To all HSC students stressing (1 Viewer)

emsy245

HSC
I'm just starting my hsc and already I keep stressing due to i dont feel like im on top of my studies. However, I have been trying to find all over the internet some useul study tips and how to make summaries. Can anyone please help me?
& thank you sly for your word of advice, it makes me feel less guilty now when i give up an hour so here or there to go to the gym or watch my shows. :) :jump:

enoilgam

HSC
I'm just starting my hsc and already I keep stressing due to i dont feel like im on top of my studies. However, I have been trying to find all over the internet some useul study tips and how to make summaries. Can anyone please help me?
& thank you sly for your word of advice, it makes me feel less guilty now when i give up an hour so here or there to go to the gym or watch my shows. :) :jump:
Here are some good general study tips: http://community.boredofstudies.org/showthread.php?t=287498

With regards to making notes and summaries, there isnt one method which works for everyone. As I have said many times before, study is about finding what works for you. Some people find doing notes with bright colours and dynamic layouts to be best, whilst others (like me), prefer something more bland. Quite a few people like to make their notes across the whole year or straight away at the beginining, whilst others prefer to leave it closer to the exams. You should do whatever is more effective for you.

Stelleee

HSC

currently listening to this lol. pretty relaxing
HAHAHAHHAA^^^^^ good plan.

But yeah, thank you to all you ex-students who just posted that :) It's comforting to know people are there and supportive...also however, I don't feel like I am giving it my best shot, which makes me feel regretful...but hey...I finish in 3 days...

The uni points between you guys aren't very inspiring though hahaha!

Vicky_x

HSC
N/A
I think this is an important thing to remember - many HSC graduates look back and say "ohhh the HSC was easy" or "It's such a joke - it isnt even that important" but that is with the gift of hindsight (and as the saying goes, hindsight is 20/20). When you are actually doing it, many people often feel that it is daunting or extremely stressful.
so true.... at times I feign confidence and think ill be okay... but usually at 11pm the night before the exam i realise i dont know nearly enough to get a really good mark...
& its just exhausting when so many people have finished at i have my hardest exams yet to come hahah

Aliyas

HSC
so true.... at times I feign confidence and think ill be okay... but usually at 11pm the night before the exam i realise i dont know nearly enough to get a really good mark...
& its just exhausting when so many people have finished at i have my hardest exams yet to come hahah
Oh man, I am in that exact position right now. I'm pretty bad at physics but I thought I'd be somewhat alright tomorrow, then it just ticked over to 11pm and I realised that I actually do not know a SINGLE THING, despite studying my ass off. It's going to be a horrible day tomorrow. A horrible, horrible day.

HSC
Uni Grad
I think this is an important thing to remember - many HSC graduates look back and say "ohhh the HSC was easy" or "It's such a joke - it isnt even that important" but that is with the gift of hindsight (and as the saying goes, hindsight is 20/20). When you are actually doing it, many people often feel that it is daunting or extremely stressful.
We tend to look at these things retrospectively and also take into account the difficulty of each. So when you were doing the HSC, you would have found it quite hard and all, but when you tend to look back, you realize how easy it is.

But that being said, I actually found the HSC a lot easier (no joke) compared to university, or I guess it was probs just the subjects I was doing that contributed to the easiness (fucking actuarial studies atm =_=)

Vicky_x

HSC
N/A
Oh man, I am in that exact position right now. I'm pretty bad at physics but I thought I'd be somewhat alright tomorrow, then it just ticked over to 11pm and I realised that I actually do not know a SINGLE THING, despite studying my ass off. It's going to be a horrible day tomorrow. A horrible, horrible day.
I don't know what to do :S i spent so much time focusing on both my history subjects that were this week... & after physics i still have chemistry :|
but I'm sure heaps of kids are in the same boat... & when we get into the exam things will come to us... right?

Renegader

HSC
If people can't handle the HSC, how are they going to cope with the rest of their lives? How will you handle the stress of starting and looking after a family, juggling and keeping multiple jobs while attempting to keep your difficult coworkers and boss happy so you can afford to pay your million dollar mortgage and pay for your kids schooling, constantly fearing your property will be repossessed then trying to save up for retirement. The HSC is NOTHING.
Not necessarily, people stress for the HSC because they don't want to end up in the position your described. They want a decent income, etc. Do well in the HSC and you're basically set - of course there are alternative pathways at the expense of a few extra years - but yeah.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)