Travel time to UNSW? (1 Viewer)

M@ster P

HSC
Hi,

Im just wondering how long does it take for you to travel to (not back) UNSW each day and what suburb do you live in.

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
i live near sutherland (south), takes me 1hr 5-20 mins depending on if i gotta wait for busses/trains or not.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
I live in Hornsby and it will probably take about 1 hour to get to UNSW - fmllll

proringz

HSC
I live in Hornsby and it will probably take about 1 hour to get to UNSW - fmllll
I know someone in Asquith, says it takes him 1.5 hours.
For me it takes between 1 - 2 hours from Beaumont Hills depending on timing of train and buses or if I drive, which is much quicker.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
I know someone in Asquith, says it takes him 1.5 hours.
For me it takes between 1 - 2 hours from Beaumont Hills depending on timing of train and buses or if I drive, which is much quicker.
Yeah but you have to consider the line you catch. I normally catch the intercity train from Hornsby that goes super fast becasue it's an express train. So I get to Central in 40 minutes and then I catch Bus which should take further 20 minutes.

If I decide to catch a train from Asquith hence the normal train, it takes like 1 hour 5 minutes to get to Central and yeah...1 hour and 30 minutes in that situation.

M@ster P

HSC
I went to this FEAS interview thing today for UNSW, took about 1hr 10mins to get from to UNSW from Bankstown, however I was talking to this uni student he said that I caught the 393 which is slower cause it stops more, she said that the 891 is express and quicker.

Just wondering is this average travel time?

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
I went to this FEAS interview thing today for UNSW, took about 1hr 10mins to get from to UNSW from Bankstown, however I was talking to this uni student he said that I caught the 393 which is slower cause it stops more, she said that the 891 is express and quicker.

My quickest is 1 hour and 5 minutes and I am sure I can maintain that... HOPEFULLY

Omie Jay

gone
HSC

891 and 895 are unsw express buses, only 1 stop, uni.
395, 393, etc, are public buses, stop at all stops, whenever passengers wanna get off, which is why its faster with express.
891 takes about 13 mins (say 15) to get from central to uni, 395 and co would probably take 20 or more.

My quickest is 1 hour and 5 minutes and I am sure I can maintain that... HOPEFULLY
my quickest was 1hr 4mins :p

LordPc

HSC
from experience, id say the travel time is about 35-40 minutes each way for an average student. takes me 1 hour on a good day, but I know a few people who travel nearly 2 hours to get to unsw

OP: what exactly are you trying to get out of this thread?

M@ster P

HSC
People say that travelling to UTS is easier because its closer to central but is that true cause it takes about 10 mins to walk to UTS and takes similar time to catch a bus from central to UNSW so there is really not much difference?

M@ster P

HSC
from experience, id say the travel time is about 35-40 minutes each way for an average student. takes me 1 hour on a good day, but I know a few people who travel nearly 2 hours to get to unsw

OP: what exactly are you trying to get out of this thread?
just curious

HSC
People say that travelling to UTS is easier because its closer to central but is that true cause it takes about 10 mins to walk to UTS and takes similar time to catch a bus from central to UNSW so there is really not much difference?
UTS has so many different buildings for different faculties, tis a-bit confusing though.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
If you're talking about the grey building, the walk through the tunnel should only take 5-10 minutes, whereas with the bus ride to UNSW may take longer.

LordPc

HSC
891 and 895 are unsw express buses, only 1 stop, uni.
395, 393, etc, are public buses, stop at all stops, whenever passengers wanna get off, which is why its faster with express.
891 takes about 13 mins (say 15) to get from central to uni, 395 and co would probably take 20 or more.
just a note for future students, if you come to uni in the afternoon, 2pm or later, you usually want to take the 391/393/395 to unsw instead of the express buses because in the afternoon express buses come every 30 minutes. so its better to get on a 395 and get to uni in 25 minutes, then wait for 20 minutes, get on an express, and get to uni after 30-35 minutes

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)