Topics for '09 (1 Viewer)

.isabellus

HSC
I'm doing the English Reformation - "Discuss the conflicting views of the Catholics and the Church of England reformers in three areas of society: the monarchy, the laity and religion".

I think it's too broad and I could talk for thousands of words on it. Once I started researched I liked the idea of "An outwardly Protestant church in England with inwardly Catholic doctrine" moreso than my chosen direction. I'm so behind in my process log, if I don't catch up I'll drop the subject.

Does anyone know anybody else who as tackled the English Reformation as their project?

x

0hNivlek

HSC
Marie Antoinette: A Microcosm of ________. "Was she a catalyst of French Social Change" (Can't think of the right word/phrase there yet).

benn07

HSC
My focus thing is: "Blood diamonds- cover up" i thought we were supposed to have a question but apparently we dont need one, just a bunch of focus questions/inquiry things. Help anyone? I have only just started writing mine and its due at the end of this term!

live.fast

HSC
N/A
My focus thing is: "Blood diamonds- cover up" i thought we were supposed to have a question but apparently we dont need one, just a bunch of focus questions/inquiry things. Help anyone? I have only just started writing mine and its due at the end of this term!
Whilst the History Extension MP does have syllabus specified requirements, it's best to follow what your teacher says on this; after all, it is marked internally, not externally. If your teacher has given you the okay to proceed on a group of questions, as opposed to a focus question, then you're in the clear - but like I said, best to clarify this on EXTREMELY clear terms with your teacher!

P.S - On a separate note, I've always seen this with students of mine, but the focus question should reveal your insight into exactly the type of inquiry this project is supposed to be; previous 'History' projects in Year 11 were a great time to focus on fact-finding approaches. History Extension is a course aimed at broadening that approach. Don't confuse the two!

This MP is an exercise in establishing just how tenuous 'history' can be! Look at just how far historians will embrace the interpretative and extraneous elements of history! Consider what prevailing theories and prejudices there might be that act on the historian (and their works!)

Why can't we accept any single historian's account as an unvarnished description of past events? Why do historians with equal access to the evidence and rigorous academic scholarship produce such jarringly different accounts?

My best advice to students has always been to engage with this project in the exact same way that you might engage with your elective HSC topic (whether it be JFK or Elizabeth). I stress the importance of adopting a similar approach, and of appreciating just how focal historians and their practices should be to your MP; because, invariably, most teachers will see both the elective topic section, and the MP in the same vein, and mark accordingly. (Mine did at least!)

0hNivlek

HSC
Crap! Drafts due before the end of term /slit!

Gonna spend my whole holidays at the state library!

spazamataz

HSC
MINES DONE =D
Never felt better handing it in, it was like the best feeling in the world!
lol

snooky91

HSC
ours is due 2 weeks from our exam on monday.
whooo.... yeah havent done much of it.
my topic is the indian rebellion of 1857 and the changing perspectives on it.

0hNivlek

HSC
Marie Antoinette: A Microcosm of ________. "Was she a catalyst of French Social Change" (Can't think of the right word/phrase there yet).
LOL i altered my question a few days before it was due

[FONT=&quot]How has the historiography of Marie Antoinette been approached when concerning her role as a catalyst of French social change?[/FONT]

limeitup

HSC
Wow everyones projects sound really smart.. im doing the debate over the "invasion" of tibet by the chinese
No way! I did this in the year 11 modern historical investigation!It's great fun to research (although it's sad) but also really interesting

LynFay

HSC
GAH! I've started thinking of what I should do my major on but it's so hard to develop a proper question..

So far I've got :
- Whether Mary Magdalen was Jesus' wife or not?
- The US Presidents as Freemasons and their relations to The Illuminati
- New World Order conspiracy
OMG. I'm doing the 2010 History Extension course, and i was thinking Illuminati too! Thats not good...i was kinda hoping it was original. Which one did you end up doing??:drink:

wendymdnguyen

HSC
N/A
hi, im also doing 2010 course. im thinking of doing richard 'the lion heart' v 'wicked' king john - who was a better monarch of britain?

:S

whitnall8

HSC
Up to this point, i'm thinking of doing, "discuss the impacts of the Manhattan Project on the scientific community"

abrilro

HSC
god i feel so intimidated with all the samrt dudes. at first was thinking of doing how Karl Marxs communist manifesto influenced later communist societies, but it was way to broad, so going to do the Nazi Holocaust and both Germans and Allied sides views on it, and also past and present views

OMG WHY DID U CHANGE
im doing communist manifesto

missmanchester

HSC
Hi, I'm also doing the 2010 course. I'm doing the historiography of Victorian sexuality and its effects on us "moderns"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)