To all those complaining about Section B (1 Viewer)

borkis04

You have been blocked.
Arse of the World, Syd being the arsehole :D
HSC
oh..and plus..
THE HSC IS OVERRATED!..its is merely a test of memory...i suck at memorising 3 entire essays..so yeh..i suck...enough said.

Ohh yeh..heaps of people only wrote abt 2 poems in well..i did Yeats...i blabbered on abt three..dismally..would i get more marks as i answered the question? i mean my essay wasnt that bad..prob around a 14-16/20 hopefully..

Theodopolis

HSC
God! All these ridiculous cases of sub-standard teachers.

Makes you appreciate how effective a Greek, a badger, a God, a Frenchman pretending to be English and a man who is slightly balder than every other man on earth really are.

duliel

Closet nerd
HSC
Theodopolis said:
Well think about it... They've taught chickens to count... taught horses to clop the times table.... but has anyone taught a chimpanzee to write a sentence?

It is the concept of literature that separates us from the animals.
Did you put that in your essay too?

duliel

Closet nerd
HSC
d.j said:
On the school Japan Japan tour in 2003 I fully participated in the classes that the High-school had to offer - in effect, the language experience enabled me to add 'textual integrity' to my japanese rhetoric, as I was forced to speak the language in a universe (ok, ok, country) which recognised a fusion of Western and Japanese-traditionalist values. The critical interpretations of my devloping language, throughout my experience in japan, gave rise to greater value and meaning in language I was using. The whole experience rendered my japanese language as one which resonates with the context in which the language came to be.
What the fuck are you talking about?!

marydh

HSC
chensta said:
Now i really better start studying for my HSC (we asians do not consider English a valid course) :)
You know what, i'm not asian and all i do at school is english, history and french, but i agree with you somewhat.

i personally think it's complete bull that utterly science based cause like vet. science or medicine pretty much requires a strong advanced english mark for people to get into it. i'm not surprised people go to dodgy tutors...they're kind of pushed towards it. in the same way i think it's absolute crap that the only way i'd get into a UTTERLY language based course like arts/law is by doing maths and science. at least that's what i've gathered through the SAM (assuming i'm not going to get 100 for every single one of my exams).

i don't blame you for not caring about english advanced. i hope they nationalise the whole thing and get rid of the outdated pomo rubbish and all those stupid films we have to look at. our teachers are not qualified to teach film - we learn nothing. it's just trendy. and crap.

chensta

HSC
N/A
yay sumbody agrees with me :p im not saying english sucks, if people likes english they can do it all they want, just as sum people luv maths. But why aint maths compulsory, they say for most people, all the maths they need is learnt by year 10, now i can argue that all the english i ever bloody need is learnt by then as well.

d.j

HEY, please wait up a second...

duliel said:
Ty

but my point still stands....
This is the "fuck", as you put it, that I was referring to --->

Firstly, I was responding to chensta's comments about the nature of the English Syllabus, as it stands today. Pefect Element pointed out that if one chooses to reside in a country in which the dominant language may not be their native tongue, that, indeed, there is an expectation on that person's part to learn to be proficient in the dominant language - he highlights the point that, universally, no matter where one travels, all languages are to be considered equally worth of study, for the aforementioned reason. Saying that English is "not a valid course', is indeed a overstatement. My experiences in a foreign asian country certainly held true to the idea that all 'languages' are worthy of study, in the countries in which the are dominant.

I think that Chensta was trying to point out that indeed, "English" as a HSC subject, does not examine 'skills in english', but rather, ones ability to construct and memorise sophiticated arguments appropriate to audience, purpose and form.

If this is indeed what Chensta is trying to point out, then here, I wholeheartedly agree with him. It is 'time' for change. We need an english course that teaches us the REAL skills of english, in terms of both reading for ideas and composing for ideas, again, in relation to audience, purpose and form.

I hope that clarifies the nature of our discussion with chensta, for you. Best of luck for the rest of your HSC exams!

d.j

Schroedinger said:
Flawless Victory.
Victory

n.

'A successful ending of a struggle or contest'

Did a contest exist from the beginning?

Enoch

ur a closet enoch-sexual!
HSC
our skool had to do the 3 hardest combo..

speeches,in the wild, and powerplay

dr3amy

thats not true, im an asian and i love eng so does lots of my asian friends, the nature of hsc eng is a bit stuffed though, not exactly testing your "english skills"

ElGronko

Not premium
HSC
As i said in the other thread:

"Listen you bitches, you had to learn, what, 3 speeches (or poems).

What's that? Like 10 pages or something.

We had to read a whole fuck of a shit book.

Once one of you fucks tries reading "Skin of a Lion" come back to me.

And for the record, i nailed that exam. My essays were brilliant.

Looks like I'll be getting a better mark than you for English then.

Quit your bitching and suck it up."

I loved the exam, as far as loving an exam can go. I was incredible, someone should have filmed me writing.

I then went out and got drunk at a pub and my mate tripled his money on the pokies.

What a great day.

5 days till my next exam.

Such shit.

borkis04

You have been blocked.
Arse of the World, Syd being the arsehole :D
HSC
Egronk said:
As i said in the other thread:

"Listen you bitches, you had to learn, what, 3 speeches (or poems).

What's that? Like 10 pages or something.

We had to read a whole fuck of a shit book.

Once one of you fucks tries reading "Skin of a Lion" come back to me.

And for the record, i nailed that exam. My essays were brilliant.

Looks like I'll be getting a better mark than you for English then.

Quit your bitching and suck it up."

I loved the exam, as far as loving an exam can go. I was incredible, someone should have filmed me writing.

I then went out and got drunk at a pub and my mate tripled his money on the pokies.

What a great day.

5 days till my next exam.

Such shit.

dogmatic....60%

ego...30%

luck...10%

This guy is an entertaining tool....priceless..:D

Barnation

Little Emo Bitch
HSC
chensta said:
Now i really better start studying for my HSC (we asians do not consider English a valid course) :)
What an absolutely ridiculous comment...

I thought the test was fair. I had prepared for more than 2 speeches for Section B so I wasn't overly devastated (or surprised) when they asked for three.

I think the whole test was somewhat boring. It was merely just three essays. No speeches, or feature articles to write. Just lame essays. Oh well!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)