Tony Abbott - Do you want him as PM? (1 Viewer)

You think the 2010-11 Federal Election should go to the:

• Labor Party under Kevin Rudd

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Liberal Party under Tony Abbott

• Other

• Total voters

Lentern

HSC
Is that to be counted upon?

A unicameral parliament makes it easier to pass legislation that you like, but also legislation that you don't like.

Unfortunately you can't have your cake and eat it too.
Is it to be counted upon? I strongly believe it is what would happen. And I know there would be legislation I don't like but ultimately I am a profound believer in democracy and have faith in people to throw out a government who completely oversteps.

nevery

HSC
I say neither for these reasons:

I believe Abbot has the qualities for an Opposition leader - criticise the government, point out what's wrong with it, and try to get them to make a form of compromise. I do not see him as having the potential for the leader of this country. His lack of clear policy in many areas is example of this.

Rudd, on the other hand, has promised so much to this country and failed to deliver on a number of these promises. His ineffectiveness at Copenhagen can almost be forgiven only because the European leaders were undermined in a similar kind of way. But... I have looked at what Rudd's done and I don't believe I want him in charge either.
+1

Abbott doesn't have the policy, Rudd doesn't have the delivery.

"other"

slugboy

In your mums house. Ill be waiting for you.
HSC
i tell you stimulus packages don't work and that Rudd is an idiot for delivering one following along my underline arguement that government intentions though they may be good always cause more harm then good.

Then how come Australia was one of the first countries to recover from the GFC? Why does Australia only have a debt of 63 (or something) billion, compared with US and UK who have debts of up to 6 TRILLION DOLLERS!?!?

It is true that rudd caused the government to be in debt, but he did help the average Australian to actually recover from THEIR dept.

Lauchlan

HSC
then how come australia was one of the first countries to recover from the gfc? Why does australia only have a debt of 63 (or something) billion, compared with us and uk who have debts of up to 6 trillion dollers!?!?

It is true that rudd caused the government to be in debt, but he did help the average australian to actually recover from their dept.
+1

Rothbard

HSC
N/A
Hhahahahahah Rudd's going to lose the election

or if he wins he's going to get rolled

Lauchlan

HSC
Then how come Australia was one of the first countries to recover from the GFC? Why does Australia only have a debt of 63 (or something) billion, compared with US and UK who have debts of up to 6 TRILLION DOLLERS!?!?

It is true that rudd caused the government to be in debt, but he did help the average Australian to actually recover from THEIR dept.
oh yeah good work scuba (srsly)

the above comment is invalid because of the bolded spelling error.

hahaha slugboy got what was coming to him.

Rothbard

HSC
N/A
cannot wait for Rudd and Labor to be *GONE*

scuba_steve2121

On The Road To Serfdom
HSC
N/A

basically the stimulus package has given you the appearance of an economic recovery. all it has done is re inflate the 'bubble' that burst in the first place. it has prevented the proper reallocation of capital and labour. and it won't be to long before before the bubble bursts again as it did in Greece where the EU had to do another stimulus package which was like 1 trillion dollars.

the economy will fall again twice as hard this time (sometime later this year or early next) and whoever is in government has the choice. do another stimulus package which will lead to more debt, higher inflation and a longer recession because the bubble will just burst again and again.

or leave the economy be and let it sort out where it needs to reallocate, so the cycle can start again.

Lentern

HSC
basically the stimulus package has given you the appearance of an economic recovery. all it has done is re inflate the 'bubble' that burst in the first place. it has prevented the proper reallocation of capital and labour. and it won't be to long before before the bubble bursts again as it did in Greece where the EU had to do another stimulus package which was like 1 trillion dollars.

the economy will fall again twice as hard this time (sometime later this year or early next) and whoever is in government has the choice. do another stimulus package which will lead to more debt, higher inflation and a longer recession because the bubble will just burst again and again.

or leave the economy be and let it sort out where it needs to reallocate, so the cycle can start again.
Or it could introduce some well thought out regulations to correct market defects.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)