Traffic lights (2 Viewers)

champo14

HSC
scarybunny said:
a) the left
b) whoever got there first (that's how it works in the US, where they don't have roundabouts. Maybe not here.)

If there's a bit of traffic, they sort of go around the square. One person goes, then the person on their right goes, then the person on THEIR right goes etc.
Give way to the right! The right! Just like on a round-about. Oh god I hate how people cannot simply understand that rule.

Jess007

HSC
yeh i remember when i first driving manuals, mum and dad would say ' listen to the engine' but i could never pick up onthe friction point and would always end up stalling. an l plater usually cant tellstraight away, and will have to eventually grow to listen to the car and how it works...

i always hated manuals until i started not stalling

i was going to go auto, but im glad i didnt!!

worth the troubles

boris

Banned
HSC
williamc said:
Ermm. Well i drive both petrol and diesel manuals, and i 'chug' the diesel, as it has more torque, whereas i have to rev the guts out of the petrol.

qft. but this would be pretty hard for an L plater. something in which can't be learnt or taught, but is picked up with driving experience.
grew up driving landcruisers. had to rev the fuck out of them to get them out of first gear. every petrol since then has been ace.

point of the story; all vehicles are different so rely on the motor not the taco

williamc

HSC
boris said:
grew up driving landcruisers. had to rev the fuck out of them to get them out of first gear. every petrol since then has been ace.

point of the story; all vehicles are different so rely on the motor not the taco
yer i drive my dad's landcruiser.

Yer first gear is really short, and with such a space to second gear you rev the engine out (in the 80 series landcruisers), but still only to like 3000 rpm. But it feels like you are reving its tits off. (and sounds it)

boris

Banned
HSC
they had a prado for a few years and it was the biggest pain in the ass. you had to rev the crap out of it to take off in first (some shit to do with the turbo).
dad just got a new landcruiser ute, v8. it's pretty sweet, i was suprised at how smooth it was to drive. <3 it feels like im in a tank though

michael1990

HSC
champo14 said:
Give way to the right! The right! Just like on a round-about. Oh god I hate how people cannot simply understand that rule.
Hate to break it to you.

But that is not the rule.

The rule is give way to anyone on the round-a-bout.

williamc

HSC
boris said:
they had a prado for a few years and it was the biggest pain in the ass. you had to rev the crap out of it to take off in first (some shit to do with the turbo).
dad just got a new landcruiser ute, v8. it's pretty sweet, i was suprised at how smooth it was to drive. <3 it feels like im in a tank though
Turbo was too big for the car. proally an aftermarket one. Meaning it kicks in too high in the rev range, so you need to rev it hard to get it into turboooo.

omg, new cruiser ute, v8. my ultimate motor vehhhiccclllle.

hopefully getting a hilux soon.

Last edited:

boris

Banned
HSC
williamc said:
Turbo was too big for the car. proally an aftermarket one. Meaning it kicks in too high in the rev range, so you need to rev it hard to get it into turboooo.

omg, new cruiser ute, v8. my ultimate motor vehhhiccclllle.
yeah.
the interior hasnt changed in like, 20 years. it's still the most basic interior on the face of the planet

williamc

HSC
boris said:
yeah.
the interior hasnt changed in like, 20 years. it's still the most basic interior on the face of the planet
yer. have you had a look at those new 200 series cruisers? i wonder if they updated the interior. they def. look alot different externally. (and look shit imo)

boris

Banned
HSC
williamc said:
yer. have you had a look at those new 200 series cruisers? i wonder if they updated the interior. they def. look alot different externally. (and look shit imo)
Measuring 4.5 litres in capacity with a turbocharger for each bank of cylinders, the 200 will generate more than 200kW. But much more impressively, the torque figure will be 650Nm.

This massive amount of pulling power simply obliterates the current LandCruiser turbo-diesel options, a 96kW/285Nm 4.2-litre normally aspirated in-line six, and a 151kW/357Nm turbo I6.
hahahahaha what? what a unit of a vehicle.

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
The tacho is useful if you're learning I guess, but like everyone said you should drive by feel. If the engine is struggling shift down, revving too easily, shift up. A funny thing many people don't realise is that if you're in too higher gear and have to use more throttle to maintain speed you actually use more fuel than if you were in the correct gear and with less throttle, even though the revs will be noticeably lower in the higher gear.

williamc

HSC
Riet said:
The tacho is useful if you're learning I guess, but like everyone said you should drive by feel. If the engine is struggling shift down, revving too easily, shift up. A funny thing many people don't realise is that if you're in too higher gear and have to use more throttle to maintain speed you actually use more fuel than if you were in the correct gear and with less throttle, even though the revs will be noticeably lower in the higher gear.
that is arguable. to many variables.

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
boris said:
hahahahaha what? what a unit of a vehicle.
My friend just test drove a C-Class diesel. It only makes 125 kW but 400 nm at 2000 rpm. It pulls like a motherfucker in gear.

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
williamc said:
that is arguable. to many variables.
Yeh, but as a generalisation it holds true: Throttle position has a larger influence on consumption than RPM.

Edit: And I said too higher gear, not just like the next on up. I laugh at my friend when he tries to constantly cruise in 5th.

boris

Banned
HSC
i like to walk down the mainstreet and see the chick p platers try and be all cool, the whole time their car is going 'CHANGE MY FUCKING GEAR BITCHES'.

i dunno bout u guys, but sometimes chicks really embarrass me.

williamc

HSC
boris said:
i like to walk down the mainstreet and see the chick p platers try and be all cool, the whole time their car is going 'CHANGE MY FUCKING GEAR BITCHES'.

i dunno bout u guys, but sometimes chicks really embarrass me.
hahahaha. some chick p1 manual drivers really do pollute the earth with burnt clutch gases.

boris

Banned
HSC
one of my friends likes to ride the clutch around corners, and she is convinced she has to put the clutch in everytime she brakes. im like fuck dude, only use your clutch when you're braking and losing revs, but no, she rides her clutch.

embarrassment.

williamc

HSC
boris said:
one of my friends likes to ride the clutch around corners, and she is convinced she has to put the clutch in everytime she brakes. im like fuck dude, only use your clutch when you're braking and losing revs, but no, she rides her clutch.

embarrassment.
haha. thats bad.

yay got my p2 license yesterday.

boris

Banned
HSC
yay i can get off my p2 licence in 1 week!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)