To all the Year10's of '05 (1 Viewer)

Hermzie

rarrrrrrrrr
HSC
At the beginning of year 10 the Principal told my grade it would be a year we'd have to take very seriously. At the beginning of year 11, he told us he lied.

I didn't believe people when they told me the SC was the biggest joke in the world but now I couldn't agree anymore. It means nothing if you intend on going onto year 11 and really- no one gives a shit about it after they actually sit for it.

A friend of mine coloured the Geography multiple choice section in a pattern, and then for the written responses he copied all the answers from his history paper- he ended up with a band 2. That means he still passed.

Don't stress, just have fun:)

zenger69

Bok Choyer
HSC
I actually wish my teachers pushed my year a bit harder.

Because they didn't care and they spent more time in their free time working on yr11s and yr12s. They kind of neglected us.

But i ended up with 2 band 6s in Geo and Maths and the rest band 5s.

But it would have been nice to have all band 6s

a8o

HSC
zenger69 said:
I actually wish my teachers pushed my year a bit harder.

Because they didn't care and they spent more time in their free time working on yr11s and yr12s. They kind of neglected us.

But i ended up with 2 band 6s in Geo and Maths and the rest band 5s.

But it would have been nice to have all band 6s
You wouldn't be doing your HSC this year would you?

m_isk

HSC
N/A
a8o said:
You wouldn't be doing your HSC this year would you?
why who cares?? threatened by a couple of band sixes or something? :p

felixcthecat

HSC
SC is realli nothing... basically a class test given to everyone in nsw?? i literally didn't study for my SC cuz i had continuous exams during my SC last yr.. and got a scatter of band 5's and 6's.. and besides, it's not too important, just don't fail it..

INXS

King For A Day
HSC
Yeah only studied a few nights before hand, managed to scrape in all band 5s, except band 4 in english, they didn't like my 3 page bullshit story. oh well. :cool:

nitro.vo

HSC
sf_diegoxrock said:
If you look through the past threads you'll see plenty of people saying that the School Certificate was a joke and :uhhuh: I would have to agree.
I did the SC in '04 and studied hard for 3days and applied myself to school for the whole year and when it came to finally to an end, after two days and five exams.. it was all over! and to think.. what was with the big fuss all the teachers were making before we sat the exams.. so my advice to you all is to RELAX.
No, i'm not telling you not to study or pay attention in class.. just don't get freaked out about it and I know many of you won't believe me when I say its a joke.. but you will when its over :) enjoy year 10, its the last year of bludging!

HERE HERE!

I totally agree with everything you said.

It was overated and was uneeded stress. sure it was nice to get a couple of band 5's for me ()seeing as though i was a bludger and never did homework) but otherwise it was nothing to me ,especially since I'm going on to do my HSC.

Riddles

4th Gen. Ford Supporter
good question! u can ask me that if we get there
HSC
if any of u yr 10 kids are freaking out about the School Certificate, it's overrated and not actually that hard. i didn't study more than 2 hrs for any subject and i got high 80's in every subject except history and geography for which i got 74% each, but i hate history and geography

TeeJayArr

HSC
teachers keep telling how important the SC is(which im currently doing), i reckon its a load of crap,im passing with flying colours without studying,i spend my days on footy and the surf

P

pLuvia

TeeJayArr said:
teachers keep telling how important the SC is(which im currently doing), i reckon its a load of crap,im passing with flying colours without studying,i spend my days on footy and the surf
SURE MATE sure u are,
you guys are such idiots saying you don't study, when you are actually studying your ass off
i mean its not a BAD thing that people study geez~
stop saying you didnt study for the HSC and you got 90+ sif man, you gotta be REALLY REALLY SMART to do that, i dont think anyone could do that
and SC well, lets say dont study AT ALL and tell me your results
DONT EVEN LOOK AT YOUR BOOK AT ALL, if you think ull pass with flying colours,

show me your band 6s without studying :p

gosh

advice:
year 10 is the best year. dont stress, enjoy it while you can

nwatts

HSC
kadlil said:
SURE MATE sure u are,
you guys are such idiots saying you don't study, when you are actually studying your ass off
stop saying you didnt study for the HSC and you got 90+ sif man, you gotta be REALLY REALLY SMART to do that, i dont think anyone could do that

You couldn't get a UAI of 90+ without studying. The HSC is an excersise in cramming shit into your brain. That doesn't happen without even a limited amount of study.

SC on the other hand is pure general knowledge. I didn't lift a finger and scored band 6s/5s. 96 was my top exam mark, which was in English. I wouldn't even dream of doing the same for the HSC.

drewgcn

postpantsism
HSC
kadlil said:
Some people can do it. A guy in my old maths class used to play computer games all the time, watched the teacher write stuff on the board, but never attempted exercises.

He got 97 for his school certificate in maths.

The teacher didn't even bother telling him he'd get a bad mark. He could tell he'd kill it, so instead he said he should get used to working because he might one day find it hard.

P

pLuvia

nwatts said:
You couldn't get a UAI of 90+ without studying. The HSC is an excersise in cramming shit into your brain. That doesn't happen without even a limited amount of study.
well that's wat ive heard people say on BoS, and yeh its VERY VERY unlikely~

puss

HSC
Confused

wow, at the start of this thread i was worried bout SC then after reading some posts u had me going that SC was a breeze, now im just confused. im just going to go back to what i was planning to do.
start revising notes and complete homework and assignments

even if SC is a breeze theres nothing wrong with getting into good habbits for YR11 and 12 and it just raises my chances of getting a better score then someone who is "breezing"
good luck to u breezers tho, i dont think its how something should be approached, even if it does mean nothing after u finish it.

Last edited:

-pari-

HSC
N/A
kadlil said:
SURE MATE sure u are,

i agree with that.....

it's not BAD to study, so there's nothing wrong with admitting it

i agree, i've looked thru past papers, and they seem pretty simple, but i'm not gonna say i'm not gonna even go through my books lol

HSC
I did study for English at all for SC I got 58, i didnt study for science at all i got 96 and something around there for maths, but why? why did i get such a high mark?

because I had studied my ass off for my trials, i spent at least 2-3 hours a day for a week on maths and science, plus i did the advanced maths and i had a kickass science teacher, remember this

the more you pay attention in class, the less you have to study

Last edited:

sikeveo

back after sem2
HSC
no study, all band 6 bar english which i did in yr9 (88). Work hard in yr11 and yr12 or you'll regret it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)