To all the Year10's of '05 (1 Viewer)

sf_diegoxrock

HSC
If you look through the past threads you'll see plenty of people saying that the School Certificate was a joke and :uhhuh: I would have to agree.
I did the SC in '04 and studied hard for 3days and applied myself to school for the whole year and when it came to finally to an end, after two days and five exams.. it was all over! and to think.. what was with the big fuss all the teachers were making before we sat the exams.. so my advice to you all is to RELAX.
No, i'm not telling you not to study or pay attention in class.. just don't get freaked out about it and I know many of you won't believe me when I say its a joke.. but you will when its over :) enjoy year 10, its the last year of bludging!

Mumma

HSC
years 7-10 is one big bludge. if you do study for your yearlys a bit, and listen in class, you wont need to study for the SC

A l

HSC
N/A
sf_diegoxrock said:
If you look through the past threads you'll see plenty of people saying that the School Certificate was a joke and :uhhuh: I would have to agree.
I did the SC in '04 and studied hard for 3days and applied myself to school for the whole year and when it came to finally to an end, after two days and five exams.. it was all over! and to think.. what was with the big fuss all the teachers were making before we sat the exams.. so my advice to you all is to RELAX.
No, i'm not telling you not to study or pay attention in class.. just don't get freaked out about it and I know many of you won't believe me when I say its a joke.. but you will when its over :) enjoy year 10, its the last year of bludging!
Also, for Year 10's of 2005, be thankful (or disappointed) that you do not have to take the mandatory Computing Skills Assessment which will come into effect by 2006.

sf_diegoxrock

HSC
A l said:
Also, for Year 10's of 2005, be thankful (or disappointed) that you do not have to take the mandatory Computing Skills Assessment which will come into effect by 2006.

hahaha i keep hearing u go on about this computing skills crap.. its basically like

Q: you have been on the computer for an hour, what should you do
a) stare at the screen for longer
b) keep playing for five more hours
c) take a 10minute break

gosh.. they really do underestimate our knowledge with technology..

sf_diegoxrock

HSC
|[ $}{33NA ]| said:
Ok so wat.... i shudnt stress or anything about the SC......????
nope, treat it like any year.. you'll hear your teachers lecturing u about how important it is, but really, theyre making a bigdeal outta a whole lot of nothing

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
concurs with above posts !!
SC = nothing to worry about !!!!
bludgey-de-doo !!
from yr 7 - 10 are bludge years
imo ,, 11/12 are most important yrs

Scanorama

HSC
If you intend to go to Year 11 and the HSC, then don't be bother with the SC. If you apply some common sense and listen in class at least half of the time, then you shouldnt have any problem to pass the exam (pass means getting band 2 or above). I mucked up in class for most of the time in year 10, I studied a little bit before exams, and I received Band 3/4/5/6 in the SC. And for those who will stay for the HSC, enjoy Year 11 too, compare to Year 12, Year 11 is a bludge.

BUT if you intend to drop out after year 10, then treat it as HSC, do your BEST and study as hard as you can, because the SC is very important to you.

Last edited:
S

systemx

Rofl, sif study for the sc. I played counter-strike every day for the 5 weeks leading up to the exam and I got 3 band 6's and 2 5's. I did the sc last year btw.

samuelblayden

Newcstle Knights 2006
HSC
sf_diegoxrock said:
yea the 3 days of the test is the hardest 3 days from yr 1 to yr 10

s0k0y0e0

HSC
DON"T STRESS!

|[ $}{33NA ]| said:
Ok so wat.... i shudnt stress or anything about the SC......????
Teachers will over exagerate bout the SC all the time! (especially if your just in a Yr 7-10 school like I was!).

It may be a different matter if you're leaving school at Yr 10; cause then you may want some good results to show off to employers!

But If not; the moment you finish that exam...no one gives a shit bout your S.C.! :uhhuh:

A l

HSC
N/A
Note the paradox. USUALLY, people who don't wish to spend another 2 years at school because they hate it and have poor academic results, would drop out of Year 10. Since the School Certificate is the important indicator of educational training in terms of employment in this case, it is highly unlikely that these students would get a good School Certificate to "show off".
In other words, in general the less capable students would normally "drop out" and usually get low marks in the School Certificate and hence it would be almost useless. If students were to leave school forever at Year 10, with an excellent School Certificate result, they would probably be good enough to go onto the Higher School Certificate anyway and it would be wise to stay for another two years unless under special circumstances.

Danoz The Great

HSC
Thank God somebody made a thread about this. My brother's in year 10 and he's shitting me so much, thinking it's the end of the world and all. I can now show him this thread since he doesn't believe me when I say "Don't stress! It's nothing!"

mouldy_bread

HSC
I listened in class most of the time in years 7-10... But I decided the SC meant diddly-squat because I'd go for my HSC. So I didnt study at all in the lead up to the SC, and I got straight band 5s. Piece of proverbial cake. Maths was a bit disappointing though as I got a band 6 in the trials. Missed out by one mark !

HNCS

Fanatic
HSC
Yr 6, SC, HSC and Uni.

I remember in yr 6 when my teachers were fully pressing on us, as if it was the end of the world. But i really didn't matter.
Now that I am doing SC, i feel the same again. And i never actually worried about it. Becuase i don't really think employers would actually look at it..
To Yr 6 students (if there is any here) don't stress, nobody even remembers what they did in primrary.
To SC friends, SC is only a way to get used to HSC, it's really nothing.
To HSC brothers and sisters. I tell you to not stress about it too much. Uni is even bigger than HSC.
To Uni people. Don't stress about uni, your career life is trillions time tougher.
To people at work. Don't stress about work, life has much more to offer, such as death.
To people that are facing death, don't worry, your life is about to end. All troubles will be left behind.
This kind of logic always seems to amaze me... Sigh...

12-51

Custom User Title
HSC
my teachers say "school certificate" in just about every single sentence and I am so sick of hearing about it. My sister/older friends all tell me not to worry about it so I'm not really stressed out about it or anything.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)