To early for "I love you" (1 Viewer)

Katie123

Clinical is OVER
HSC
i think i said it pretty early ...but i didnt exactly get a reply straight away. it took him maybe 2 months into it to say it. which was not long after i said it anyway. Now it gets said all teh time which is good but i think now its a bit of an overused thing. its okay cos i know i mean it but i'd love to save it for random special moments

HSC
N/A
True, if the word is overused, then it loses meaning, but that's the same with everything. To say I love you, you've gotta mean it - and say it, really.. if that's what you feel, just dont overuse the word .. because as matchstick01 said, if you use it tooooo daimn much, there's no satisfaction in hearing it agian.. it becomes somewhat routine.. i guess

malayansurf

HSC
ur_inner_child said:
John Mayer Quote Time!!!

It's a good read.

"When you first meet somebody, you find out they like you first of all. A friend of a friend of their’s says he or she really really likes you and it floors you, kills you, sends you to the ground. You gotta pick yourself up off the ground and then you get their phone number and you call them up right and you say “Yeah that was a great phone conversation, can I see you sometime?” And then they say this, they say, “I’d like that” And “I’d like that” makes you fall on the floor again. Your heart is about to stop because of “I’d like that.” Nothing feels better than “I’d like that.” So now, your blood pressure’s goin’. You’re six feet off the ground. You can’t sleep because of “I’d like that.”

So then you hang out for a while and you call and you talk on the phone all the time and then you drop the bomb or what feels like the bomb. You say, “You know what? I’ve been thinkin about you a lot.” And see goes “Haaaaugh!” And you go “What happened?” and she goes “I’m sorry. I just. I just. I just. That’s… I’ve been thinking about you too.” BAM! Higher into the sky. But now, “I’d like that?” Done! Now you’re up to “I’m thinking about you.”

Then, however number of months pass, it makes you feel comfortable saying it, you say “I gotta tell you something.” They go “What?” You go, “I’m in love with you.” And nothing in the world sounds better than “I’m in love with you.” And then maybe she starts crying or maybe he goes “Huuugh!” And then all of a sudden you’re like, “I’m in.” But now, what doesn’t work? “I’d like that” and “I’ve been thinkin about you.” Now we’re at “I’m in love with you.”

Then maybe someday we move up to “I love you.”Fastforward, now you’re like “I love you a lot. I love you more than anything in life.” Now “I love you” doesn’t work. It’s a threshold. It keeps moving up.

Fastforward like six months, six weeks, whatever the case may be. Now you’re on like, “I wanna marry you. I wanna impregnate you with my love. I wanna- I wanna just send my love to you. Damnit! Words don’t work anymore!” And then you say this line and you know-you know you’ve used this line before. “I just wish they’d put a new word in the dictionary bigger than love, cuz love just doesn’t decribe what I feel.”

And so then, now he or she starts asking “Do you love me?” And you start going, “Of course I love you.” “Well say it!” And then it becomes “Say it twice” and they go “Say it three times.' And then, you cross a really interesting point, where all of a sudden it becomes “I hate you. I hate you.” And you go “Oh my God, she hates me.” And now it’s “I hate you more than anything!” And then it’s like “We’re over!” And they’re like “No, we’re not!” And you go “Yes we are!”

And now the words completely do not work at all. You’re left with nothing. You’re throwing punches under water. You’re done!

You know what the moral of this story is – if there is one?

Never ever, ever, ever underestimate the power of “I’d like that."
this is abit late..but john mayer is so goddamn awesome hes the most talented person in the entire world.

i think, if you've known them and liked them for ages, it would be alright to say "i love you" within probably two weeks.

boasboy

MUSTARD*
HSC
took us 3 weeks to say it to each other.. only known her for 3 months.

mayb it's abit overused now.. but we still mean it everytime we say it :p ( well i do at least :p )

*ashlea*

HSC
well i think it doesnt matter when u say it, as long as its true it'll just come out naturally at some point..
i actually dont remember when my b/f said he loved me or when i said it 2 him.. he probably does though.. hmm.. thats bad of me, but i guess i felt like that 4 ages, so it wasnt a sudden realisation that made me say it..
we've been together about 7months now, but it was a long time coming..

.:newii

in a house (thankfully) phew that cardboard box wa
HSC
champ_sammy_19 said:
I've known this guy for just over a month now and we are really close friends (kinda like we've known each other forever)
But we act soooooo much like a couple all the time, he ring every night :) :eek:
omgosh thats exactly how me and my bf started off..we were jst frnds and we were soo close that it acted like we were already 2getha it was like a de-facto r/ship hehe.. then slowly things progressed and now we've been goin out 4 7months! so jst take it as it comes.... btw he told me that he loved me after a month

HSC
hey, i've been with my boi for 4 months and he dropped the three little words at one month....it took me by surprise but as soon as u think ur ready 2 say it it's the best f**kin feelin in the world. i didnt think i was the "lovey dovey" type but bein in love is something u wished u'd given urself the chance 2 do before.....

Courtenay

HSC
N/A
My man said them after about 3 weeks, but ours was sort of a whirlwind, very intense thing because i was leaving the country and we werent going to see each other for 9 months...very confusing

yulia

i'm sorry for your face.
HSC
I've had guys say it to me after 3 weeks.

I've had guys say it to me on the first night.

It's been a month now with my latest...but we still only say "I like you"...

It may feel great to hear it, but saying it/hearing because you think you do but you haven't really thought about it, and saying/hearing it too soon, is the worse thing that a person can do to another in a relationship...

Here is Gone

HSC
Love = A zero score in tennis

Don't get the definition of it mixed up =]

-a-s-h-i-

HSC
My bf always tells me he loves me, but i rarely tell him i do..and half the time wen he does, i dont like it..sometimes i think "i love him",like if he says something really nice but not all the time. i love spending time with him, most the time..and i dont say it unless at that specific time im thinking 'i love you', and wen i do say it, i mean it in the sense that 'i love u but im not in love wiv u'..
Loving someone and being in love are very different..you might love icecream but your not necessarily 'in love' with it...i love alot of people so love isnt a big word to me..but for others it can mean thw world for someone to say that..
Id rather hear something like "you mean alot to me" or a general compliment like "you look hot" or "i like those pants"..lol...get me??!!

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
.:newii said:
omgosh thats exactly how me and my bf started off..we were jst frnds and we were soo close that it acted like we were already 2getha it was like a de-facto r/ship hehe.. then slowly things progressed and now we've been goin out 4 7months! so jst take it as it comes.... btw he told me that he loved me after a month
same with me!
my boyfriend and i were just friends when we just met. we talked to each other on the phone every single night for at least 2 or 3 hours for a couple of weeks. then we met and we started going out. it's been a year and a half now :) and we're quite serious about it ^^

HerO

Banned
69 Penis Avenue, Dickton Pussyville 6969.
HSC
-a-s-h-i- said:
My bf always tells me he loves me, but i rarely tell him i do..and half the time wen he does, i dont like it..sometimes i think "i love him",like if he says something really nice but not all the time. i love spending time with him, most the time..and i dont say it unless at that specific time im thinking 'i love you', and wen i do say it, i mean it in the sense that 'i love u but im not in love wiv u'..
Loving someone and being in love are very different..you might love icecream but your not necessarily 'in love' with it...i love alot of people so love isnt a big word to me..but for others it can mean thw world for someone to say that..
Id rather hear something like "you mean alot to me" or a general compliment like "you look hot" or "i like those pants"..lol...get me??!!
NOPE......:cool:

princesssfi

breakmystride
HSC
-a-s-h-i- said:
actually - yeah :)
its like they thought about it more than just throwing some line away...
my b/f has said it in sms msgs which is pretty sjupid, yeah, but never actually said it. which i kinda like, bcoz its like he's thought about it more than that.

pompador

& what do you say when you dont think it back :

"i love you"
"oh..."

& also

"so are we together now?"
"aah..."

yeah, its happened to me a few times, & i dont want to hurt them coz they're putting their heart on the line, so i tent to end up in multiple relationships at once (oops)

HSC
after nearly a month, i THINK he said the words today...but it was whispered and i didnt wanna go "pardon?" so i didnt reply...then the moment passed, so i dunno whether he did or didnt...gah!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)