. :)
We don't have grades and don't think we will ever implement such a system. If your good, your good. You don't need tangabile items to show your "class".

4) Some university students are trying to make a website right now. I'll post it up when we get it up and running. Maybe I'll ask the admins on BoS for help too. :p

ParagonAZN

HSC
N/A
Does anyone here do jujutsu? Cause I wanna practice that after the hsc and i need to find a place to practice. If you know of any places please tell me.

Kulazzi

HSC
did tae kwon do for 4 years at Bankstown PCYC, but stopped b/c of amt of school work and wasn't competitive enough

thinking of doing tae kwon do thats only for girls........I think its situated in Lakemba

doofus bob

i'm michelle
i do freestyle tkd
been doing it for about seven years [taking a hsc induced break at the moment but will go back to it when the evil exams are done with]
train in bankstown and sometimes caringbah

ravenheart

HSC
sup...streetfighting...really useful...no rules...single aim..knock the crap outta ur opponent..btw, is streetfighting categorised as martial arts?

Mizuki

HSC
N/A
Kulazzi said:
thinking of doing tae kwon do thats only for girls........I think its situated in Lakemba
Do you know exactly where that is, cause I want to do that as well...

FlyinTyger

HSC
i do freestyle martial arts designed for street :)

i do it at a family friend's house and have been doing it since i was 5

freestyle includes

TKD
Karate
Western Boxing
JKD
Muay Thai
Wing Chun

breaking for HSC

Wild Dan Hibiki

teh sex0r
HSC
rishi said:
Hey, i do brazilian jiu jitsu ( more modern more fun more moves and VERY PRACTICAL) i do it in concord.. check the website

www.sinosicperosh.com.au
u train with elvis and anthony? what are the rates like? i'd train there but the place is too far away from my place

HSC
monaro-man said:
TMAT! The Martial Arts Thread!

okay, everyone who does any form of martial art, post here!

post these things:

1> Name of the martial art (duh)
2> Where u train
3> How long you've been doing it
4> a url if possible

i do a Vietnamese martial art called Vovinam Viet Vo Dao. there are two training places i know of, bankstown and fairfeld. ive been doing it for almost one and a half years (yes, im a noob) but have to stop until i finish hsc (im only in yr 11). it rocks. www.vovinam.com
lol wtf i do that too

Wild Dan Hibiki

teh sex0r
HSC
i used to do vovinam at cabramatta pcyc when i was like 8. i quit after like 2 lessons LOL

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)