too many international students (1 Viewer)

KarmaKitten

HSC
What do you mean, "demonstrator"?

You mean boss, employer?

I say things out loud like this all the time, gets me into trouble :)
I really doubt that you go around the workplace making racial assumptions about Asians and Indians work character being weak 'all the time'.

Tim035

HSC
Oh gawd.. The amount of times I wanted to face-palm when it was my Asian partners turn to do his / her part of the presentation. Once again though, I don't blame them, I'm sure they'd feel like face palming if I had to give a presentation in their native tongue.

dude01

HSC
Oh gawd.. The amount of times I wanted to face-palm when it was my Asian partners turn to do his / her part of the presentation. Once again though, I don't blame them, I'm sure they'd feel like face palming if I had to give a presentation in their native tongue.
This. Except I dont have enough self control and start laughing.

BTW I'm asian, born here and sound like a bogan.

Tim035

HSC
This. Except I dont have enough self control and start laughing.

BTW I'm asian, born here and sound like a bogan.
I remember in neurophysiology they put the best and worse answers to some of the mid semester exam questions on a powerpoint. The bad ones were written in the worse broken English I've ever seen. As the lecturer started reading them out I lost it and burst in laughter, I had to just put my head on the desk and try to bite my tongue.

midnightmint

HSC
N/A
can anyone here honestly say that if they had to go to china for uni that they'd learn mandarin and try to make as many chinese friends as possible, in preference to hanging out with the other aussies? :S

EDIT: or say Burkina Faso or something, since smartarses will say they already know Mandarin -_-
Well I'm the "xenophobe" that has an issue with too many international students, and guess what.. yes, I once did Mandarin classes voluntarily.. nothing to do with work or studies. I did suck at it though and have forgotten every word :)

My sister kinda ran Air China so I tagged along to language classes with her.

superralex

Sheriosusly BHS09.
HSC
mr 2yen you racist person... why cant international people come over n learn maybe you should fuck off btw listen to the song art of love its good

HSC
Are you talking about biomed engineering gn-ed? Dude --> its a gen-ed. Actually; I would've thought your commercial bioetch group with arc Wilkins would've been worse.

EDIT: I would've been annoyed too.

Bbylove.

HSC
if i have the option of doing combined law, what makes u think an international student will do better than me
because they're not on bored of studies complaining about the number of international students at unsw.

KokoNut

HSC
mr2yen just get over it..

and here comes a new international student who will join B Com in two months...

Why i dnt go to uni in China?Just because there are 10,200,000 students did the Chinese HSC exam in 2009 (according to 2006 census, there are 19,855,288 people in Australia, and i remember only 70000 students did HSC last year? see the comparison...the number is soooo big!)

And as the previous thread said, only peking and tsinghua uni are famous and good enough compares to UNSW's ranking...however only a few of students can get into these universities through hardworking and terrible workload(school starts 7am finishes at 6 pm, homework everyday from 8pm-12+pm)

And the stupid education department has made different cut-offs for students from each part of China, in my part, i need a higher mark than others to get into famous uni.

then of course i choose to study in syd, improve my English, and easier to get into a good uni, less workload and i learnt a lot beside study during my high school time=)

hollyy.

stop looking at me swan.
HSC
lol this whole notion of 'oh the internationals don't integrate with Aussies and they congregate among themselves' is so hypocritical.

Aussies almost shun or stay away from international students. They are almost viewed contemptuously and this thread and countless others are a testament to this. All the white students make friends with other white students, the local asians congregate with other local asians, the internationals with the internationals etc. Occasionally you have many local asians with white groups, but hardly ever an international, and you can't blame them, your all hardly accepting of them.
im white, my best friend at uni is an internationally from malaysia. she even stayed at my house in the holidays. booyah.

d3vilz

HSC
Uni Grad
mr 2yen you racist person... why cant international people come over n learn maybe you should fuck off btw listen to the song art of love its good
lmao. you should've heard some of the funny stuff he said at last year's open day.

Tim035

HSC
Are you talking about biomed engineering gn-ed? Dude --> its a gen-ed. Actually; I would've thought your commercial bioetch group with arc Wilkins would've been worse.

EDIT: I would've been annoyed too.
Bio med engineering was fine actually. It was more some of my pharmacology subjects, especially in the last semester.

Kokonut- That is insane! 10 hours of uni / 5 days a week! I don't understand what they could possibly keep on teaching over that excessive time period without going in to detail that would make an Australian uni degree look like primary school.

Last edited:

ad infinitum

HSC
N/A
This thread is really quite pathetic. Chinese students are almost fluent in English and have a solid understanding of whatever insipid, amorphic 'Australian Culture' you espouse. Yet most Australian's can't speak 2 words of another langauge, and are born into western culture. So all you foul bogan xenophobes desperate fo a 'Whites Only' University ought to pack your bags for a rural TAFE because thats where you belong.

HSC
N/A
This thread is really quite pathetic. Chinese students are almost fluent in English and have a solid understanding of whatever insipid, amorphic 'Australian Culture' you espouse. Yet most Australian's can't speak 2 words of another langauge, and are born into western culture. So all you foul bogan xenophobes desperate fo a 'Whites Only' University ought to pack your bags for a rural TAFE because thats where you belong.
A rural TAFE? No way, such an environment is far to progressive, these types will only be happy at Patriot Bible University

BuCUE

Banned
HSC
N/A
the international students are here to stay at UNSW to complete/drop out of their degree.

but the decrepit trespassers not from UNSW are not welcome here and should return to their cesspit of an institution. they are the real problem here not the international students.

Last edited:

Casablancas

HSC
Lol, what are you some kind of dropkick bogan? Haven't you heard of globalisation? I agree with redmayne, just go to CSU, Notre Dame or any of those low-ranking universities. You're bound to find many of your kind aka low achievers.
Bahahahahahaha. I hate it when people start these sorta threads. What I do enjoy are the whitty remarks of the more learned individuals like yourself :rofl:

Bendent

HSC
if u dont like international students why even care or complain about them? life is urs. u can choose not to make friends, talk or relate to them.

these kind of comments do get annoying. learn to ignore ppl.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)